Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm not going to say what's right with it since it wouldn't matter. All you seem to care about is the word "captain" and drawing conclusions about Kurosawa's last few films. In what format did you watch this?

I might have given this movie another half point if I didn't have to hear "CAPITAN" so often
You got something against Captains?

I guess this was a slow time for him, and he never seemed to make anything great after he screwed relationships with Mifune.
*AHEM*

Five stars ! What else can I say.

I have been humming As Time Goes By all day!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Box Trolls
Wasn't sure about this one and found myself caught up in it. Very well done!

The Drop
Yet ANOTHER reason why i've become such a HUGE fan of Tom Hardy. Excellent movie and a damn excellent ending

The Oxford Murders (2008)

I'll watch anything with Elijah Wood(From my movie list you can probably tell why lol). This movie was very mediocre tbh going in it looked very interesting as I am a fan of movies that revolve around a serial killer in general(the Maniac remake with Wood was very good actually). The ending was pretty anti-climatic and the twist wasn't very enjoyable. It wasn't terrible but nothing spectacular.

Left Behind (2014)

sigh............Nicolas Cage....what the hell are you doing? I usually don't mind religion being crammed down my throat in movies because most of the time it is quite subtle, but this movie was so badly directed, acted, and written that the religious message of the movie was elevated to front and center and it was so in your face with half the dialogue they did. This movie was such a cluster**** from beginning to end and i didn't know it was actually over when it ended that's how much the ending didn't satisfy me at all. Literally if it wasn't for Cage being good still at times i would of given this movie an even worse rating. And this next stuff is message directly for Cage, start doing good movies again......last movie I've seen Cage in that I actually really enjoyed was Kick Ass (That was 5 years ago). Seeking Justice & The Frozen Ground were alright but nothing spectacular.....If Cage is doing **** like this I see National Treasure 3 happening with him even sooner than I expected, but the sad thing is at least i'd be up for Cage chasing down secret american artifacts again so yes do that instead of stuff like this.

Columbus Circle (2012)

Can another Hellboy III start getting made so Selma Blair will be in atleast one movie i'll have a chance to enjoy?

Children of Men (2006) - Alfonso Cuaron

I can't fathom some of the shots I have seen here, specially that 7-8 minutes long shot when the open war was going on...and that childbirth thing OMG! overall, mixed feeling but some camerawork and execution...

8 out of 10

Hello Friend
Last time i have seen very awesome movie that was "Titanic" Really loveable movie ever..........

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015)

All I can say is........holy ****. From the Director of Kick Ass comes a Secret Service version of Kick Ass lol. This movie was simply a thrill ride. This movie was so good all the way through. Great acting, great story, funny, charming, and the fight scenes were so good and well choreographed. Colin Firth was a beast in this movie in every sense of the word and the entire cast was so great. Samuel L. Jackson with a lisp was so funny and it he was still a fantastic villain. If you've never heard of this movie....go watch it right now......like immediately right now. Matthew Vaughn is simply great with everything he does.

Get Hard (2015)

Pretty much what i expected from a movie with Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell, nothing really surprising. There were some funny parts but other than that It left something to be desired.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Chloe in the Afternoon (1972) - Eric Rohmer (French Drama)
A fascinating look at a man struggling to choose between his wife and his desire to have an affair. Whilst it never made me particularly empathise with the main character it did paint an interesting portrait and I could understand why the character thought the way he did.

My fifth Rohmer film and so far I'd place it in third spot - which shows the quality of his films I guess.

I don't think empathy is required or even requested by Rohmer
I've seen 20 something Rohmer films, this is among the better half of them, and that opening scene! There's only a couple Rohmer films that I haven't liked and only one that I thoroughly disliked.

"I do not tell, I show. I show people who move and speak." -Eric Rohmer's response to his haters

Paprika (2006)

This director made a couple movies I liked a lot, Perfect Blue and Millenium Actress. This movie doesn't suit my taste as well, but I still enjoyed it. I was surprised to see that he has only made 4 movies, so I will try Tokyo Godfathers.

He made a TV series as well. Most animation directors cannot make as many movies as live action filmmakers can because of the painstaking effort required to make each animated sequence.

Jules and Jim (1962)
I found this film pleasant, breezy, and well made, but no more! Overall; leaves me cold....

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Care for some gopher?
Per qualche dollaro in più (I/E/D, 1965, Sergio Leone) -

I really liked the soundtrack here!

Flipped (2010) - Rob Reiner (American Romance)
Reiner has made some great films but this really wasn't one of them - terrible acting, weak script, cheesy narration ... not a good movie.

-

The Fighter (2010) - David O Russell (American Drama)
Not really a big fan of Russell so far - feels a bit like his films cross the line from just paying tribute to a genre to being really derivative. For the most part this is fairly entertaining but I got pretty frustrated with it by the end and then the standard Hollywood finish lost it points as well. Still, it was better than American Hustle IMO.

+

Let the night air cool you off

The Fighter (2010) - David O Russell (American Drama)
Not really a big fan of Russell so far - feels a bit like his films cross the line from just paying tribute to a genre to being really derivative. For the most part this is fairly entertaining but I got pretty frustrated with it by the end and then the standard Hollywood finish lost it points as well. Still, it was better than American Hustle IMO.

+
The real travesty with this movie is that it totally neglected the Arturo Gatti trilogy. I do remember enjoying the movie around the time it came out, but I am hesitant to rewatch it now.

the boy next door 4/10 generic film
fifty shades of grey (5/10) atrocious ending, had it's moments but absolutely atrocious ending.