Rate the last album you've heard

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Viet Cong by Viet Cong

Entertaining and thoughtful riff-o-rama from the Canadian band's debut is heavily inspired by early Wire's use of rhythm guitars, a strong rhythm section and occasional freaky keyboards, although it's in no way a slavish copycat.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Sure, there are a few of those late '70s/early '80s bands like Joy Division they resemble, and the singer sounds like feiiow Canadian Spencer Krug on a few tracks, but they mostly sound true to themselves.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I give it

I wanted more!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Listened to these two reputed classics recently:

It gets points for it's influence and impact, but it's hardly a consistent or an exciting listen. There are a few good songs, but they're surrounded by instantly forgettable filler.

This is probably my favourite Beatles album yet. The medley that covers the second side is home to flashes of genius, but it's the album's first seven songs that sold me. In particular, "Oh Darling" and Harrison's two contributions "Something" and especially "Here Comes The Sun" (which currently stands as my favourite Beatles track) are the highlights.

A system of cells interlinked
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse

Let the night air cool you off

Run the Jewels 2

El-P is music's MVP through the first half of this decade. His output: production on Killer Mike's R.A.P. Music, his Cancer 4 Cure, and of course the two Run the Jewels albums alongside Mike.

Desire - II (2009)

I used to listen a lot to the songs 'Under your spell' and 'Don't Call'. This is the first time I've listened to the whole album, and I don't feel like I've been missing out on anything.

Let the night air cool you off

Digable Planets - Blowout Comb

At least

Yeah, I like it a lot. I think both Digable albums could reach those 5 popcorns. (Feels weird to give music popcorn scores)

Charles Mingus

Mingus Ah Um

The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady

Let My Children Hear Music

Epitaph

Alice Coltrane

World Galaxy

Universal Consciousness

Matmos

The Rose Has Teeth in the Mouth of a Beast

Lucy

Wordplay For Working Bees

Scott Walker

Scott 3

----------------------------

And many others that I can't remember right now...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Make sure to listen Journey in Satchidananda if you haven't already.

Ptah, the El Daoud, Transcendence and Divine Songs are pretty interesting, too.

Glad someone else shares some of my tastes. Mingus and Alice are my latest obsessions. I'll be checking out much more stuff.