Nausicaa: DVD & Blu-Ray Collection

Tools    

And the rest:

The Hypnotist - Region 2(Britain) - I've read the book and enjoyed it so looking forwards to see how the film turns out.

Hannibal(series 2) - Region B(France) - Another edition where I wanted the red banner at the top instead of the British blue banner as it looks better and also no horrible Sky Living advertisement banner on the front cover either. And cheaper in France at the time, so even better.

Ida - Region B(Britain) - Amazing looking film.

Housebound - Region Free(America) - Another of my favourite films of last year, a horror comedy from New Zealand and was made on a really really low budget, but you wouldn't think so!

Gomorrah(series 1) - Region 2(Britain) - With a slipcover. Television series based on the film of the same name.

The Guest - Region B(Britain) - Comes with a slipcover. The UK also does a steelbook edition for those interested. Fantastic film.

Goodfellas - Region Free(America) - 20th Anniversary Edition digibook.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Region Free(America) - With a gorgeous shiny embossed slipcover.

Fargo(series 1) - Region 2(Britain) - With slipcover.

The Frame - Region Free(America) - From the director of Ink, and the blu-ray has been signed by the director. Fabulous! Was not that keen on Ink but really enjoyed The Frame.

You and the Night - Region 2(Britain) - Limited edition 2 disc set, comes with a slipcover and the CD score/soundtrack by M83. Don't believe this was released on blu-ray here.

Eraserhead - Region A(America) - Finally have this film on blu-ray, been waiting for this to come out in a Criterion edition for years, even held off buying the British blu-ray release. Comes in a digipack style edition. Got this in the Barnes & Noble 50% off sale.

Edge of Tomorrow - Region Free(Britain) - A steelbook edition with some fabulous artwork. Much better than having the Live Die Repeat 'confusing' title splattered on the front cover like the other editions.

Cold In July - Region B(Britain) - With slipcover.

Brooklyn Nine Nine(series 1) - Region 2 & 4(Britain)

Festen/The Celebration - Region 2(Britain) - Found this brand new 10th Anniversary edition in the HMV sales for £4, thought that was a bargain as at the time it was about £15 on Amazon for the same edition... Saw this years ago but can barely remember it, so looking forwards to seeing it again.

The Blacklist(series 1) - Region A & B(France) - With slipcover and no purple banner like the British edition. It was also £19.99 in France and I thought that was rather good as it was selling for £35.99 in the shops here at the time... Bla to that price!

Black Sails(series 1) - Region 2(Britain) - Adore the artwork on the slipcover(the slipcover has a lovely velvet like texture too), I thought I'd be bored with this series as films/TV series set around pirates usually bore me but was surprised with this series out of the episodes I've seen so far.

Assault on Precinct 13 - Region B(Germany) - Another bargain, saw this 3 disc digibook edition of the original 70s film for £8 in the sales, it's got some amazing artwork on the front.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Region Free(America) - With slipcover.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Region A(America) - Found this in the black Friday sales over in America. Just a shame it didn't come with the slipcover, would have matched the sequel's slipcover.

The Art of Getting By - Region 2(Britain) - Was sick of waiting for my online rental place to get this in stock so decided to see if they had it in my local second hand shop and they did. 16p well spent, rather enjoyed this film.

Arrow(series 2) - Region 2(Britain) - With slipcover.

Any Day Now - Region Free(Britain) - Absolutely loved this film.

American Horror Story - Region B(France) - With a really weird slipcover, the figures on the front are embossed with a plastic, and the amaray boxes inside are black.

All Cheerleaders Die - Region 2(Britain) - With slipcover. Film is from the director of May. Also, if you like horror films and a fan of the Australian soap Neighbours, you should love this film.

All That Jazz - Region A(America) - 3 disc Criterion edition. Another one that I got in the Barnes & Noble 50% off sale.

Oops, three more that I thought I had uploaded, had not even taken a photo of them, so here are the last three and then I think that's all my buys up since November:

Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For - Region B(Germany) - This gorgeous digibook edition, I didn't want an edition with Jessica Alba on the front as I can't stand her, but found one with Eva Green on the front and it looks amazing. It's a 2 disc limited edition with a really thick comic inside. I believe this is now out of print.

Clouds of Sils Maria - Region B(France) - With slipcover. A fantastic film.

Young Ones - Region B(France) - With slipcover.

I hope you like Gomorrah. I think it's probably the best tv programme of last year. Great stuff and had me instantly and held me till the end of the last episode. Can't wait for the next series.

Have you seen Penny Dreadful? I thought it took a few episodes to get going but it's OK after that. I'll give season 2 a go and see what I think.

I dropped Sleepy Hollow and Bates Motel at the start of season 2 just because I had so much to watch. But I was able to drop them without too much trouble. I hope you like it more.

