Please help me find this movie! - Insane asylum

Tools    

"Conscience is a nuisance. A fly. A barking dog."
Hello everyone!
I'm trying to find a movie I watched on TV ten years or so ago. If I'm not mistaken it was a movie about a man that winds up in an insane asylum and can't get out, and I think you never really know how he got there. I can't remeber much but I think he had some kind of a relation with a girl. I also remember one or more uncomfortable scenes in the asylum shower room, but I can't really remember what went on in there. I remember it was a very bleak and crude atmosphere and I believe it ended pretty bad. I know this isn't much to go with but I hope someone can help. Thanks!

And I forgot to say; the movie looked like it was from the late 90's, early 00's, but with a very cold and dirty cinematography

No, it's not One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, I'm sure it's much more recent, and it seemed very underground. It was no big production and I'm sure it didn't starred no well known actors, at least at the time. But thank you for trying to help!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
What you describe sounds like Shock Corridor, but since it's too old and in B&W, maybe it's its remake, Asylum.

No, I'm certain it wasn't Shock Corridor and I don't think it was the remake either because I just went through the movie and it didn't look familiar at all, the colors in the movie I remember were much less bright than in that one. Maybe it was even filmed on video because I remember the image quality was much dirtier than I was used to in other films. But thank you for trying to help!

A system of cells interlinked
I presume it isn't Shutter Island?

Sorry guys, but it's neither The Jacket or Shutter Island, I've seen both of them and know them well. It seemed much more underground than both of those. But than you for trying to help!

Nope, that's also not it. Thank you anyway Anybody who can, please keep on trying

It's none of the above, I am sure of that But the cinematography is pretty similar to the one of Manic. Thank you for trying to help everyone!