Best Slasher Movie

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
What do you guys think of New Nightmare? I don't think I've ever seen it, but watching this Kermode documentary about slashers has me curious. It's basically the foundation for Scream.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
*Gasp* GB LIKED A SLASHER!?!?!!
Have you seen it? It was pretty funny. I have it on DVD somewhere. One of the dealers at a convention gave it to me a while back.

I haven't seen it, but something tells me GB hated high school.
I didn't hate high school, but I didn't love it either. I was pretty much a loner in high school.

What do you guys think of New Nightmare? I don't think I've ever seen it, but watching this Kermode documentary about slashers has me curious. It's basically the foundation for Scream.
I think it and Scream are so different, but I have heard that before.

I loved it when I was a kid. I saw it twice at the movies when it came out. I was obsessed with the movie.

I still like it, but not as much. It is worth seeing, especially if you like Freddy Krueger.

Have you seen it? It was pretty funny. I have it on DVD somewhere. One of the dealers at a convention gave it to me a while back.
No, but I'm definitely curious now.

For anybody that doesn't know, I am trying to get a Slasher Hall of Fame rolling. Right now there's five people (tentatively) committed to the idea. I'd like to get at least eight people, I'd prefer ten, and I'd take up to twelve. I don't see us getting to twelve, but ten is doable, and eight is probably most likely. With this being on the smaller side, I doubt it will really interfere with any other forum projects. You can do it. I believe in you. Join me. Together let's talk about Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger, Leatherface, Michael Myers, and all the other faceless revenge killers out there.

The thought of sitting through one Freddie or Jason movie wouldn't kill the HoF for me, but watching more than one would, and adding a Scream movie... I just don't think I could take it. I am sure some interesting films will appear though, so I hope this gets off the ground.

I think you'd add an interesting element to the proceedings, but I understand why you don't want to give it a shot. Bad movies seem to have a higher absolute value than good movies, so I know the toll it can take on you when you have to watch movies you just don't like.

I like New Nightmare. Some people don't. I do.
New Nightmare rock !! my second favorite of the series...

I would stomach a balanced number of good and bad movies, but I feel like this genre will give an unbalanced scale. I do look forward to seeing a few of the interesting movies that pop up. But for now I have French New Wave, Ozu, and Anime taking up my plate.

New Nightmare is the draft/first attempt/blueprint/whatever for Scream. I really like it, but I'd put both Nightmare and Nightmare 3 above it in the series. It has a very different feel to the rest of them, though.