Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

What's wrong? Not kinky enough?
That has nothing to do with my rating... so why even bring it up. There are plenty of films that I watch that are not kinky or sexual in any way.

Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

Just been on TV.
Erm, yeah, not exactly sure why this got 3/5 on IMDb or even 2/5 on RT. Roger Ebert rating it 4/5 too.

Bad acting, not sure what Hoffman and Portman were thinking signing onto this.
Boring, lacking any sort of "magic" that it was apparently filled with and a convoluted script.

Good for ages 0-3.

Welcome to the human race...
Mad Max: Fury Road -

In hindsight, I regret not trying to break my "movie that I've seen in cinemas the most" record with this movie.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You are not funny either
Pretty funny for me.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I have to return some videotapes.

Ted 2

Not as bad as what I was thinking. Had some great moments and was funny throughout the whole 1st half of the movie. 2nd half spiraled down as they tried to make it serious again like the end of the 1st but I thought it was dumb. Definitely not deserving of the bad RT grade.

-

If I stay 4/10. Too many underwhelming and unmemorable family and romantic cliches. Felt like fast forwarding all the way through.

Finished here. It's been fun.

My Little Loves
+

Those years when the youthful innocence begins to fade, never to return. The tactics used to entertain in days of old no longer apply, as friends slowly drift away. The world though odd seems to make more sense, even if only in small doses. The young kid goes from being a child, finally transitioning into a young man.

This is a magnificent coming-of-age film, stripping away rose-tinted nostalgia and melodrama. Eustache paints a heartfelt portrayal of youth that feels sincere, genuine, and empathetic.

Mallrats (1995)

A fun and nostalgic film by Kevin Smith about two friends hanging out at a mall after both their girlfriends dumped them. While it is very funny, throughout the film a handful of jokes kinda felt dated. It's just that in this day and age, they were jokes and gags that have been repeated a thousand times over the years, though I'm aware that they were very fresh at the time this movie came out, so I kind of gave it a break; yet it's also weird since the first Clerks, which came out a year before didn't really feel dated when I recently watched it.

Also just found out that a sequel is being made to this movie, both a Mallrats 2 and Clerks 3 coming out is pretty cool!

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
The Dirty Dozen (1967)

The movie that inspired Tarantino's Basterds.
With the exception of the last 30 minutes which I think it dragged a bit, it's an amazing film! Outstanding cast, witty dialogue, great action scenes, a lot of suspense and loads of fun!
One of the best war movies of the 60's and a probable addition to my list.

+

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on Netflix: 8/10 nice movie! i saw this in theaters and enjoyed it, a fun dark comedy from Terry Gilliam that is a nice adaptation of the book. Johnny Depp is fantastic as Raoul Duke and Bencino Del Toro as Dr. Gonzo, nice cast.

Con Air: 9/10 one of my fave action movies and looks great on Blu-ray! i saw this 4 times in theaters at 15 and been a fave of mine since.

1408 (2007)

John Cusack plays an author who checks out supposedly haunted places, and then writes horror stories about them. He's a nonbeliever in ghosts and supernatural happenings and such, when he goes to a New York City hotel to stay in a room where a lot of bad things have happened. The hotel manager, played by Sam Jackson, warns him that it's going to hit the fan, and it does. The movie starts out pretty well being effectively creepy, but I thought it wore out it's welcome about half way through. It's based on a Stephen King short story, and I feel that this would've made a better short film or Tales From the Crypt episode. It was ok.*

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986)

When I heard Michael Rooker played a serial killer in a movie I had to see it(Being a big fan of his), and Netflix provided it like *snaps fingers* that . I gotta say, this movie is pretty disturbing, but I liked it. The tone was great in it. This is a bit more gory and adult themed than a lot of serial killer movies I've seen(Aside from Silence of the Lambs lol) and there's a few weird ass moments that may make you uncomfortable if you know what's going on but Henry's descent throughout was interesting to watch. I always like getting to the core of serial killers in movies and seeing what made them become what they are. (One of the reasons Dexter is in my top 5 favorite tv shows I loved that show), and if you are looking for Serial Killer movies this is one to watch.

1408 (2007)

John Cusack plays an author who checks out supposedly haunted places, and then writes horror stories about them. He's a nonbeliever in ghosts and supernatural happenings and such, when he goes to a New York City hotel to stay in a room where a lot of bad things have happened. The hotel manager, played by Sam Jackson, warns him that it's going to hit the fan, and it does. The movie starts out pretty well being effectively creepy, but I thought it wore out it's welcome about half way through. It's based on a Stephen King short story, and I feel that this would've made a better short film or Tales From the Crypt episode. It was ok.*

only that for 1408 ? wow I'm suprised I totally dig it

Magic (1978)
8/10 Anthony Hopkins is great in this movie. I have a weird obsession with evil dolls.

I saw that on video when me and my family first arrived in our new house in St Louis when i was 4 years old 29 years ago and one of the first movies my family rented and it scared me ********, that movie and Making Contact aka Joey (remember that one as well with the evil dummy with the monicle?) both made me scared of dummies as a kid until i was 11 when i conquered my fear of them but the dummies in Making Contact aka Joey and Magic still give me the creeps.