Movies With Little or No Love Interests

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Also I don't think The Maltese Falcon had any.
Sam Spade played hide the salami with at least two women in that, but only one (Brigid) during the running time of the movie.

Others - Paths of Glory, Sorcerer, 2001, etc.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, Reservoir Dogs, Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome.

Also like Mark F said 12 Angry Men. Also I don't think The Maltese Falcon had any.
Clockwork had plenty of sex, Full Metal Jacket had the hookers, I don't remember any in Reservoir Dogs though. In fact, all the characters were guys...

Clockwork had plenty of sex, Full Metal Jacket had the hookers, I don't remember any in Reservoir Dogs though. In fact, all the characters were guys...
Those aren't "love interests" though. Hookers/prostitutes doesn't equal love lol. Rape doesn't mean love either (Clockwork Orange)

In the OP I said love and sex or both. Even rape is sex.
so why doesn't interview with the vampire work ?

the love there is non-romantic and if you want to go that route you can pretty much X out every film in existence. if someone has a mom they love. if someone has a dog they love. if someone has a friend they love.

In the OP I said love and sex or both. Even rape is sex.
Alright in that case then Clockwork Orange is out, but Full Metal Jacket there's no love or sex, it's just hookers talking with the soldiers for like one minute. Does that still count?

I never saw that film.
Ah okay that makes sense then.
Well there you go! A great one to check out.

Kirsten dunst was 11 in that movie and incredible, she keeps up with brad pitt and tom cruise.

Alright in that case then Clockwork Orange is out, but Full Metal Jacket there's no love or sex, it's just hookers talking with the soldiers for like one minute. Does that still count?
There's very little. The exchange between Joker and Cowboy about sticking his tubesteak into his sister, and when they re-meet, ".. in your sister." Cowboy: "You my sister than my mama!"

So yeah, it's minimum. But it's a complete war film, unlike Deer Hunter, Coming Home, Born on the 4th, so I wouldn't anticipate it. Paths of Glory (also Kubrick) doesn't have sex or love if I remember. I think Full Metal Jacket is the best war film, Paths of Glory is also great (Kubrick). Speaking of Kubrick, Dr. Strangelove has a few sex scenes between George C. Scott and his girlfriend.

There's very little. The exchange between Joker and Cowboy about sticking his tubesteak into his sister, and when they re-meet, ".. in your sister." Cowboy: "You my sister than my mama!"

So yeah, it's minimum. But it's a complete war film, unlike Deer Hunter, Coming Home, Born on the 4th, so I wouldn't anticipate it. Paths of Glory (also Kubrick) doesn't have sex or love if I remember. I think Full Metal Jacket is the best war film, Paths of Glory is also great (Kubrick). Speaking of Kubrick, Dr. Strangelove has a few sex scenes between George C. Scott and his girlfriend.
I agree with Full Metal Jacket being the best war film.

And yeah from what I remember Paths of Glory doesn't have any romance or sex in it.

Beat me to it. I love the fact that there is no love interest or even a woman in The Thing. I think it would have changed the dynamic too much. It would not have been the movie that it is.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Someone already said Reservoir Dogs, there aren't any female characters even in that film. Glengarry Glen Ross is all male, too. There's no sex or romance at any point in that one. That is a great, great movie though.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Welcome to the human race...
Beat me to it. I love the fact that there is no love interest or even a woman in The Thing. I think it would have changed the dynamic too much. It would not have been the movie that it is.
Yeah, when it comes to The Thing having female characters (even if they weren't love interests) would have made it too easy to predict who was going to survive or who was going to be the Thing or whatever - it could have easily had a "final girl" kind of ending. I do have to question just how much of a problem having female characters posed for the recent prequel, though that project was already riddled with problems anyway.

Billy Wilder said every great movie had a love interest. Someone mentions, "What about a western?" - Wilder replied, "The man loves his horse."

They loved sharks

Good choice HK

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Billy Wilder has a pretty limited view. There are tons of films without love interests or sex. I'd like to hear an argument for either of these appearing in La Region Centrale

Billy Wilder has a pretty limited view. There are tons of films without love interests or sex. I'd like to hear an argument for either of these appearing in La Region Centrale
Maybe Wilder said that, maybe he didn't, but there's no love interest in Stalag 17...unless you count the character's obsession over Betty Grable.