Ant-Man

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I have been on board for the majority of the Marvel productions. The Thor movies are the only ones that never really excited me. Natalie Portman is the reason I watched the first and I still haven't seen Dark World.

Ant-Man had me excited, but it is waning. I'm not an Edgar Wright fan club member, but it was guaranteed to be entertaining. These little snippets that keep getting released are making me think otherwise.

Emphasizing the camera techniques and how it is going to present a film unlike any other. Judy Greer saying in an article that it is going to be really funny movie.

I hope I am wrong on all counts, but it's not getting done any favors coming after Ultron.

Looks a lot like Iron Man in that picture

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
not liking the look of this at all. This doesn't tie in to The Avengers does it?.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Finished here. It's been fun.
The ending made me laugh, but the rest of the trailer is just sooo...bland. That's the only word I can use to describe it. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first Marvel movie that bombed at the box office.

This just seems too silly, stupid and far-fetched for me to care.

But then again I thought GotG seemed weird and "off", which was just what made it awesome. Still, I can't take minidudes in rubbersuits fighting each other seriously. "The world as we know it, is in danger"... Yeah, in danger of another potty plant falling over...

I think I would've been all-in for this if it was still helmed by Edgar Wright. He would've pulled off the balance between silly and serious in a great way I think. I also think he had the right mindset for such film. He was probably only kicked off because he wouldn't agree to make a movie that looks and feels exactly like the rest of them. Anyways, I'm looking forward to some reviews for this.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
The ending made me laugh, but the rest of the trailer is just sooo...bland. That's the only word I can use to describe it. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first Marvel movie that bombed at the box office.
I think your right. This will certainly bomb at the box office. I haven't heard any excitement about this movie from anyone. And considering it's release is only round the corner there is no buzz at all.

That's the only word I can use to describe it. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first Marvel movie that bombed at the box office.
I think your right. This will certainly bomb at the box office. I haven't heard any excitement about this movie from anyone. And considering it's release is only round the corner there is no buzz at all.
You've got to be kidding. It's a Marvel movie. They have the brand recognition and they have the marketing budget. That is literally all they need to guarantee this is a success. On top of all that, it has a popular lead and a popular writer based on a story by a popular director. If you are seriously predicting this won't double its budget minimum then you don't know how this works, you haven't thought about it enough, or you have something against Marvel. I bet you Ł100, sincerely. Easy money. If it sucks it might reduce faith in the brand, it might hurt the next original Marvel movie released, but after last year there is no way a Marvel movie won't get people into cinemas.

You've got to be kidding. It's a Marvel movie. They have the brand recognition and they have the marketing budget. That is literally all they need to guarantee this is a success. On top of all that, it has a popular lead and a popular writer based on a story by a popular director. If you are seriously predicting this won't double its budget minimum then you don't know how this works, you haven't thought about it enough, or you have something against Marvel. I bet you Ł100, sincerely. Easy money. If it sucks it might reduce faith in the brand, it might hurt the next original Marvel movie released, but after last year there is no way a Marvel movie won't get people into cinemas.

But this could be said about John Carter, Waterworld, RIPD, 47 Ronin and so on.

Jupiter Ascending is currently losing a ton of money as well. Lost $90m already and it's only been out a couple weeks.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Well doubling it's budget is not what where talking about. This movie will not make close to what marvel has been doing lately. And a popular Directer? Who, Peyton Reed? Who's that. This movie isn't giving of the same vibe and excitement as other movies. Plus in a summer where The Avengers, Jurassic World, Mad Max, and The Terminator is coming out it could get lost.

And Guardians didn't make as much as Avengers. Bomb! I'm saying that you can't possible call it a bomb if it doubles its budget. And it will. End of discussion.

But this could be said about John Carter, Waterworld, RIPD, 47 Ronin and so on.
None of those had "Marvel" attached to the opening credits.

Lots of people said Guardians would bomb and they couldn't have been more wrong.

Nope, this will make at least $200 million in the US alone.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
John Carter was based on a series of books most people have never heard of, the director had never done live action before, and had a sloppy at best marketing campaign from what I've heard. Ant-Man should do fine at box office due to brand name alone, I'm just not convinced it'll be a good movie. The trailer makes it look like a mashup of Iron Man and Honey I Shrunk The Kids and not in a good way. Guardians of the Galaxy was ridiculous, sure, but it was whole lot of fun too. Ant-Man manages to look ridiculous and boring at the same time.

John Carter was based on a series of books most people have never heard of, the director had never done live action before, and had a sloppy at best marketing campaign from what I've heard. Ant-Man should do fine at box office due to brand name alone, I'm just not convinced it'll be a good movie. The trailer makes it look like a mashup of Iron Man and Honey I Shrunk The Kids and not in a good way. Guardians of the Galaxy was ridiculous, sure, but it was whole lot of fun too. Ant-Man manages to look ridiculous and boring at the same time.
John Carter also had a bland non-superhero name. It also only had a 60% audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes versus Guardians whopping 93%!

Rodant, given the Marvel brand and, if Ant-man is even remotely good, it will not bomb. In fact, it can be the worst yet of all the Marvel films and people will flock to it. Remember, these films are all a part of the bigger picture of the Marvel Cinematic universe and people simply are not yet tired of that world. It will make hundreds of millions just based on the number of people who want to see how it ties in to the rest of the films.

I didn't say it would bomb. I was just saying to sam250 that just because "it's a Marvel movie" doesn't mean it is a certainty.

If the trailer looks as dull as it does, it may not have the initial pull on opening weekend.