Bug Reports for the New Design

Tools    

I have experienced a bug when browing the rep page on mobile device (iphone). There is a double showing of the top with the logo... Maybe this is caused by the rep page update, though only in effect on pc devices... Look here:

Master of My Domain
Not a bug report but will multi-quoting be added? It'd help me tremendously
Tsk tsk, wrong use of future tense.

We already have multi-quoting.

Aye; it's under the More Options cog on the far right. Clicking on Multi-quote will subtly highlight it in yellow, and you'll find the text of each post once you hit Post Reply (it won't show up in the Quick Reply box, though).

This is on the desktop site only (not mobile), if that explains anything.

One thing I thought about was being able to comment back to others when they leave post comments without having to message them or whatever. Like maybe add a feature where we can leave a post comment comment. If that makes sense.

Also I've been noticing, I don't know if it's a bug or just on my side, but I get notifications of my rep way after I'm given it. Not extremely a long time but as soon as I'm given it as usual.

One thing I thought about was being able to comment back to others when they leave post comments without having to message them or whatever. Like maybe add a feature where we can leave a post comment comment. If that makes sense.
It makes sense, and it'd definitely be ideal; only issue is that system is piggybacking off of the forum's archaic reputation system and needs to attach to a post, so it'd take a lot of reworking to allow sub-comments. Awhile back, at someone's suggestion (I can't remember who), I added the PM link to each to sorta split the difference.

Also I've been noticing, I don't know if it's a bug or just on my side, but I get notifications of my rep way after I'm given it. Not extremely a long time but as soon as I'm given it as usual.
Hmm, can't think why. Can you PM me a link to the post in question the next time this happens?

Ok... for the 60 seconds or so leading up to this, the site slowed massively, I had to click the refresh button 2 or 3 times... eventually the site refreshed, and I clicked Who's Online and this screen came up and I kept getting it for about 7 minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Crash2.BMP (322.3 KB, 79 views)

Yeah, sorry, that's definitely the CDN. Please let me know if it happens again. If it happens with any regularity then it won't be worth the performance upgrade we get from it, though if it comes to that I'll have to really get into the weeds about debugging the problem.

Do you know about what time this happened? Wondering if it coincidences with any intensive server tasks (though those usually happen in the middle of the night, ET).

It was about 10 minutes before I posted those messages, so about 10 to 5 in the morning UK time... which I think is about midnight ET.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
i remember a few bugs with the lists - there were movies i had clicked on, and saved down below, but upon entering it a few weeks ago or so, i saw it wasnt "watched"

It was about 10 minutes before I posted those messages, so about 10 to 5 in the morning UK time... which I think is about midnight ET.
Okay, thanks. That's one of two potentially noteworthy times (the other being around 3:45 AM ET) that might help explain it. Please do let me know if it happens again.

i remember a few bugs with the lists - there were movies i had clicked on, and saved down below, but upon entering it a few weeks ago or so, i saw it wasnt "watched"
Unfortunately there's not much I can do to debug this without specifics (specifically the exact film/rough time, and whether it was desktop or mobile). If you notice this again, can you let me know right away?

Thanks; it looks like it was released late in the year, and when that happens the system sometimes end up using another release date. Since this is a bit lesser known, my guess is the original release date probably wasn't even in the database at first (but is now). I'll update it manually and hopefully that'll stick.