Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Jurassic World

Better than the other Jurassic Park sequels, but not even in the same ball-park as the original.
The visuals were there, but the writing was really weak and all of the characters were pretty unlikable other than maybe Chris Pratt. The child actors were god awful.
There were parts of the film so bad that I laughed, so I still think I got my money's worth. Definitely don't watch it in 3D though.
2 outta 5

Sense8 2015

Sense8 is full of Wachowski themes we've seen before and episode structure is so different and seemingly disjointed (at least at first) that it might put people off. But it has so much to offer. Crossing all lines of personality, gender, sexuaily and enthinicity. Reminding us all how similar and connected we all are. I absolutely loved it.

A Walk Among the Tombstones (2014)

Excellent action/drama as Neeson's private detective character, Matt Scudder, is hired to find the men who killed a drug dealers wife and gave her back to him in little pieces. Neeson is great as usual, and there is a neat side story with Brian "Astro" Bradley as T.J., a young teen that wants to be a detective like Scudder. Their friendship helps greatly during the non-suspense or action parts. But it's all good.

The Little Death (2014)
Funny and dramatic, with a different story. Good film,
I would recommend this...

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

I have to return some videotapes.

Apocalypse Now -
+

I am not a huge war-movie buff like a lot of people on this forum (I can obviously tell with the lists), but this one was very very well done. It gave me the creeps as it was deep and it made you wonder if you would make the same choices. Although I did give it a high rating, this isn't a movie I feel like could be comparable to my top movies because I would not have the strong URGE to rewatch it and that's nothing against the film itself, but it's against the genre. Highly recommended.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: 8/10 - Good movie, but it's mostly just the three heroes traveling, so don't really expect a lot of magic battles to happen.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: 10/10 - Fantastic ending to the series! I'd say it's the second best, behind Prisoner of Azkaban.

In fact, this is how I'd rank them:
1. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Deathly Hallows Part 2
3. Half-Blood Prince
4. Order of the Phoenix
5. Sorcerer's Stone
6. Deathly Hallows Part 1
7. Chamber of Secrets
8. Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: 8/10 - Good movie, but it's mostly just the three heroes traveling, so don't really expect a lot of magic battles to happen.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: 10/10 - Fantastic ending to the series! I'd say it's the second best, behind Prisoner of Azkaban.

In fact, this is how I'd rank them:
1. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Deathly Hallows Part 2
3. Half-Blood Prince
4. Order of the Phoenix
5. Sorcerer's Stone
6. Deathly Hallows Part 1
7. Chamber of Secrets
8. Goblet of Fire
For me... it'd probably be.

Deathly Hallows Pt. 2
Sorcerer's Stone (just because it's the first)
Order of the Phoenix
Half-Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows Pt. 1
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Chamber of Secrets

Jurassic City (2014)

We seriously need more good dinosaur movies asap. I need to quench my thrist for dinosaurs that JW brought back up and the premise of this movie was actually sort of interesting but low budget movies are rarely ever good so I wasn't surprised this was a huge piece of crap. Even though JW's writing was weak it at least had good special effects and was a fun movie, this was just a frustrating mess that you could tell was made for the SyFy channel. The poster actually had a good dinosaur on it but the ones in the movie look so bad (see picture above). Funny thing is the ending set up a sequel so obviously but idk why you'd make a sequel to a piece of garbage like this.

Watched the 1955 French film titled Diabolique a few days ago and was really blown away! I was surprised at how intense and thrilling it was, I could hardly take my eyes off of the screen. Great camerawork and acting, and a wonderful twist ending. Loved the atmosphere and mood that it created, and the supernatural elements only added to my enjoyment. Psycho is of course a classic, but I found Diabolique to be much more entertaining and tense.

Fire walk with me.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Loved One - 3/10

Someone I know said this was his favorite film, and someone else said how great it was. I was really let down. I didn't find any humor in this at all. It's not even close to satire, it's mockery and parody.

I've concluded never to watch anything that's under the category of "Comedy" unless it's by a director I love, special circumstances. The most funniest movies I saw weren't considered dramas at all... Plus if I want great satire, I'll watch standup.

The Loved One - 3/10

Someone I know said this was his favorite film, and someone else said how great it was. I was really let down. I didn't find any humor in this at all. It's not even close to satire, it's mockery and parody.

I've concluded never to watch anything that's under the category of "Comedy" unless it's by a director I love, special circumstances. The most funniest movies I saw weren't considered dramas at all... Plus if I want great satire, I'll watch standup.
Oh, you just didn't like it because Liberace was in it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
... as a casket salesman! The poster was right about it being offensive. It's in my daughter's Top 10.

Black Hawk Down

Another war movie let-down for me. It just further proves my point that I just can't get into war movies at all. I do understand this one is still pretty well made but I will honestly never watch this again unless I was with a friend/commentary.

+

American Hustle

A huge disappointment on 2nd watch. It was a complete snooze-fest but the ending was definitely a great one. I still have lots of respect for David O. Russell, and I don't think he will disappoint me this much again.

The Town

Ben Affleck's best film, for me. Very well done, and you got to see Jeremy Renner giving the best performance of his career to date. Blake Lively and Rebecca Hall are very nice supporting actresses, and Lively definitely looked like she stepped out of her comfort zone for this. It is in my 25-30 range.

+

Black Hawk Down

Another war movie let-down for me. It just further proves my point that I just can't get into war movies at all. I do understand this one is still pretty well made but I will honestly never watch this again unless I was with a friend/commentary.

+
Aw man, I love this movie lol. Awesome review on The Town though, and I know what you mean about American Hustle, though pretty good it is pretty slow and uneventful in most parts.

Regarding war films, have you seen Full Metal Jacket? If you haven't then I highhhlllyyy recommend it.