Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

A Child Is Waiting (1963)

Rocco and His Brothers (1960)

Too Late Blues (1961)
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Inception

With a running time of nearly two and a half hours this movie never seemed overlong. I knew nothing about it going in so had no expectations. Certainly demands a re-watch.

4/5

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Vivre sa vie (1962)

It's a 12 chapter movie, in which 3 of them are absolutely brilliant. The rest are good but a little hard to digest.
I love the way it is shot, I love Anna Karina on this and I really like the soundtrack.
It's only my 5th Godard, and it's probably my 2nd or 3rd favourite, behind Pierrot le Fou and tied with Breathless.

Master of My Domain

La Dolce Vita (1960)

AN ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE!!

What did you like about La Dolce Vita?

Unregistered User
To be honest, I found it near flawless. I loved the 'coolness' of it all, yet it has such a wonderfully dark side to it. I loved the scenery, especially Trevi fountain. I loved Mastroianni's performance, so much so that I'd rank it with one of the best I've seen. He just made it so easy to identify with his character and what he is going through. I loved the cars, the parties, the fShion, the relationships, the clothes. I loved the masterful, uncertain ending of the film and last but not least, I loved Anita Ekberg.

You can call me a fan.

Master of My Domain
I loved Mastroianni's performance, so much so that I'd rank it with one of the best I've seen.
I especially agree with this. Mastroianni is a Top 10 actor for me and his performance in the film is my favorite, and the main reason why I got to love him.

Once again glad you liked it.

28/30 Kurosawa movies down. Two to go. Only The Idiot and Derzu Uzala left.
Are you going to do a general ranking of his work after you've finished?

Impressive achievement, by the way!

@the samoan lawyer:

Glad you loved it! It's also one of my favorites.

I'm with you, samoan. It's my favorite Fellini. Though I've only seen three.

I think La Dolce Vita doesn't quite reach the same heights as 8 1/2, but it's a great movie nonetheless. So far everything I've seen by Fellini has been gold.

Master of My Domain
I think La Dolce Vita doesn't quite reach the same heights as 8 1/2, but it's a great movie nonetheless. So far everything I've seen by Fellini has been gold.
True but I think comparing the two is a bit of a stretch, because they're very different.

They are, but they're both seen as the director's masterpieces, with people usually preferring one over the other. So while they're both great, I think with 8 1/2 he nailed it.

Master of My Domain
You can't compare the two because LA Dolce Vita is good whereas 8 1/2 is not.
Nope. 8 1/2 > La Dolce Vita, and both are brilliant.

Can't agree more...Fellini has been my most favorite filmmaker for the last 10 years or so, recently that spot has gone to Kurosawa though...

You can't compare the two because LA Dolce Vita is good whereas 8 1/2 is not.
That's only because you prefer narrative over surrealism.