Straight Outta Compton

Tools    

147 min | Biography, Drama, Music

Release Date: 14 August 2015

The group NWA emerges from the mean streets of Compton in Los Angeles, California, in the mid-1980s and revolutionizes Hip Hop culture with their music and tales about life in the hood.

Director: F. Gary Gray
Writers: Jonathan Herman, Andrea Berloff
Starring: Paul Giamatti, O'Shea Jackson Jr., Corey Hawkins, Jason Mitchell,

Trailer #1:

Trailer #2:

Just saw the second trailer at the cinema and it sparked my interest. Anyone else interested?

First Trailer:

Second Trailer:

Thanks for sharing - looks like this could be good. Reminds me of that "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" film about 50 Cent's career, though that one didn't do great with the critics did it?

Thanks for sharing - looks like this could be good. Reminds me of that "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" film about 50 Cent's career, though that one didn't do great with the critics did it?
No, it didn't fair too well. I didn't mind it; but this looks like it has much more potential.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I do like N.W.A, so I have some interest in seeing it. But my prediction is, and I hope I'm wrong, is that it's going to be another standard biopic that just moves from point A to point B in an unimaginative fashion.

I do like N.W.A, so I have some interest in seeing it. But my prediction is, and I hope I'm wrong, is that it's going to be another standard biopic that just moves from point A to point B in an unimaginative fashion.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Can you explain please?

It's a personal thing, but I don't like Hollywood biopics very much because, about 90% of the time, they end up being shallow Oscar bait. They're usually never surprising in the way the story unfolds or how it's presented.

It's a personal thing, but I don't like Hollywood biopics very much because, about 90% of the time, they end up being shallow Oscar bait. They're usually never surprising in the way the story unfolds or how it's presented.
You mean they stick to too much of a linear path without being bold or taking any risks?

Exactly what I mean. I think the best one I've ever seen is Ed Wood, because that one had a director that actually had care and passion towards his subject and didn't stick to the same approach as many other biopics have.

Exactly what I mean. I think the best one I've ever seen is Ed Wood, because that one had a director that actually had care and passion towards his subject.
Haven't seen that movie, but I understand what you mean. Thanks for clarifying it for me!

I wonder how the nihilism and attitude will mix with the politics. At least based on the trailer there will be some politics.