Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Tools    

I See You When You're Sleeping
It's directed by Michel Gondry and written by Charlie Kaufman. It's about a couple who decide to get their 'bad memories' wiped by having an operation. Starring Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet as the couple with Kirsten Dunst ,Tom Wilkinson and Elijah Wood.

I'm really looking forward to this one, it reminds me of Vanilla Sky. I really liked Kaufman's other efforts (Being John Malkovich ,Adaptation) so I hope this doesn't disappoint.

The Trailer
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	ETERNAL1copy.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	2185   Click image for larger version

Name:	ETERNAL3.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	2186   Click image for larger version

Name:	ETERNAL2.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	2187  

I am having a nervous breakdance
Where the hell have you been? Or have you been here without me knowing it? Are you avoiding me? Why? What have I done? But I DO like Radiohead! I do, I do! I'm sorry for the christmas gift that never arrived but I'll make it up to you on your birthday. Your birthday. Which is... Oh, I am sorry, Mini!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

And Michel Gondry and Chuck Kaufman collaborated before, on Human Nature (2002), which was just about completely ignored both commercially and critically here in the States. But it's a good flick, if not up to the high standard of Being John Malkovich and Adaptation. Check out the review thread HERE.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is the only Jim Carrey movie I've ever anticipated. And of course that has zero to do with him, and everything to do with Kaufman. But much of the rest of the cast does interest me: Tom Wilkinson, Kate Winslet, Mark Ruffalo, Elijah Wood, Ellen Pompeo and David Cross. March can't come fast enough - I really want to see this flick.

Official Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind site HERE.

And if for some reason you can't download the Eternal Sunshine trailer online, it is on the new R1 Swimming Pool DVD that just streeted yesterday.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

This looks like it could be intresting. Its an issue alot of people will think differently about. Given the chance you can erase bad memories from ur mind. But then things have a chance of getting boring and weird. A double edged sword so to speak.

Do you know my poetry?
The trailer is just awesome, I've probably seen the trailer about 50 times already. I love Charlie Kaufman's screenplay's, I can't wait for this movie.

Hi
Yeah I love the trailer too, the music is perfect for it.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Yay! A new trailer is up!

Check this out.

I read the script online. Loved it. Won't love it as much as I loved Adaptation, but I can't wait.

Hi
hmph, I always like the teaser trailers better nowadays..

The new trailer is great. I just can't wait for this film. Does anyone know if it's opening nationwide in March or just in America? I had to wait months to see Adaptation and it was only in the cinemas here for about two weeks.

I just love the use of the ELO song (Mr Blue Sky), it's perfect - I just hope it gets used in the film too.

Don't tell Robin I'm here!!
Ahhhhhh, people who speak about themselves in third person amuse me ever so much! I like to have at least one hearty laugh a day, and people like that are always guaranteed to supply it. I'm anticipating this film a lot, and I think this may finally be the movie where Jim Carrey breaks through and becomes known as an all-around great actor, not just a great comedic actor. Charlie Kaufman usually delivers, and I know more about Michael Gondry's music videos than I do of his work in films, but I'm easily giving this one the benefit of the doubt. Not a big Winslet fan, but whatever. The rest of the cast and the guys behind the cameras more then make up for it. Movies like this don't come along all that often, so if you're even just a little bit curious about it, I suggest you go check it out.

Hey all....new to all this so...hi! Agree that new Jim Carrey trailer looks really good but DESPERATE to know what the music is in the trailer. It is amazing and have to have to HAVE TO get hold of it....can anyone help!!

ta..

Originally Posted by mediawhore
Hey all....new to all this so...hi! Agree that new Jim Carrey trailer looks really good but DESPERATE to know what the music is in the trailer. It is amazing and have to have to HAVE TO get hold of it....can anyone help!!

ta..
here's a hint.... someone already mentioned this in this very thread above. I love Kaufman movies, I can't wait.

A novel adaptation.
I'm anticipating this, sure, but I don't know about Michael Gondry's involvement with it.
Human Nature, or the style in which it was done, seemed a bit exaggerated for Kaufman's already exaggerated stories. I'll be looking to see Sunshine done a tad more subtly.

Silver, I don't know whay but the blue hair kind of turns me on