Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Escape Plan interesting movie but predictable

Fury (2014) - David Ayer

- Honestly one of the best war movie that I ever seen. Still shocked by many scenes and especially by the ending. The entire cast is truly admirable and the entire movie is a beauty.

Care for some gopher?
Sound of My Voice (USA, 2011, Zal Batmanglij) -

Mystery film about a couple who joins a cult trying to reveal its leader.
The movie itself is only moderately interesting but it starrs Brit Marling, one of my favourite actresses (and soo beautiful! ).

Fury (2014) - David Ayer

- Honestly one of the best war movie that I ever seen. Still shocked by many scenes and especially by the ending. The entire cast is truly admirable and the entire movie is a beauty.
4 stars from me. Would have been 5 if it weren't for the unneeded house scenes.

No, not all of them...three or four I think...please suggest a few...
Porco Rosso
Wind Rises
Spirited Away
My Neighbor Totoro
Castle in the Sky (captures very well the spirit of childlike wonder and grand adventure)

My fav. movie is the fourth one on that list. Porco Rosso is Miyazaki's only film made for "tired middle aged men".

Birdman (2014)

Nice combination of entertainment and originality. It's a movie that stands out, and I can understand it's best picture win. I would consider it a comedy more than anything else. Great job by the cast, especially Ed Norton and Michael Keaton. The musical score was a little too present, and bordering on annoying at times.

Master of My Domain
The Isle (2003)

Was pretty disappointed with this one. I already knew of its reputation for being extremely violent, not that I had a problem and I wasn't disturbed, I'm used to it, but it was distracting. The movie has a lot of interesting themes and all the blood did was interfere it. The peaceful and moving atmosphere of SSFW&S wasn't there. The characters were unrelateable and weak too in my opinion.

Whiplash (2014)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Fires on the Plain (1959) - Kon Ichikawa

A bunch of deserted Japanese soldiers end up killing each-other for meat in the mountains of Philippines during the second world war...very cruel, shocking and real...good that it holds nothing back...

8 out of 10

Rikyu (1989) - Hiroshi Teshigahara

This was disappointing, this is not the Teshigahara I liked...here he is certain, fixed and dragging...it doesn't flow, it doesn't attack, it doesn't take risks...it doesn't take a Teshigahara to make Rikyu, anyone of his contemporaries could have done it and the chances are that would have been a better one...it just doesn't seem like his subject...

5 out of 10

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
They Shoot Horses, Don't They? - 10/10

This movie encapsulates everything in life. What a great story, maybe the best script ever. It takes place in 1928 (released in 1969), but it doesn't lose any relevance, which isn't a good sign. The film's main theme is exploitation, and how far we've gone from humanity. I almost was going to write a LONG review, but I started watching it, and just wanted to enjoy it. I might watch it again in a few days with the subtitles on, just in case I missed a word - it does have a lot of funny, smart, satiric lines. And I think each person will take it their own way - a defeatist would say this is a negative movie, a person who might a little more idealist could watch this and think "No, I'm not going to be a cog in the wheel and try to enjoy life as much as possible."

It's a very easy movie to read, but you really have to pay attention. Every single shot, word, etc., is very important. Full of symbolism and metaphors.

If I had one last message, this is would be the film I'd recommend.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Who Framed Roger Rabbit? - 9/10; could've been a 10/10 if the acting and story were slightly better, and I do mean only slightly!