Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm looking forward to the playoffs, especially as some of the injured players come back. I wish my Pistons were there, but they have been awful lately.

I can't remember the last time Atlanta or GS had the best records in their conferences, and I think all the match-ups in the West will be exciting. I'm hoping the Heat (a team I didn't like) make it, because of Bosh going down, and to see how Dragic fits.

I will be excited to watch Curry in the playoffs this year. Being close to Atlanta I will be paying close attention to the East as well. My knicks are horrendous so I don't have a dog in the fight but playoff time is always great. I never thought I would be the guy that doesn't watch the regular season but that is what I have become the last few seasons. Every game seems so uneventful in the regular season now. I miss the 90's.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Not too much. Until my Bucks become relevant again, anyways.

That being said, the NCAA is much better and it's been a very exciting tournament. My bracket is obviously in shambles like every other year.

I was a really big NBA fan for awhile, but a couple years ago I kinda fell out of it for some reason. I still watch it casually though.

The Houston Rockets are my team, I'll definitely be paying attention to them in the playoffs (sucks what happened to them last year)

Harden for MVP!

The Bucks screwed up trading a guy like Brandon Knight. They improved so much from last year, even considering losing the #2 pick, and Larry Sanders.

I wonder how the Rockets are with Howard? If he comes in and does most of his work on the defensive end, rebounding, protecting the rim, setting good screens, scoring off alley-oops and missed shots, they should be in a good spot.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The Bucks screwed up trading a guy like Brandon Knight. They improved so much from last year, even considering losing the #2 pick, and Larry Sanders.

I wonder how the Rockets are with Howard? If he comes in and does most of his work on the defensive end, rebounding, protecting the rim, setting good screens, scoring off alley-oops and missed shots, they should be in a good spot.
I agree with Knight. I've never liked Michael Carter Williams. Knight would have been a solid player. Sad that they thought they couldn't afford him, but that's why they will never be relevant probably. You can pay a boatload to Sanders, but not to Knight

I think with him being out for awhile and Harden dominating like he is, it's a given that they're gonna make Howard the defensive workhorse while Harden handles the other side of the court. Before his injury, they tried to have him be a bigger offensive presence but now he'll probably be almost strictly defensive.

MCW is a pass-first, but Brandon is a better shooter than MCW is as a passer.. And Knight was a hell of a defender when he was here with Detroit. How lucky you guys were not only to get rid of Jennings, but to get Knight AND Middleton who is turning out be a good player.

Sanders was a hell of a player, but he has issues. I only wonder who else they could have had, as Sanders could have been signed and traded. He might not ever play basketball again, I think he's more concerned with his personal well-being, as most guys would have taken the minimum to play for a contender.

The Pistons were a half game away from the 8th spot, until we traded for Reggie Jackson. I watched the trade deadline special, and everyone said how great it was for Detroit.. Wrong...

I think with him being out for awhile and Harden dominating like he is, it's a given that they're gonna make Howard the defensive workhorse while Harden handles the other side of the court. Before his injury, they tried to have him be a bigger offensive presence but now he'll probably be almost strictly defensive.
How has Harden been on defense? I know in previous years he was one of the worst.. Houston has a good team all around, plenty of guys who do the non-statistical stuff.. The deflections, the hustle, defense, including several guys who score in double figures.

Patrick Beverly is hell for opposing teams. The guy is fearless, plays so hard, probably the best defender at the 1. We waive Smith, and he seems to be helping the Rockets out. I think Detroit is just a weigh station... The weather is one of the worst, high crime, bad economy, and the longest losing drought..

Anyone in favor of getting rid of the lottery odds? I'm tired of certain teams tanking. I also wouldn't mind going 1-16 regardless of the conference. They never play back to backs..

How has Harden been on defense? I know in previous years he was one of the worst.. Houston has a good team all around, plenty of guys who do the non-statistical stuff.. The deflections, the hustle, defense, including several guys who score in double figures.

Patrick Beverly is hell for opposing teams. The guy is fearless, plays so hard, probably the best defender at the 1. We waive Smith, and he seems to be helping the Rockets out. I think Detroit is just a weigh station... The weather is one of the worst, high crime, bad economy, and the longest losing drought..

Anyone in favor of getting rid of the lottery odds? I'm tired of certain teams tanking. I also wouldn't mind going 1-16 regardless of the conference. They never play back to backs..
He's improved but still not great, with Howard back leading the defense, I believe the Rockets have the potential to be a championship contender. And yeah Pat Beverly is awesome!

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I went to the season opener for the Hornets this year. Live games have so much juice, compared to any other viewing experience. I follow the NBA, but will rarely watch a full game outside of the playoffs.

I'll say cavs in six over the rockets. I would love to see the warriors but that's a couple years off. Lebron is still the best player in the world.

Yeah, Lebron is still the best... I'd put Anthony Davis at #2.. I wasn't the biggest Westbrook fan because of his shot selection sometimes, trying to do it all himself, but he plays harder than anyone. I like toughness..

I'm really undecided on the West. GS has been really great on defense because of Bogut, he hasn't been injured. Klay Thompson is just as important as Curry. He's been shooting a higher percentage than Curry for one, and he doesn't get the double-screens Curry does. Steph has to be put on the worst offensive player, while Klay guards the best. Gotta give Steve Kerr a lot of credit. Mark Jackson is a hypocrite who told his team to either practice to go to his church while he's cheating on his wife. Kerr seems to have learned a lot from Phil just by his humor, and all the mentions about things outside of basketball.

The best defensive team always wins the title..

I'll say cavs in six over the rockets. I would love to see the warriors but that's a couple years off. Lebron is still the best player in the world.
Houston lost in the 1st round, I don't think they can make it to the Finals. It will take a few games for Dwight and the team to get acclimated. They have a good supporting cast, but if they double-team Harden, it would be like what opposing teams did to Chicago when they doubled Rose, it hurt the flow, and that great offense because stagnant.

Who do you believe in in the west? SA again? I haven't watched Portland this year, but I didn't like them very much last year. I still think GS is too young.

I think the champs are always a contender, and the Spurs constantly show them come up strong in the playoffs except when they went up against Memphis, a great team as well.

I agree with GS being too young. Besides that, playoff basketball is much slower, as GS plays with lots of possessions. Portland has a really good team as well. Wesley Matthew was the heart and soul of that team, but Aaron Afflalo is the closest to his kind of play.

I have a feeling Durant might not even play. He's in the last year of his contract and might just rather be extra careful.