Close Encounters of the Third Kind - 38" Alien statue (?)

Tools    

Hey All!
I'm new this this forum, but I was hoping to get some help trying to track some more information down on this SWEET fiberglass alien statue thing I picked up from an antique dealer (see attached image). He's roughly 38" tall and thats pretty much all the information I can give you... The guy I bought him from said he was used in a movie promotion and when I did a little more research on my own all that I've come up with is two similar looking statues for sale on eBay saying they were used in relation to Close Encounter. Any help trying to find out a bit more would be super super super appreciated!'

Thanks!!
Jess
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	11301604_10206781184033122_1008868818_n.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	21567  

The two types of Alien in Close Encounters, one was much more slender and the other was smaller and fatter, and both had much smaller eyes.

That one looks more like the alien design used in Communion (1989).

The two types of Alien in Close Encounters, one was much more slender and the other was smaller and fatter, and both had much smaller eyes.

That one looks more like the alien design used in Communion (1989).
Thanks a bunch for the help! I'm just working off of what I've found online so far. Any clue how I can find out any more on this guy? Theres a seller on eBay with a similar one and I'm at a total stand still haha if you search "Alien - Fiberglass - "Close Encounters of the Thrid Kind" - 40" Tall" on eBay thats the only other thing I can find

I've checked over ebay, and that exact same one is listed as simply "Alien Martian" as well.

It's possibly just a generic mass produced sculpture. If it's from a movie promotion, it's doubtful to be Close Encounters as they were so different.
This is the other type of Close Encounters alien

A system of cells interlinked

Hi Jess, we have a member here called gbgoodies who deals in comic book stuff and figurines etc. She might be able to tell you more. I'll give her a nudge for you in case she doesn't notice your thread.

Yeah I know. The reveal in Close Encounters I always find a bit of a let down. They look like someone has stamped on their heads.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
That's definitely not a CE3K alien. The eyes and hands are wrong for the CE3K aliens.
It looks like a generic Roswell alien, possibly the "Alien Butler".

Give me a few minutes to research it.