Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

A Simple Plan (1998) - Sam Raimi

This is a good one, in fact, very good...not a very unfamiliar story but it built up remarkably well to its finale, which was rather obvious...

8.5 out of 10

Care for some gopher?
Serbuan Maut (ID/USA/F, 2011, Gareth Evans) -
+

A very enjoyable movie, it never gets boring. The martial-arts scenes are the sh*t!

A Man for All Seasons (1966)

I don't have a logical explanation, but for the most part, these historical/costume dramas bore the heck out of me. The cast kept it ok for me and it's well made.

I have to return some videotapes.
Dog Day Afternoon -
got kind of slow at some parts but overall really enjoyed it. Pacino did great in it

Dog Day Afternoon -
got kind of slow at some parts but overall really enjoyed it. Pacino did great in it
Good to see you actively posting! I was beginning to worry if you were a bot since your only post on the forum was in my film diary thread.

Keep up being active!

Good to see you actively posting! I was beginning to worry if you were a bot since your only post on the forum was in my film diary thread.

Keep up being active!
I can't believe you thought I was a bot

JK, I figured you probably thought that since you didn't reply . Thanks for the response, I think I might start up a film reviews thread myself sometime soon. Just need to make up my mind on movies to watch.

I can't believe you thought I was a bot
I'm sorry about that. But now that I know you're not, I want to thank you very much for those kind words in my film diary, it means a lot when you know your hard work pays off and that it is appreciated greatly. Thank you a lot! I hope you will continue to check in!

Oh and by the way, I'll look forward to your film diary if you start one!

Care for some gopher?
Alien: Resurrection Special Edition (USA, 1997, Jean-Pierre Jeunet) -

Wow, this is one hell of a bad movie! Both, the premise and the plot itself don't make any sense, whatsoever. The dialogue is bad, the acting is bad (especially Wynona Ryder and Gary Dourdan!), there are no interesting or likeable characters (even Ripley is barely a character anymore) and this strange alien-human-mix-creature at the end looks so terrible! Oddly enough, the movie manages to be somehow somewhat entertaining, although that doesn't keep it from being the worst movie in this saga.

Overall ratings:
Alien 1 -

Alien 2 -
+
Alien 3 -
-
Alien 4 -

Taxi Driver

I don't think I have enjoyed any movie on my list on the first watch as I did this. Great movie, and unlike many movies I feel after watching, the ending made it even better. So glad I was able to watch it.

Master of My Domain
Taxi Driver

I don't think I have enjoyed any movie on my list on the first watch as I did this. Great movie, and unlike many movies I feel after watching, the ending made it even better. So glad I was able to watch it.

OMG I'M FINALLY USING THIS

Taxi Driver

Glad you loved it! Hell of a movie!

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Avengers: Age of Ultron

I will be nice and say it did not dethrone GotG as my favorite MCU film.
For a black card level movie, there was a lot of scene breaking cgi. Ultron just didn't measure up to my expectations.
The Hulkbuster scene was great, as was the Vision. Glad I saw it.

In The House (2012) - Francois Ozon

Wonderful script and thoroughly enjoyable stuff...though I must say, it seems so much like a Woody Allen film and Fabrice Luchini almost act like Woody too

8.5 out of 10