Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Clue (1985) A really good movie, better than I expected. I LOVE movies of mysteries like this, then I have to look up that one movie that was pretty old and like this but it had a chinese old man and a snake. I didn't understand if the final end was the true one or if it's just a refference of the table game where it can be anyone.

Master of My Domain
Before Sunrise (1995)

Thoughts posted in HoF thread.

+

Road House (1989)

This is one of my mom's favorite movies. Finally got around to watching it. If 80's was an actual genre, this would be a perfect fit. It's a movie that has many of those fun 80's elements; cheesy dialogue, over-the-top violence, and a rockin soundtrack! Very good, and I can definitely see why my mom loves it so much lol.

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
Inside Out
dir. Pete Docter & Ronaldo Del Carmen

The films biggest problem is that it has way too many story lines and as a result none of them are properly developed. It definitely could have been an emotionally effective film if most of the run time wasn't dedicated to the generic children's adventure plot that was completely by-the-numbers. On the plus side, the score is really nice but that's one of the few positives I could really take away from Inside Out. Here's hoping "The Good Dinosaur" is a stronger film for Pixar but after hearing about all the production issues, I'm not expecting much.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986)

When I heard Michael Rooker played a serial killer in a movie I had to see it(Being a big fan of his), and Netflix provided it like *snaps fingers* that . I gotta say, this movie is pretty disturbing, but I liked it. The tone was great in it. This is a bit more gory and adult themed than a lot of serial killer movies I've seen(Aside from Silence of the Lambs lol) and there's a few weird ass moments that may make you uncomfortable if you know what's going on but Henry's descent throughout was interesting to watch. I always like getting to the core of serial killers in movies and seeing what made them become what they are. (One of the reasons Dexter is in my top 5 favorite tv shows I loved that show), and if you are looking for Serial Killer movies this is one to watch.
I saw that when i was 10 with my big brother on video after hearing great reviews in magazines even Fangoria and i thought it was one of the most horrifying movies i've seen, even my mom thought it was good but a bit shocking for her.

I watched "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" for the first time, and the praise it gets is completely deserved, everything about it I loved, and is in my top ten easily, this is the first Sergio Leone film I've seen, and I am kicking myself for not seeing this film sooner, the characters were great, the dialogue was great, if I could describe the movie in one word it would be "great".

I'd give this movie a 9/10, and I look forward to seeing more Leone films.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Smiles of a Summer Night
3/5

I guess I'm just not a igmar fan.. I've seen 3 of his films now and I like them but I don't see what others see. I'm not sure why this is on time magazines top 100 films of all time.

Hunger (1966)
This film describes like no other movie a feeling of desperation, hunger and life's meaninglessness. Simply a great piece of art, with beautiful black and white photography... I would recommend this film!

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

My wife and I watched "Running All Night" last night with Liam Neeson. It was a great movie. It is by far Neeson's best. One of those action packed from beginning to end.

The Terminator (1984) - 8/10
I've seen this before but I want to watch the entire series before the new one comes out. It was fun even on the second watch... haven't seen the rest yet

The Passion of Anna (1969)

I thought this was a pretty powerful film, and unlike many others from director Bergman, it's power starts early. I loved the look and the sound of this movie, and the performances are outstanding. One strange thing-the film is intercut with quick interviews of cast members. I don't like this technique in theory, but it worked just fine. This movie, Shame, and The Virgin Spring ended up being my favorite Bergman films of the 60's.

How To Train Your Dragon - 8/10

Really loved this. This was the highest film I'd yet to see on the Animated list, if I'd seen it back then it would have made mine. Toothless is such a great character. Loved the training and bonding scenes between him and Hiccup, it was a nice touch having Hiccup use all he had learned from Toothless to subdue the other dragons. Also the flying and battle scene with the queen dragon were phenomenal, nice ending too. My only problems were that I felt the human characters were a bit underdeveloped, wasn't really a fan of the adult viking voice acting either. Other than that great movie. DreamWorks best IMO.

Looking forward to the sequel.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I watched "Zero Theorem" and "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind".

These two could probably not be more different. While ZT didn't deliver a great story, it was visually and emotionally great.

CoaDM features one of my favorite actors and an intriguing story. I was disappointed with how boring and stiff it was.

What's interesting is to see how a site like RT rates these two. Basically, if you don't like Gilliam's work, don't bother with ZT. CoaDM was reviewed like twice the movie I saw.

RT will say CoaDM is the better movie. At least ZT was entertaining despite its flaws.

Secret Window (2004)

A troubled horror writer in the middle of a divorce gets a visit from a creepy hick, who claims that he stole one of his stories. Things go downhill from there. I thought this had an outstanding cast for a horror movie with Johnny Depp, John Turturro, Maria Bello, Timothy Hutton, and Charles Dutton, and I enjoyed all of the performances. This movie kept me guessing until it's fantastic conclusion.

Hell Yeah same rating!! Glad you like it, one of my favorite Depp performance