When do you think the superhero flick fad is going to die?

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Age of Ultron will probably be one of the top three grossing movies of all time.
After seeing what F7 made opening weekend, I would lay a sum that Ultron will break $200 mil.

The time frames we are talking about you should be more concerned about the death of movies as a relevant artform. The last movie to play in the last cinema will probably be a superhero flick. Maybe not a DC or Marvel comics film, but a superhero film of some description. It is an amazing genre that combines our love of exceptional people and unworldly visuals, can be endlessly combined with other genres for freshness, and has decades worth of proven stories to mine.

How much similarity is there between GotG, DoFP and The Winter Soldier for people to get sick of?
You're right that there's a good amount of variety out there in terms of superhero films - a lot of the films though (such the Marvel films) are pretty similar in that they follow fairly predictable plots and try way to hard to 'play it safe' rather than doing something more original. (For example in Winter Soldier I knew right away that Nick Fury wasn't dead, because I knew that the studio didn't have the balls to kill off a main character).

And ironically a lot of the ones which tried to 'be different' (like Watchman) ended up getting hit harder by the critics

This is because Superhero films have huge momentum now and we can see no signs of even the beginnings of their decline. Age of Ultron will probably be one of the top three grossing movies of all time. Is that evidence of a "bubble burst"? They have a vast future ahead of them. Marvel has barely stopped relying on their most popular characters. No one has even yet created an original superhero concept for film. The exploration of mixing genres with superheroes has only just started. We have only recently developed the special effects that do superheros justice, and they are always getting better.

If you don't like superheroes, best get over it, because it's only just begun.
Don't think I just "hate superhero films", I'm just thinking quality over quantity here - you made a great point about there being plenty of material and stories to work with; so far though there have been a lot more 'generic' super hero films than there have been really original ones.

I like Bond films but if studios were producing 3 Bond films every year I'd probably quit watching them; I'd rather have a superhero movie every couple years more like the Dark Knight (I know not everyone was big on the gritty style, but it's one of my favorite superhero flicks) - than 3-4 per year which all feel the same, or which reboot the same characters ad infinitum when they run out of ideas.

I mean c'mon - 3 separate Spiderman reboots in just a decade?

If you take it literally, broadly, people really do love superheros so much that my prediction about the last film in the last cinema is very likely accurate — that is, if you take Hercules and Robin Hood as prototypical superheros. But I'll stick to comic-book superhero movies for the sake of discussion.

The James Bond comparison is awful. You're comparing a whole genre to one character, one series. Even if you just compare to Marvel: they release two movies a year in the same universe but have six titles that vary in characters, tone, even sub-genre. Are Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy really the same sort of film?

On that point, I disagree that they all feel the same. The Dark Knight. Iron Man. Dredd. Kick-Ass. The Wolverine. Days of Future Past. Amazing Spider-Man. The Avengers. Are they that similar?

so far though there have been a lot more 'generic' super hero films than there have been really original ones.
That's true of all films. In a few years when there are ten superhero films coming out each year it's your choice to only watch the good ones.

Speaking of which, let's consider the future. Next year are Captain America: Civil War and X-Men Apocalypse, sequels to two of the best superhero films ever (and directed and produced by the same people), There are three new titles: Deadpool, a violent, fourth-wall breaking passion-project for Ryan Reynolds; Doctor Strange, a well loved and talented lead with a horror film director making Kevin Fiege's passion-project; and Gambit. Finally, DC/Warner Brothers are pushing in hard with Suicide Squad, a super-villain ensemble starring pretty massive actors, and Batman v. Superman nuff said.

I'm just saying, I'm looking forward to it.

I mean c'mon - 3 separate Spiderman reboots in just a decade?
Well, 15 years.

Stephen S DeKnight makes the point well:

http://www.indiewire.com/article/how...son-2-20150410

Do you feel like we're reaching a saturation point? And are you sick of people asking you if there's a saturation point?

James Gunn went through this after the infamous Oscar hullabaloo about, you know, ******** all over superhero movies and the disdain for that big filmmaking. I think it's absolutely ridiculous. I think if you look at the landscape of those movies and television, the superhero genre occupies a relatively small section of that pie. To me, saying that "Oh, there's too many superhero comic book based movies and series" is saying, "Ah, there's too many comedies! Ah, there's too many period dramas!" There's plenty of room for everybody. I think part of the backlash against it is because, especially in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it's so successful. Nothing will make people crazier than something being massively successful, especially when you feel maybe you're not creatively a part of that. So, no. I don't think it's saturated at all. I think as long as different kinds of stories are told under the umbrella of the superhero genre, I think it'll do quite fine.

Especially since, the thing is, that they're all just human stories.

Exactly! Exactly. You know, you can't do five different variations of "Smallville" and put it on TV at the same time. Then you're oversaturated because you're hitting the same note. But now, I think there's enough variation that makes it very interesting, and I'm hoping that the addition of a TV-MA series geared a little more adult — which is not disparage any of the other shows on, which I think are all great — but it occupies a different corner

Valiant Universe. Google :Bloodshot,' 'Harbinger' Comics to Get Film Treatment From Sony, Valiant Entertainment (Exclusive) . I cannot post links yet.

An another universe. But barely superheroes.No capes and least in the comics people die. also i cannot imagine the first movie not being R rated.