Lets Talk Football

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Oh, I know. But that's not enough for us. Or rather, it's not enough for people who support other Premier League clubs. I'm betting Wrexham fans couldn't give a monkeys who wins the Premier League.

The money is shared out much more evenly too, as opposed to Spain and, I think Italy. It's about the league rather than the individual clubs. Or, it was when the league was formed. I think the winners get about £18m and the bottom club with get about £1.5. When you think about the kind of money the top clubs, mainly but not exclusively United and Liverpool, could earn from making their own deals (ala Barca, Real, Juve, etc) they're losing tens if not hundreds of millions of pounds per year. But it does make for a better league, IMO.

If you look at Deloitte's last top 30 richest clubs in the world (2013/14), 14 of them are Premier League teams, whereas three of them are Spanish and Barca and Real are both in the top 4 (Atletico being the other at 15. Four German, four Italian, two French one Portuguese and one Turkish make up the rest. If you don't know which Portuguese team it is, don't look as you won't like it.) but I think the feeling over here is what's the point in being the 17th richest team in the world if you won't finish higher than 6th in the league?
Oh, I know Benfica is richer! And has all the support by the media and the instituitons... That makes me feel even better when I look for the recent past of the both clubs! We do more with less!

Make a better place
I'm not Italian, but I'm in love with Juve, Serie A, and Italian national team, I may even love them more than Italians

I admit the (current) Juventus is the weakest in the last four, but I see this as an advantage because that would absorb the pressure from Juve's players, Juve have no pressure, have nothing to loose.

I think They can make it to the final, especially if they face one of the Spanish giants, and the reason is that they are still fighting for their La Leagua championship and that might force them to play with all their key players in all league matches which might expose them to injuries and drain their enrgies. Unlike Juve & Byren who have practically won the Scodetto and the German title

Care for some gopher?
CL semifinals: Barcelona - Bayern and Juventus - Real.

So the final is Bayern - Real, then.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
CL semifinals: Barcelona - Bayern and Juventus - Real.

So the final is Bayern - Real, then.
You wish. Juve v I honestly don't care who.

wow that's a great result for us against Man U!
Everton need some decent wins even just for making the fans feel better and they don't come much better than a home win against Man Utd (except of course a derby win). It's not often we score so many goals either so well done the Blues

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm sure Brendan was praying for a Toffees win too.

If only Everton had started the season the way they're finishing it, eh?

This just shows how detrimental the Europa League is to teams. I'm sure Everton fans will be quite pleased with how the season has gone though, one of my friends here in Cardiff is from Liverpool and supports Everton, he's been to a lot of their away games in Europe and has loved it, I suppose it's something new and worth sacrificing a few places in the league.

So today is the big day! In an hour starts the title match between Porto and benfica! Just hope we know how to use the result of Tuesday as a tonic to win today!!! We usually respond well to losses!

Horrible day. Congrats to Everton. I thought any outcome was possibly (win/lose/draw) as United's away form is poor this season and Everton's home form since the start of the year has been good, but I didn't expect 3-0 to either team.

At least I know Christine enjoyed it.

I'm sure Brendan was praying for a Toffees win too.

If only Everton had started the season the way they're finishing it, eh?
yes, if only, if only...

Glad your mates had a good time at the European matches Daniel. We had a good run there playing some excellent football

commiserations HK , I all too often know how you feel this afternoon x

No chance of them losing a game in the last four? Obviously from the way the fans were cheering at the end they don't think so. What was that about between the managers at the end? it all seemed fine and then got a little nasty. Last I saw it looked like you manager was waiting for him in the tunnel.

Mourinho with another crack at Arsenal: "I think boring is 10 years without a title - that's boring. If you support a club and you wait, wait, wait for so many years without a Premier League title, then that's boring."

Mourinho with another crack at Arsenal: "I think boring is 10 years without a title - that's boring. If you support a club and you wait, wait, wait for so many years without a Premier League title, then that's boring."
Trolling Arsenal is always fun.

No chance of them losing a game in the last four? Obviously from the way the fans were cheering at the end they don't think so. What was that about between the managers at the end? it all seemed fine and then got a little nasty. Last I saw it looked like you manager was waiting for him in the tunnel.
We lost 2-0 home and draw 0-0 there so, in case they lose a game, they will still be in front! We'd need them to lose at least 4 points in the last 4 games... And they have 4 easy games! It's pretty much over, 30 years later benf*** will won 2 in a row! It's going to be interesting to see how will we respond to this...

benfica's manager is disgusting and ours has been receiving a lot of pressure... It happens quite often between the managers of this 2 clubs... I think it's quite hard for someone who isn't portuguese to understand the rivalry of these 2 clubs...

Congrats to Bournemouth. Promotion to the Premier League all but assured bar a 20 goal swing in favour of the third placed club. It's the first time in the clubs history that they've been promoted to the top tier of English football and only three or four years since they nearly went out of business. It's a great story.