Swan's Blu-ray and DVD Collection

Tools    

I still like arthouse, but I have a newfound love of grindhouse/exploitation. Why? Because I'm a style guy, and that stuff was often incredibly stylistic, I've found. It's also just fun. Live a little, buddy.

Anyway, for some reason the trash really appeals to me.

Finished here. It's been fun.
You have an amazing collection Swan. Must have cost a fortune to get all those titles.

Thanks Lucasman.
No prob Swandude.

I just got into collecting heavily this past year. Have spent a bit too much, but the collection is still in it's baby stages. In a year or two it might be something somewhat impressive.

I really need to get more Criterions, only have Summer Interlude and All that Heaven Allows at the moment.

Cool dude. I said it in the main post already, but I got rid of 3/4's of my collection. I had literally no room for them all in my new house. I'm excited at the opportunity to re-expand my collection again.

Cool dude. I said it in the main post already, but I got rid of 3/4's of my collection. I had literally no room for them all in my new house. I'm excited at the opportunity to re-expand my collection again.
Yeah I did that for my DVD collection like six years ago, had about 50 titles. I made the horrible mistake of trading them in at MovieStop. I got seriously ripped off lol.

Tell me about it brother. I feel like I got a bit ripped off, as well.

Tell me about it brother. I feel like I got a bit ripped off, as well.
I think I got like 20$ for over 50 titles! Wish I could go back and slap myself in the face.

I really want to build a good blu-ray collection, my only worry is that a newer and better format will emerge in the future.

I have a feeling the next step will just be having a digital collection, but who knows.

Holy crap, this pinky violence collection is blinding me with the color pink.

Went a little crazy and bought some more. I think that'll be enough for a while. Thanks to HK for recommending a few of these.

She Killed in Ecstacy

Grindhouse Experience

I have no clue what any of these movies are, but it was 20 grindhouse flicks for 11 bucks, so I went for it. We'll see if any of them are good.

Included are:

Womens Camp 119
Tortured Angels
Savage Man/Savage Beast
Raw Force
Confessions of a Police Captain
Executioner 2
Poseidon Explosion
Earthquake 7.9
Violent Professionals
Frank and Tony
Kung Fu Punch of Death
Return of the Tiger
Go Kill and Come Back
Bounty Man
Three Tough Guys
Mandinga
The Children
Demon Witch Child
High School Hitch Hikers
Carry On Emannuelle

Ugh. Amazon can't seem to find Stone or I Drink Your Blood in their warehouse, so I just cancelled the order for those two. Damn them.

Violent Professionals is a film I've wanted to see for a while, I think. I think it's one of the trailers I saw on one of those grindhouse trailers discs one.

Yeah, it seems there might be some good gems on that set. I think it'll have been worth the price.

That's a real shame about Stone which would be a good film to watch right now what with all the Fury Road talk. It often feels like the godfather to the original Mad Max film, and also co-stars Hugh Keays-Byrne who gives another oddball performance.

I Drink Your Blood is a funny Romero knock off with cut rate gore effects and the lovely Lynn Lowry from Davey C's Shivers . It's an oft mentioned exploiter that doesn't really live up to it's 'classic' reputation. I say there's better stuff out there to be going on with.

Looks like you've been adding a lot of films close to my heart. I also recently picked up that blu ray edition of Ms. 45. Had a bootleg of the French dvd release for years so it's great to own a legit copy at last.

Not seen that much Jess Franco stuff - only Vampyros Lesbos (which is rubbish, but has one of the coolest scores of all time), Venus In Furs, Jack the Ripper, Wanda, the Wicked Warden (which was marketed as an Ilsa movie because of Dyanne Thorne), and Oasis of the Zombies which rivals Zombie Lake as one of the worst movies of all time.

Anyway glad to see you're enjoying these and don't feel like you've wasted your money.
If you like the Pinky Violence stuff then also check out Shunya Itô's three* original Female Prisoner: Scorpion movies (I like Meiko Kaji even more than Reiko Ike). There's also Bohachi Bushido: Code of the Forgotten Eight, and Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs - some of the very best there.

[EDIT]*There's a fourth Scorpion movie Grudge Song also starring Kaji but with a different director. It's ok, but not as good as the first three.