Some more to add to the collection:

The Code - Region 2(Britain) - A television series from Australia that I liked the look of, missed it when it was shown on BBC4 here in Britain.

Whiplash - Region Free(America)

The Sweet Hereafter - Region B(Britain) - Finally have another one of my all time favourites on blu-ray, been waiting ages for it to come down to a reasonable price.

Saw - Region Free(Germany) - 10th Anniversary steelbook edition. Comes with a poster and artcards, quite a nice little set and the artwork is fantastic on the steelbook.

Sweetwater - Region B(Germany)

Nightcrawler - Region A & B(Canada) - With a lovely slipcover. One of my favourite films of 2014. It says Region A on the box but it actually plays in Region B players.

Leviathan - Region B(Britain)n- Swearing intact... unlike the Russian release.

Red Machine - Region B(Germany) - In a clear amaray case, lovelyyyy.

'71 - Region B(Britain) - Comes in a black amaray case and slipcover.

I've got eight more blu-rays to add but will do that tomorrow, can barely keep my eyes open.

It's nice to have you back, honey. Sadly I didn't really get on with The Code. Watched the first few (3 or 4, I think) but didn't really want to see the rest. It wasn't that it was bad, I just wasn't up for it. Hope you like it.

^ Hope I like it too.

The rest of my additions:

Gone Girl - Region B(France) - I went for the French edition because it was cheaper than the British release at the time and it was just the blu-ray. The British release comes with an 'Amazing Amy' book and I didn't want that extra. Apart from that it's more or less the same, a digipack/slipcover edition.

The Million Dollar Hotel - Region B(Germany) - Think Germany is the only place that sells this in blu-ray format for anyone who wants this film on blu-ray.

Need For Speed - Region B(Britain) - A lovely steelbook edition for a rather fun film. Went for the French steelbook originally but it kept arriving damaged so I gave up on it and went for this one instead, glad I did as it's much nicer than the French one.

L'Aréne - Region B(France) - Called Raze in other countries. I rented this on DVD a few months ago and really enjoyed it, was going to buy the DVD as it's only out in this format here but then saw France had released it on blu-ray so went for it, and it came in a black amaray case with slipcover. I love Zoe Bell.

The Boxtrolls - Region B(France) - It comes in a lenticular slipcover here also but our release comes with that horrible purple banner that rolls onto the image and so went for the French release because the banner takes up less of the artwork. Plus I actually prefer thinner cases and blu-ray cases from France are like American ones, thinner. Britain gets thick cases(apart from Artificial Eye releases, they get thin cases). LOVE this animation!

Boyhood - Region B(France) - Comes in a gorgeous 2 disc digibook edition.

Birdman - Region A & B(Canada) - Another from Canada that says it's Region A on the box but in fact plays on Region B players too. It comes in a red amaray case and a slipcover that has a front part that opens up, really nice package.

Big Hero 6 - Region Free(America) - Comes in a wonderful embossed shiny slipcover. Fabulous animation.

These Final Hours - Region B(Germany) - Think so far it's only available on blu-ray from Germany, it's not even out here in Britain yet.

I dropped Sleepy Hollow and Bates Motel at the start of season 2 just because I had so much to watch. But I was able to drop them without too much trouble. I hope you like it more.

^ I started Sleepy Hollow last night, I'm two episodes in and I love it so far, will see how long that lasts.

Yep, I really quite liked Sleeypy Hollow, especially at the start. As I said, I didn't really have any problems with either, I just found them easy to drop. I'd certainly like to try and catch up with either/both at some time.

I do wish you'd post more, too.

I do try!

Oo la la, unlike Britain, Germany are going to be releasing series 2 of Utopia on blu-ray! so will be selling that DVD edition of Utopia series 2 above and buying the blu-ray edition when it's released later in the year. Now it will match my blu-ray of series 1. Lovely.

Have you watched The Signal (2104) yet? Any thoughts? A friend has lent me a copy but it's low on my 'to watch' list currently. Would love some good new indie sci-fi to watch.

Incidentally my decrepit old laptop always grinds to a halt when I try to look at your thread, and I usually give up pretty quickly. Must be the images I guess.

Need...more...processing...power...

^ I rather enjoyed The Signal, an awful lot of people commented on the ending and thought it was poor but I found it interesting even if predictable. Some effects during the film are a little silly but apart from that, I think it's worth putting higher on your to watch list.

I'm sorry my photos are acting naughty and messing with your laptop.

I'm sorry my photos are acting naughty and messing with your laptop.
Yes, I swear sparks flew out the back last time

I will bump The Signal up my list a few places if only for that extremely cool over image.

I haven't said it before, but you have a very impressive collection and a real knack for sourcing the swankiest releases available. Clearly some good research and a lot of shopping around goes into many of these purchases. Nice work.

