Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Blade Runner 8/10
It was a rewatch but it was almost like I was watching it for the first time because I didn't remember much of it. Solid sci-fi

The Face of Another 7/10
I don't think I've seen a Japanese film before... it was quite interesting, I liked the cinematography

Care for some gopher?
Sherlock Jr. (USA, 1924, Buster Keaton/Fatty Arbuckle) -
+

Maybe i shouldn't have started my Buster Keaton catch-up with The General. Sherlock Jr. is in every way not nearly as good. But that doesn't mean i didn't enjoy the movie. It made me laugh several times and it has some great sequences and stunts.

Sherlock Jr. (USA, 1924, Buster Keaton/Fatty Arbuckle) -
+

Maybe i shouldn't have started my Buster Keaton catch-up with The General. Sherlock Jr. is in every way not nearly as good. But that doesn't mean i didn't enjoy the movie. It made me laugh several times and it has some great sequences and stunts.
I watched those in the same order and still found Sherlock Jr. to be great! Maybe not as well-rounded or perfectly constructed, but still one of Keaton's best for me!

Care for some gopher?
Men in Black 3 (USA, 2012, Barry Sonnenfeld) -

The third entry in the MiB saga is much better than the crappy second one, though not as good and fun as the first movie. The script has improved from Men in Black II but it's lacking the charme that made the first one so much fun. And while i liked the ending, the villain was pretty bad. Overall, it's watchable but forgettable and unnecessary.

Goodfellas (1990)

Liked this more than the Godfather. Loved Pesci he was fantastic in this movie, as was Liotta and DeNiro but Pesci shined. The only con about this movie for me was at times I seriously was gonna fall asleep. The acting is good and the story is pretty steady and great but the movie is pretty lengthy. There were many fantastic scenes then there was ones I could care less about. Still good despite everything I just mentioned. The opening scene was one of my favorite parts and set the tone of the movie very well.

The 13th Warrior (1999)

Finally got around to re-watching, my first viewing was around 12 to 13 years ago. I liked it the first time but I went in this time with low expectations since I was just a kid then.

Surprisingly, I still liked it, the story is very good but it seemed to only live up to half its potential. Its flaws are a lot more noticeable this time around, it's a pretty short movie so I wasn't bored watching it, but everything moved a little too quickly. Both the characters and events never have time to develop. Some characters literally come and go in a flash and the big climatic final battle only lasted like 2 minutes.

Despite those major flaws, the movie is entertaining and the second part is filled with almost nonstop action and adventure that made it enjoyable to watch.

A fun film, but not a great one. It appealed to me since I am a fan of Viking-themed stuff, so it gets an extra .5 in its rating.

End Of Watch (2012) - David Ayer

- Wow! one of the best movie I've seen recently and truly captivate me. Performance by the two lead actors are astounding and the storyline is realistic and very well done. The first time since The Green Mile that I've cry at the end of a movie. I love it.

A Town Called Panic
(2009, Belgium)
Directed by Stéphane Aubier and Vincent Patar
Mofo Watch List - Week 1, Film 3
Recommended by JiraffeJustiin

6.75/10

My thoughts on the film
http://www.movieforums.com/community...40#post1324240

I have to return some videotapes.

Shutter Island -

Very much enjoyed this on the second watch. I felt the same amount of tension and the twist was great. Only thing I probably can gripe about it, is that I'd rather see someone else in the role of Teddy Daniels (Leo's role). I heard it on some other forum and agree that Christian Bale could have played Teddy while Leo plays the partner. Great movie, Scorsese does it again.

Her

Samantha's voice was nice............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Inherent Vice (2014)

I feel like I'm rating this too high even. I think this is a giant misstep for PTA. I thought with the exception of Phoenix, most of the cast was mediocre, I hated the narration, and it's lifeless and overlong. Painful to watch.

Edward Scissorhands (1990)

I never watched this before because I'm not a fan of fantasy, and by extension, Tim Burton. I'm surprised to say I loved it, especially before it turned darker at the end. It's a very endearing movie.

WHAT?!

Inherent Vice (2014)
Damn.

Originally Posted by cricket
Edward Scissorhands (1990)
Whew. So glad you loved it. People around here seem to point to Ed Wood as Burton's best, but to me there's a certain magic in Edward Scissorhands that the other movie just doesn't have.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Inherent Vice (2014)

Thank goodness someone else felt this way about Inherent Vice. I've been amazed by how much positivity there's been on here about it. I found it to be a pretty excruciating watch. I felt it was just so meandering and self-indulgent, even by PTA's standards. Just based on quality I never really rate anything below a
for some reason. To get below that I have to have really hated the film and been close to giving up on it. This was one of those films