Pierrot le Fou

→ in
Tools    

I just saw Godards "Pierrot le Fou" for the first time today, and I've got to admit that I was taken by it. Unlike some of Godards other films, where his avant garde experimentations can sometimes cross the boundary, and travel into an annoying territory; or any plot becomes secondary to his intentions of dropping communistic messages on the viewers... this film seems to get everything that he was trying to express right.

Sure, this film had it's usual Godardian experimentations, and political monologues, but they come across as amusing, and sometimes beautiful.

A wonderful mixture of great composition, photography and musical score, makes this a four star film in my books. Maybe It caught me in an unusually good mood, or maybe I have just decided to loosen my Iron Fisted, sometimes too strong reviewing grip in this new year.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I've seen a lot of Godard's movies, but I would have to drive up to Seattle to rent a copy at Scarecrow Video.

I'll do that once the weather clears up, we are getting are ass kicked up here.

I reviewed Godard's Weekend on this forum and only got one response.

Seems like the masses would rather talk about what Matrix or Scary Movie is the best than watch something innovative or Foreign.

I liked your review by the way, I responded to let you know your not talking to a brickwall.

Originally Posted by Loner
Seems like the masses would rather talk about what Matrix or Scary Movie is the best than watch something innovative or Foreign.
That is indeed true. Though one must never give up hope.

Originally Posted by Loner
I liked your review by the way, I responded to let you know your not talking to a brickwall.
Thank you, for a moment I was thinking the same thing as Joe Pesci in Goodfella's... "What am I, a ****ing mirage?".

I didn't comment, because I've never seen either of your films.

I remember your post Loner, you mentioned that it was a disturbing movie with a lot of slaughter and little else. I had never seen it or thought that your post was even a review, but rather just a "you guys should see this" type of post. Linespalsey answered it, I remember that much.

Nice review Travis, keep them coming please. I'd like to read more from both of you.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I didn't comment, because I've never seen either of your films.

I remember your post Loner, you mentioned that it was a disturbing movie with a lot of slaughter and little else. I had never seen it or thought that your post was even a review, but rather just a "you guys should see this" type of post. Linespalsey answered it, I remember that much.
I would have liked to give it a better review but couldn't for three reasons.

1: My writing sucks.

2: It would be like trying to explain Eraserhead.

3: It was more or less a "you guys should see this" post.

Nice review Travis, keep them coming please. I'd like to read more from both of you.
Thanks