Thoughts on the Big Lebowski?

Tools    

I hear people talk all the time about how Big Lebowski is a "masterpiece", I appreciated it's humor, the surrealness, and the Dude's laid back attitude, but I'm not sure if I'd call it a masterpiece. Thoughts?

Finished here. It's been fun.
Yeah I don't think it's a masterpiece, but I do really like the film. It's very unique and it has a great cast of characters, alongside some very memorable scenes of dialogue. I think the reason the film has become such a favorite is because there isn't anything else like it. It takes elements from film-noir and whatnot, but the end result is as rad as 'the dude' himself.

enough said! one of the funniest scene of all-time

A system of cells interlinked
I hear people talk all the time about how Big Lebowski is a "masterpiece", I appreciated it's (sic) humor, the surrealness (sic), and the Dude's laid back attitude, but I'm not sure if I'd call it a masterpiece. Thoughts?
The first time I saw it, I would have said no, but now it is one of my favorite comedies of all time.

The first time I saw it, I would have said no, but now it is one of my favorite comedies of all time.

The same goes for me. Wasn't into it the first, but a rewatch made me love it.

Yeah if you ask most people they'll say they liked it when they first saw it, but loved in on subsequent watches.

I think it's because a lot of the humour is in the extremely clever writing, and it's difficult to take in everything that's being said the first time through, but then once you know what's being said, you can now focus on 'getting the joke'. Definitely one of the best comedies ever made, perhaps the best.

Master of My Domain
It's a masterpiece in it's own unique way because it has several different sub plots and conflicts between the characters happening at once without any specific order yet in the midst of the chaos manages to be incredibly clever, funny, and uses surrealism brilliantly.

The entire cult around the film is a bit crazy and creates an overrated status that unfortunately leaves many people disappointed, a shame indeed, But it's certainly a remarkable film I bet will leave a huge mark in cinema history.

It's one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I despise it. It's not funny. It's boring and stupid and it sickens and saddens me to see how people love it so much.

It's one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I despise it. It's not funny. It's boring and stupid and it sickens and saddens me to see how people love it so much.

Inevitable.

Master of My Domain

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, totally wrong man.

I love The Big Lebowski - I love you, but sometimes you really chap my arse!

I love The Big Lebowski - I love you, but sometimes you really chap my arse!
Well, I just like doing that.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I love movies left of center...short of Fear and Loathing, this is one of the best.

It's an...interesting movie. I certainly find it funny, and I can see why people like it.