Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

In Cold Blood (1967) - Richard Brooks

seen many other films more or less on the same subject...this one gets better with time...those cuts and BG music at times seems dated though...

7.5 out of 10

A Bittersweet Life (2005) - Kim Jee-woon

A South Korean action flick, very cleverly made...has got some of the most amazing gun-fighting sequences I have ever seen...

7.5 out of 10

Doom 3/10
Unleased 7/10

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (David Yates, 2007)
Haven't seen it since it came out in theatres. Still fun. 3/5

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

My lord them colors. This definitely has my vote as one of the most colorful films ever created. I wonder how a double feature of this and Juliet of the Spirits would go? This certainly isn't a film for everyone's tastes but if you surrender yourself the experience can prove overwhelming.

I dug it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg is Deneuve.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Men in Black (1997) - Barry Sonenfeld (American Science Fiction)
Fun but ultimately pretty forgettable sci-fi film. The chemistry between Smith & Jones is good but otherwise it's a bit bland and even though this is perhaps the fifth time I've seen it I don't really remember too much about it.

-

Flirtation (1933) - Max Ophuls (German Romance)
Ophuls is quickly becoming one of my favourite directors. I didn't like this quite was much as Letter From an Unknown Woman but it's still an excellent film. It's a relatively simple story of an ill-fated love affair but it has great characters and whilst it was slow to get going, by about halfway through I was completely engrossed.

-

My lord them colors. This definitely has my vote as one of the most colorful films ever created. I wonder how a double feature of this and Juliet of the Spirits would go? This certainly isn't a film for everyone's tastes but if you surrender yourself the experience can prove overwhelming.

I dug it.
Another one? Somebody has to hate this movie with me.

I dug it.
Fantastic film. May I recommend Howard Hawks' Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, a more conventional musical (in that there's a lot of dialogue and not that many unusual singing moments) but it also has fantastically rich colours.

Care for some gopher?
The Naked Gun 2 1/2 (USA, 1991, David Zucker) -

Not as good as the first one but still pretty enjoyable.

Waking Life
Richard Linklater
Good movie with great themes. Really made me think, but I can't say I connected with a majority of the themes presented in the film. The animation really makes this movie unique, however.
+

Shock Corridor (1963)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Finished here. It's been fun.
Fantastic film. May I recommend Howard Hawks' Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, a more conventional musical (in that there's a lot of dialogue and not that many unusual singing moments) but it also has fantastically rich colours.
Thanks for the recommendation Daniel, I'll put it on my watchlist. Been meaning to view more from Hawks, as I've only seen two (Rio Bravo and His Girl Friday)

Another one? Somebody has to hate this movie with me.
I wouldn't worry about not liking it. It really isn't a film to everyone's tastes. There are many beloved films that I really don't like such as The Rules of the Game.

Retreat (2011) - Carl Tibbetts (British Thriller)
Cillian Murphy and Thandi Newton are staying in the only house on a small island when they find a soldier washed up on the beach - he tells them stories of a virus spreading through Europe ... Not the most original idea but it does have quite an unusual twist which I'm not sure that I've seen before. There are only really three characters for much of the movie which creates quite a lot of tension and it does well in terms of making you think about whether the soldier's story is true or not.

Overall not a perfect movie but decent enough.

In Bruges (2008)

Just like Seven Psychopaths. Funny, violent, and a great story all around. I can't believe i've never watched this movie before I now regret having not seen it earlier. Farrell and Gleeson were great and Fiennes was brilliant like he always is. If you haven't seen this movie i highly recommend it.