Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes.
Regarding war films, have you seen Full Metal Jacket? If you haven't then I highhhlllyyy recommend it.
I have not. I need to watch more of Kubrick, going to see 2001 on Sunday on the big screen

I have not. I need to watch more of Kubrick, going to see 2001 on Sunday on the big screen
Nice! And try to catch Full Metal Jacket when you can, it's my favorite war movie, and hopefully you'll like it too!

Nice! And try to catch Full Metal Jacket when you can, it's my favorite war movie, and hopefully you'll like it too!
Will do, maybe it'll be different for me because I heard that half the film isn't even about them being in combat.

Will do, maybe it'll be different for me because I heard that half the film isn't even about them being in combat.
But those are great scenes. Pretty much what I experienced in Basic Training at Fort Benning GA. Minus the DS striking the recruits. That will get you in major trouble.

Yup, many people say it's a film of two halves, the first half being viewed as a masterpiece, while the second half is regarded as inferior. I however love every minute of it.

Desperado (1995)

strength of Desperado's in guns and guitars, beckoning starpower of Banderas & Salma Hayek and her.. well everything about her , & capturing a feeling of Mexico. There's parts where the narrative has more potential, yet the former are the sort of facets that boost a film, especially when capturing a culture that appeals to me with intensity & spectacle

Rating:
8.0 / 10

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

That guitar doe...the film gets two popcorns just from the guitar alone even though it made no sense to have it at all.

Action sequences were crazy good. I liked Hardy as Max. Theron was good and you could tell it was her movie but Hardy was the highlight for me. Not a big fan of Hoult though so his character was meh to me. Max spoke in like 3 word sentences the entire time but I was entertained by him throughout the entire film nevertheless. A great action film.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Black Hawk Down

Another war movie let-down for me. It just further proves my point that I just can't get into war movies at all. I do understand this one is still pretty well made but I will honestly never watch this again unless I was with a friend/commentary.

+
My personal favorite war movie is The Thin Red Line. I highly recommend it. Check it out sometime if you can. Not sure if Paths of Glory counts as a war film or a drama, but that's also a great classic.
Fire walk with me.

Gone Girl (2014)

Saw this finally and it was worth the wait. Anyone who's even seen the trailer gets an idea what the main thrust of the movie is, but there are twists and turns that I didn't see coming. I'm not the biggest Ben Affleck fan but he did a fine job in this. But no doubt, this is Rosamund Pike's movie. I've loved her since I first saw her years ago in a James Bond movie and have been following her career since. She deserved her nomination for Best Actress for this movie. Also making great impressions in this movie are Carrie Coon as Affleck's faithful sister, Kim Dickens as the lead investigator on Pike's missing persons case, and Tyler Perry as Affleck's lawyer. This is the first time I've watched Perry outside his "Madea" movies and I must say, he did a fine job. Overall, a compelling movie where you don't know what's going to happen even if you think you do. Kudos to David Fincher for his taut, tense directing here.

The Departure (1967) by Jerzy Skolimowski.
This is an interesting little film! It's unfortunately pretty forgotten today, but definitely worth finding. Really amazing movie, highly recommended!

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

The Lonely Wife (1964)

A housewife in Calcutta is lonely because her husband works a lot. The husband notices this, so he has his cousin come to keep her company and help her with her writing. The wife begins to have feelings for the cousin. This is not some erotic thriller with adultery as a central theme. I think the viewer is supposed to feel for the wife, but I just didn't. I had a friend from Calcutta when I was young, and from what I understand, it is, or was, a poverty stricken city. This housewife lives very comfortably, has a husband who provides for her, loves her, and treats her well. I had no sympathy for her whatsoever under her circumstances. If she's lonely, she can get a dog. As far as I was concerned, she was fortunate. I didn't feel anything until the husband caught wind as to what was going on, but by then there was under a half hour left. It was an interesting movie with excellent direction and acting, but as far as me feeling anything, it came too late for me to consider this anything more than a little above average. I strongly prefer The Big City from director Ray.

Master of My Domain
Sex, Lies and Videotape (1989)

A movie that thinks it's doing something brilliant, but on the inside is as interesting and poignant as a box of staplers.

+

I just saw Die Hard 3 last night too on blu-ray! 10/10 for me for being the best sequel in the franchise and i saw it 4 times in theaters when i was 13 and loved it.

Whiplash (2014) - Damien Chazelle

- This is one fabulous piece of cinema and by far the best movie of 2014. Performance are truly admirable, Score and soundtracks are awesome, Storyline rock and directing is marvelous. A perfect movie about music, courage and effort. I love it.

Whiplash (2014) - Damien Chazelle

- This is one fabulous piece of cinema and by far the best movie of 2014. Performance are truly admirable, Score and soundtracks are awesome, Storyline rock and directing is marvelous. A perfect movie about music, courage and effort. I love it.