The MoFo Map

Tools    

Yoda, can we get the map pinned to the top of the Movie Forums Site stuff? It's really interesting
Number 57, and I will for now, until he has time to see this and decide. Why? Because I had no clue that this was here.

Number 57, and I will for now, until he has time to see this and decide. Why? Because I had no clue that this was here.
Thanks
I remembered he did say he'd think about it back when Rodent first made it.
It's a good resource tho isn't it? Makes you think how amazing communication is these days!

edit spelling!

But 99% of the British hate the fact we are often called Europe. Politically, we hate them. We even have several Parties that are calling for the UK to leave the EU.
Often? UK is part of Europe. It's like denying that Cuba is part of the Americas.

Over the centuries we've knocked the spit out them in countless wars.
As happened to all major European countries. Germany alone killed far more other Europeans in WW2 than the UK did in all of it's history.

The Scots were the only people who successfully held off the Romans.
No they were not the only ones, Germans and Parthians along with the tribes of Ethiopia also shared a border with Rome for many centuries. However, Rome did not annex these territories, including Scotland, because they were regarded as too poor and barbaric to be worth conquering. In fact, England was conquered due to a public promotion project by Claudius, since it was also considered not worth conquering but Claudius wanted popularity so conquering new lands, even useless ones, was a political tool.

I have yet to meet a Brit who says we are "part of Europe". This is f*cking Britain, and I don't often swear on MoFo, but Europe can f*ck right off.
Ok. But I do know.

I've been to Canada several times, and I've never had a passport. You don't need a passport to go from the U.S. to Canada, so I doubt you need one to go from Canada to the U.S.
I need a passport to go to the US and Brazil is part of the American continent (in Brazil we regard the Americas as a single continent). Mexicans need a passport to get into the US, by the way.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I've been to Canada several times, and I've never had a passport. You don't need a passport to go from the U.S. to Canada, so I doubt you need one to go from Canada to the U.S.
I've never been to Canada. So, I can't speak from experience. I heard once, though, that it is better to have a passport because it makes the crossing easier. At least I think that is what was said. But you do need proof of your citizenship, right? Say, an ID or something like that?

I've added myself, by the way.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've never been to Canada. So, I can't speak from experience. I heard once, though, that it is better to have a passport because it makes the crossing easier. At least I think that is what was said. But you do need proof of your citizenship, right? Say, an ID or something like that?

I've added myself, by the way.

The only thing that I had with me was normal stuff like my driver's license and credit cards, but they never asked for anything. They basically just stopped us at the border and asked a few questions like why we were going to Canada, how long we were planning to stay, etc.

I guess they just know how to read people, and if they don't like your answers, or if they think that you're lying, they probably pull you over and ask for your ID.

The only thing that I had with me was normal stuff like my driver's license and credit cards, but they never asked for anything. They basically just stopped us at the border and asked a few questions like why we were going to Canada, how long we were planning to stay, etc.

I guess they just know how to read people, and if they don't like your answers, or if they think that you're lying, they probably pull you over and ask for your ID.
Well, that is good to know. I have been considering going just to go (I am not too terribly far from there). I actually don't have a passport right now. So, this is a plus for me the next time that I plan on going on a trip.

Well, that is good to know. I have been considering going just to go (I am not too terribly far from there). I actually don't have a passport right now. So, this is a plus for me the next time that I plan on going on a trip.

You may want to double-check and make sure that nothing's changed in recent years. I think I was there before 9/11, so they may have changed the requirements for obvious reasons. I know that they've changed all kinds of requirements for airline travel, but I don't know what they've done about people who drive their own vehicles across the border.

You may want to double-check and make sure that nothing's changed in recent years. I think I was there before 9/11, so they may have changed the requirements for obvious reasons. I know that they've changed all kinds of requirements for airline travel, but I don't know what they've done about people who drive their own vehicles across the border.
Well, from what I saw today, I think you do need a passport or a passport card. Oh, well. I just don't feel like spending the money on either one when I am not really planning on going anywhere any time soon. Life goes on.

Well, from what I saw today, I think you do need a passport or a passport card. Oh, well. I just don't feel like spending the money on either one when I am not really planning on going anywhere any time soon. Life goes on.

I just did a quick Google search, and it looks like the laws changed in 2009.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g1...he.Border.html

"US citizens can no longer cross the border, back into the US, from Canada, using only a driver's licence and birth certificate. Due to changes in U.S. law that took effect June 1, 2009, there are more strict requirements for what identification is required; see the table below for a list of acceptable documents."

I just did a quick Google search, and it looks like the laws changed in 2009.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g1...he.Border.html

"US citizens can no longer cross the border, back into the US, from Canada, using only a driver's licence and birth certificate. Due to changes in U.S. law that took effect June 1, 2009, there are more strict requirements for what identification is required; see the table below for a list of acceptable documents."
Thanks.

If nothing else, it is good to know, for sure, how it works now so that I am prepared in the future.

I've been to Canada twice recently, last time was only 2 weeks ago. U.S. citizens need a passport, there's also something called a passport card that is maybe easier to get. Make sure and get the passport will in advance of your trip to Canada as it takes time to process the passport.

Attention MoFos near the Seattle area: I will be in your city from August 27th to September 1st for PAX Prime. I'll be pretty darn busy most of the time at the convention center, but I'll have a few hours the night of the 27th (and maybe some time each night inbetween, depending on how late things go), if you guys wanna meet up.

I know PW's from Seattle, and based on the map it looks like Citizen Rules and Erasmus Folly are, too. And Harry's nearby, albeit on the other side of the Canadian border. If you guys can find your way to downtown Seattle, you can meet me and the missus and we can get a sandwich.

Everyone knows Vancouver has better sandwiches.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Bump! Reminder to anyone who hasn't added themselves to this map yet. And to anyone who lives in or around Seattle, Washington, and wants to meet up at the end of the month.