Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I read Sam Presti say that Durant isn't coming along as expected, and that he's out indefinitely. 2 weeks ago they estimated he'd be back in 2 weeks, so when the two weeks were up, I guess they're saying this to avoid any timetables, and to put a stop to reporters' asking questions.

Durant quit USA Basketball the minute Paul George got injured (who is coming back soon) and said it had nothing to do with that.. He even made a documentary in the wake of a 300 million dollar shoe deal by Under Armor, and went out of his way to explain and explain..

I think the Olympics should go back to non-professional players like it was before 1992.

Yeah, the first dream team was fun but past that I don't know if I have ever watched a full minute of olympic basketball. Not fun.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm still upset that Isiah was left off that team.

Like you said, it wasn't fun watching them beat teams like Angola by 50 points, though I remember them losing in 2002 at the Worlds, and they lost when they had Larry Brown in 2004 I believe.

The NBA season is long enough, and both programs suffer as a result.

I only just got into basketball so I'm pretty new, but am getting addicted as well.

I only just got into basketball so I'm pretty new, but am getting addicted as well.
I didn't watch for a few years until I started watching the C's again halfway through last year. What team do you like?

I didn't realize how deep into the Cs you were cricket. Impressive. How much do you love Marcus Smart?
He's the heart and soul of the team. They must retain him and trade Terry Rozier.

Let the night air cool you off
He's the heart and soul of the team. They must retain him and trade Terry Rozier.
He's a lot of fun to watch, so I'd be disappointed if they let him go. It's frustrating that the Celtics didn't have a healthy Kyrie (and Gordon too), because I really wanted them to make it to the Finals once the Sixers were out. Rockets vs Celtics would be straight up 1980's and I'd've been down with that.

Cavs-Warriors IV coming up! Hooray.....I guess

I wouldn't trade Rozier. Guys got a lot of talent, just had a really bad game yesterday.
It's not that I want to, but they're going to have to especially if they keep Smart. You can't pay and play everyone, and his value will never be higher. Of course, they could possibly choose him over Smart.

Let the night air cool you off
It's not that I want to, but they're going to have to especially if they keep Smart. You can't pay and play everyone, and his value will never be higher. Of course, they could possibly choose him over Smart.
Yeah, but I think it'd be a huge mistake to choose Rozier over Smart if it comes down to that. Smart adds way too much diversity to get rid of, plus he has that mythological intangibles quality. Plus he just gets after it. He is hard-nosed. He can get under the opponent's skin. His offensive game isn't the greatest, but with Kyrie playing, you can cover that up. I think he is one of those guys that you just feel good about him being on your team, and you'd probably hate playing against him. If he does go somewhere else, you better hope you never have to play against him in a series. He's gonna be getting in that ass. If Gordon is back next year, that trio is nasty plus you have Al Horford. It'll be another great year.

I also think Smart is the smarter player and probably more comfortable coming off the bench. Rozier believes he's a starter now, and he probably is. If the starting backcourt remains Irving and Brown, there's just not enough minutes for the four. I say keep the defensive stopper since there will be plenty of offensive options. Rozier is also very ball dominant for a motion offense.

I didn't watch for a few years until I started watching the C's again halfway through last year. What team do you like?
Kind of fell into Warriors fandom 'cause my closest friends are Warriors fans. That said, I have enjoyed the other teams too. Rockets were really good.

I think I most enjoy the respect they give each other after a game. It was cool seeing LeBron hug Tatum the other night. That kid seems to have a bright future ahead of him, yeah?

Kind of fell into Warriors fandom 'cause my closest friends are Warriors fans.
I don't like Durant but I do like their other players.

I think I most enjoy the respect they give each other after a game. It was cool seeing LeBron hug Tatum the other night. That kid seems to have a bright future ahead of him, yeah?
He's going to be a superstar and it's fun to root for players before their heads get too big. He just needs to mature and get stronger, and work on his left a little bit.

I like Golden State and I hate the Cavs and Lebron, so no need to say who I'm rooting for. Now as for how the Cavs made it to the Finals, I'm extremely disappointed. I know the Celtics are going to be a beast of a team next year and that they exceeded expectations this year given the circumstances, but I still don't get what they were doing in the second quarter of that last game. They'd built a 12 point lead and the Cavs were ready to be put away. Then all of a sudden they start walking the ball up the court. Rozier would just be stepping over the half-court line when the shot clock was already done to 16 seconds. They totally let up on the Cavs, gave them a chance to regroup, and start chipping away at the lead. What were they thinking?! Attack, for god's sake! Keep the pace up. So instead of pushing the lead up toward 20 points, it was done to only 4 at halftime.

I know they missed a whole lot of shots, but that's also what happens when you let yourself get out of your rhythm and suddenly you're playing in desperation to try to hang onto a lead. It was very, very disappointing. They didn't do that crap in the first two games. Hence the reason they won them.

Oh, well. I needed to rant a little. The good news is they should be an incredible team next year, and they really missed having Irving at certain times that series.