Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sleep Tight (2012) - Jaume Balaguero

This really got me from the start...it has been a while since I watch such a good thriller...this guy Luis Tosar is really fantastic...after Cell 211 this is another riveting performance by him...

9 out of 10

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2

A culmination of nearly 10 years of work, Deathly Hallows Part 2 certainly doesn't disappoint. Full of some amazing special effects and gripping character arc conclusions, this is probably the best movie about wizards and magic one could ask for.

Apocalypse Now (Francis Ford Coppola, 1979)
What can I say? What can anyone say that hasn't been said a thousand times?
Flawless. Most likely the best film ever made. 5/5

Care for some gopher?
The Babadook (AUS/CDN, 2014, Jennifer Kent) -
-

Great horror movie about a grieving mother and her son. The first hour was almost perfect. And while the last 30 minutes are great, as well - as regards content - i didn't like the choices how to convey it. And with that i mean
WARNING: "The Babadook" spoilers below
all this supernatural stuff (mother flying, sons gets lifted up by something invisible, bowl with worms gets pull by something invisible, mother puking a stream of blood, etc.)

The Professionals (1966)

Entertaining Western with a nice ending and a strong cast led by Lee Marvin and Burt Lancaster. I was close to loving this but was slightly let down by the role Lancaster played. I don't know if it was the character or the performance, but after seeing his other 60's movies, I'm used to his dominating screen presence, and I just didn't feel that here.

Cléo from 5 to 7 (1962)

Saw this movie one week ago. Very nice. May change the rating when I write the review.

Coherence (2013) 6/10
This film proves that you can do interesting things on a low budget and with little resources if you think outside the box. Although it gets a bit confusing sometimes, this little sci-fi/thriller/mystery is quite a strong debut for James Ward Byrkit. I'm interested to see what he does next.

Care for some gopher?
Per un pugno di dollari (I/E/D, 1964, Sergio Leone) -

Le Notti Bianche

No Country for Old Men

I didn't like the way it ended but still is a great movie. Javier Bardem's performance was hypnotic.

Inherent Vice

A plot difficult to understand but still is a fun movie to watch. Some scenes were hilarious.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Beauty and the Beast

Poetic and magical; it conjures a feeling of childlike glee in the viewer. This one has aged like the finest of wines.

We've gone on holiday by mistake

Evil Dead II (Sam Raimi, 1987)

The film is stupid. Not quite as bad as the first but then not really much better. It comes across as a mix between a sequel and a remake, which doesn't make much sense. The first seven or so minutes seem pretty confusing and pointless to me. Just like in the first one, he spends most his times fighting zombies or 'the woods' in idiotic ways.. I think the way he fights them or the zombies themselves are meant to come across funny in some kind of messed up way but to me I find them boring and repetitive. It might have been funny for about two minutes but doing it for about an hour is in my opinion, slightly overdoing it.

This is not a movie I would recommend to anyone who.. Well, anyone. I mean yeah, overall it was slightly better than the first. There was a few, not many but a few moments that I will admit made me laugh, but the problems that I saw in the first film still remained.

I know a lot of people enjoy these films so this review won't be very popular but I have to be honest. I guess if you're into gory horror films, don't really care much for the story and just enjoy the craziness then this is your type of film, but for me, I think the story is poor and the majority of the film is boring.

8/10

Frankenstein (James Whale, 1931)
Classic. But I doubt that it would be as good as it is if somebody else would have played the monster. Boris Karloff is the man! 4/5

Frankenstein (James Whale, 1931)
Classic. But I doubt that it would be as good as it is if somebody else would have played the monster. Boris Karloff is the man! 4/5
Have you seen him in The Mummy?