My latest that I've added to the collection:

The Salvation - Region B(France) - With slipcover.

Z Nation(series 1) - Region B(France) - With slipcover and fold out packaging inside.

What We Do In The Shadows - Region 2(Britain) - With slipcover.

Winter Sleep - Region B(Britain)

The Bridge(series 2) - Region B(Britain) - Another one I found in a second hand shop for the bargain price of £8! and with a slipcover that is quite hard to find now(haven't seen it in any other shops here). After I bought this I went into HMV and it was selling for around £26 and no slipcover... So rather happy with this find.

Wooden Crosses - Region B(Britain) - From the Masters of Cinema collection. Can't wait to see this French war film from 1932.

Rollerball - Region B(Britain) - Original 70s film of course, was released a few weeks ago here on blu-ray.

The Maze Runner - Region Free(Britain) - HMV exclusive steelbook edition. I've read the book but yet to see this film, so looking forwards to seeing it as I enjoyed the book.

Paddington - Region B(France) - Again, another blu-ray where I have preferred the artwork to anywhere else so got it from France, comes with a lovely slipcover and the title is embossed. Loved this film.

Memento - Region B(France) - 15th Anniversary edition. The first ever Christopher Nolan film I watched and still my favourite out of his films.

Olive Kitteridge(series 1) - Region 2(Britain) - With slipcover.

Revolution(series 2) - Region B(Britain) - With slipcover.

The Legacy(series 1) - Region B(Britain) - Looking forwards to this series immensely, I decided to wait for the blu-ray instead of watching it on television. Doing the same with Fortitude too, well had no choice there as I don't have the channel it was on but Fortitude is out soon on blu-ray and it's another I am looking forwards to watching.

Lost Girl(series 2) - Region 2(Britain) - With slipcover. I enjoyed the first series so got series 2 ready to watch. Just waiting for series 3 and 4 to come down to around the same price.

Miss Julie - Region 2(France) - Jessica Chastain starring and Liv Ullmann directing, what more do you want.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 - Region B(France) - With slipcover. Artwork is fabulous, love how the fire effect flows into the actual banner at the top.

John Wick - Region B(France) - Steelbook edition.

Kon-Tiki - Region B(Britain)

Franklyn - Region B(France) - Or Dark World as it's known in France... Comes with a nice slipcover with embossed title. Didn't know it had a slipcover when I ordered it so that was nice.

The Following(series 2) - Region B(Britain) - With slipcover.

The Fall(series 2) - Region B(France) - Comes with a slipcover, so it now matches with the series 1 French edition I have.

Black Sails(series 2) - Region 2(Britain) - With another gorgeous slipcover just like the first series and with the same type of almost velvet like texture.

Talking of velvet like texture, this beautiful and dreamy film:

The Duke of Burgundy - Region B(Britain) - With the gorgeous Sidse Babett Knudsen - Borgen fans!

Banshee(series 2) - Region 2(Britain) - With slipcover to match the first series release.

2001: A Space Odyssey - Region B(Britain) - Steelbook edition.

I hope you enjoy The Legacy. I really liked it and I'm looking forward to the next series. Have you seen The Bridge before? I see that's series 2, which I preferred to the first, though I think I'm on my own there. I was underwhelmed by the first series, but was much more engaged with the second.

Plus rep for Rollerball, of course.

Okay, had too many photos in the above so my last addition:

Big Eyes - Region B(Britain)

Got some more coming soon but need to take photos or waiting for them to arrive - got some Mad Max, Ridley Scott, buys from Germany, and a film that's suppose to be a cross between Mad Max and Dawn of the Dead.

hope you enjoy The Legacy. I really liked it and I'm looking forward to the next series. Have you seen The Bridge before? I see that's series 2, which I preferred to the first, though I think I'm on my own there. I was underwhelmed by the first series, but was much more engaged with the second.
I've seen the first series of The Bridge, yet to start the second series. Yep, I've heard all good things about The Legacy, it's one I've been excited to see since I first heard about it.

I must keep an eye out for The Duke Of Burgandy. I do like Sidse Babett Knudsen. I've not seen The Thirteenth Floor since about 1999/2000, but I remember liking it quite a bit. I'm sure I've still got it on VHS somewhere.

I've yet to see The Thirteenth Floor but heard it's got a rather fantastic ending.

Got these over the last two days:

Mad Max Trilogy - Region B(France) - Films are in separate steelbook editions. Really nice steelbook designs.

Kingdom of Heaven - Region Free(Britain) - Steelbook edition that was released this week, and has both the 144 minute theatrical release and 190 minute director's cut/194 minute 'Director's Cut Roadshow version'.

Supernova - Region 2(Britain)

Ooh nice Mad Max set. I just ordered the shout factory collector's edition of Mad Max which looks like this...

Hopefully they'll release the other films too.