The MoFo Desktop Thread

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I run my home machine with almost no icons, either. The desk I posted is from my office.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I hate Metro. I just want my old Start Menu back.
I use Start8. Mapped it so left Windows key opens the start menu and right goes to Metro where I keep a few shortcuts. Best of both worlds.

If you don't want to pay for Start8, Classic Shell is just as good but not quite as polished.

Start8

Classic Shell

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I use Start8. Mapped it so left Windows key opens the start menu and right goes to Metro where I keep a few shortcuts. Best of both worlds.

If you don't want to pay for Start8, Classic Shell is just as good but not quite as polished.

Start8

Classic Shell

I was using something called Classic Start with Windows 8.0, but it stopped working when I upgraded to Windows 8.1, (against my better judgement).

Do you know if Classic Shell works with Windows 8.1? (The link you posted claims that it does, but so does the link for Classic Start, but that one doesn't work properly with Windows 8.1.)

I am using my phone to post on here and so I have the mobile verson. Is there anyway to switch to the desktop view or am I stuck?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I am using my phone to post on here and so I have the mobile verson. Is there anyway to switch to the desktop view or am I stuck?

I think Yoda (the site admin) can do it for you. You can PM him and ask him about it.

Sounds good thanks!

I hate Metro. I just want my old Start Menu back.
Just go on the Windows app screen and click desktop. It will take you there and it has your familiar start menu and everything else. You can switch to the app screen anytime you wish.

Promo Picture for Season 3 of Hannibal

Why would I not want Mads Mikkelsen on my background?.. I can see him everyday!

Here is mine. It's just a temporary one though. Before this it was a photo of me and my girlfriend but she is on a month long expedition at the moment and I miss her so photos don't always help. :')

Thanks bud!

It's based on the same starfield pic I made for all those Star Wars things I make. Very simple Photoshop technique of adding noise to a black background.
Here's some others I made using the same base starfield...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Here is mine. It's just a temporary one though. Before this it was a photo of me and my girlfriend but she is on a month long expedition at the moment and I miss her so photos don't always help. :')
She's finally out? I've waited for this moment for so long, Rhys, my love! Let me embrace you!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.