Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Tools    

IMO, mainstream comedies are the absolute worst type of film being made these days.
I get what you're saying... there's something about a lot of these movies that just look sucky to me. On the other hand, there's been some stuff I love, and there's been crap in the past, too. So.... ?

I do not want to watch a Ghostbusters film that feels like a Judd Apatow movie or resorts to gross out humor or any of the other tropes that run rampant in Hollywood comedies.
This is why the idea of a female-driven, Melissa McCarthy Ghostbusters movie is downright scary.

GOD. If it was even 1999 and you time traveled there and told people there was going to be another Ghostbusters movie, but starring a fat woman and no men, imagine the grossed out reaction.

This movie is coming with an agenda. It was thought up as a politically correct movie. It's going to have all women (because women should take over everything a man does) and it's going to have fat women (because fat people, even if there's a fat joke in the movie, are always above humor and you can't really make fun of them anymore).

They would have had four gay Ghostbusters, I'm sure, but I don't think society's completely ready for that, yet. I would not be surprised if one of the female Ghostbuster characters is a lesbian or bisexual, though. Wait for it.

And I'm not anti-woman, anti-fat people, anti-gay -- I just know what they're doing. They're taking something old and putting it back out there with an agenda on it. That's why this is happening, I believe. And saying, "Well, there could have always been four female Ghostbusters!" is just a coverup. There very well could have been, but Ghostbusters started life as a guy thing -- with four guys. A girl or two added to a group of new Ghostbusters would be okay, but this exclusion of men at all to the Ghostbusters lineup is just a hostile takeover. It's an agenda movie.

It's going to bomb big time - it'd be the same as making a film called "Sex and the City 2" starring 4 guys - no one's going to watch it.

It's going to bomb big time - it'd be the same as making a film called "Sex and the City 2" starring 4 guys - no one's going to watch it.
Totally bad analogy because I'd watch that Sex in the City movie.

Welcome to the human race...
Eh, I get the feeling if they rebooted it with four all-new male characters people would still be unhappy about it.

Eh, I get the feeling if they rebooted it with four all-new male characters people would still be unhappy about it.
That's the whole point. The film doesn't need to be rebooted at all. Just having this cast makes it worse.

Wow, is this really still being pursued? It seems like every few months for the past few years we've been told that it's gonna happen, this time for sure. I will be shocked if a great movie comes out of this.

There's now news that a male Ghostbusters in in the works to go alongside the female one.

Channing Tatum is in negotiations... The Russo Brothers (Captain America Winter Soldier and Civil War, also TV series Arrested Development) are set to direct.

Plot twist: it's just the all-female Ghostbusters movie with male actors' faces digitally superimposed on the leads' faces and their dialogue is altered to sound deeper.

Plot twist: it's just the all-female Ghostbusters movie with male actors' faces digitally superimposed on the leads' faces and their dialogue is altered to sound deeper.
Is that real, or are you making some kind of joke?

I will stick to the original ones. Won't spend a dime for that movie.

so is it officially female or male? I see something different everywhere I look.

I'm dropping this here because it makes wonderful points about Ghosbusters. It also applies to the other films, but I don't want to spam all those threads.

This isn't titled 'Ghostbusters 3'. So far it's just tentatively titled so far Ghostbusters and not a direct sequel or even a reboot or whatnot. So another thread that needs a title change. lol

Anyhoo....

Sony and director Paul Feig have cast Chris Hemsworth to play the receptionist in the new female-driven “Ghostbusters” film. Insiders say the studio went to Hemsworth very early on in the process for one of the 'major' male roles but the Aussie actor passed because the role was too small. Since then Sony reworked the script so the part was beefed up.

Production on Ghostbusters is set to start later this summer. It arrives next summer on July 22, 2016.

Source: Variety

They should just call it Ballbusters since it's gonna be an all-female Ghostbusters and no men.

Hmmm... yeah, I won't be seeing this.
What a shame.

Not all females prefer balls. If you get my drift.
I'm not sure you get his drift either, seeing as "busting balls" is slang for giving someone a hard time and has no inherent sexual connotations beyond its reference to, well, balls. Have you not seen Goodfellas?

Also, the fact that Hemsworth wouldn't take the receptionist role unless it was beefed up really amuses me.