Chasing Liberty

Tools    

So what's everyone take on this weekend.

I believe Chasing Liberty is the only film to be released at least moderately wide.

I know Mandy Moore can break 10 mil, but is 15 possible?

Just read that Big Fish will open wide as well. So who's going to be the winner? Mandy Moore or Tim Burton? I've got five on Ms. Moore.

??
a walk to remember was a wide release

anyways i think the movie looks halfway decent....and will be dragged to it by my fiance i'm sure

Originally Posted by theshape82
??
a walk to remember was a wide release

anyways i think the movie looks halfway decent....and will be dragged to it by my fiance i'm sure
I never said anything about A Walk to Remember. The whole "moderately wide" is in reference to films being released this weekend.

Yeah, I think I'm taking my sister.

Originally Posted by jrs
as well as Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
of course.

I wouldn't count my bet on Chasing Liberty as much as you think. It is directed at a teenage or female audience, and in teenage circles (all sorts of circles, some are round, some run in a straight line, some stray a bit) i haven't heard alot of talk about Chasing Liberty, although it is being advertised quite heavily on TV (so much so it's one very frickin 10 minutes). alot more people it seems are looking forward to Big Fish, which in the long run, although Chasing Liberty seems cute and a fresh breath of air that can provide a more cleaner image with mandy moore to a younger audience, we're talking about Tim Burton here even though he's made a few mistakes, his films are known to draw attention for they're unique signiture and flavor. (personally i am looking quite forward to it)

in the end i think it will be ROTK, Big Fish or Chasing Liberty in the top three, and I a placing my bets that if somehting tops ROTk, it will be Big Fish, with Chasing Liberty in either third or second, or they both end up having the poweress to pass 'rings'

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
in the end i think it will be ROTK, Big Fish or Chasing Liberty in the top three, and I a placing my bets that if somehting tops ROTk, it will be Big Fish, with Chasing Liberty in either third or second, or they both end up having the poweress to pass 'rings'
I don't think Either of the two new ones will be able to Pass Return of the King. It should be a pretty mellow week, but with Return of the KIng at about 18, and the Big Fish and Chasing Liberty battling it out for place number 2 with about 12 each.

yeah a big of a long shot that anything this week can pass 'Rings'- go hobbits!

OK, so it was first reported that 'Big Fish' had topped 'Rings', with 'Fish' claiming $14.5 Million, while the people at New Line who stated 'Rings' number as $14.1 million said that Columbia's number for 'Fish' was to high, so after a whole bunch of exchanges were held between studios, 'Rings' was again on top at the box office. You can read more about this here