Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Garage - 7/10

I loved this movie. There might have been a word or two I couldn't understand, but the movie had a lot of feeling, mostly for the main character. Because he's a nice guy, he's taken advantage of, which is all too common, and that was the sad part. I tend to look at most films in the context of the world, and how the wrong people are taken advantage of. The guy wasn't perfect, but his heart was always in the right place.

Thanks Nenanja!

Mulholland Dr.
David Lynch
Didn't really think much of this movie until a day after I watched it. Definitely a movie I'll need to rewatch again, as I believe it is one of those rare movies that gets better after each viewing. The concept is brilliant, the acting is great, the filming is marvellous too. However, it didn't really grasp my attention until I was 2/3 into it, and that might explain the rating.
+

matt72582 I’m glad you like it!
... btw my name is Nemanja

Duel (TV Movie 1971)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

The Family (2013) - 7/10

Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Fran Rubel Kuzui
Plain horrible. Poor acting, horrible script. Don't really have much to say to be honest.
+

La Collectionneuse (1967)

Not much story; the characters mostly sit around and talk Bs, but I thought it was pretty interesting. It looks good and the performances are good. I think it helped that I had already seen Claire's Knee in a previous Hall of Fame. It's not as good as that, but I liked it.

Whiplash - 10

Ending was incredible!

The Razor's Edge (1946)

4/5

Having trouble locating the 1984 remake with Bill Murray so I thought I'd watch this one first. I really liked the theme and juxtaposition of characters. Some people don't care for movie sets and backgrounds in old movies but I like them because they remind me of the dioramas I used to make in elementary school. Highly recommend if you like watching movies that deal with existentialism, enlightenment, mindfulness and if you like Gene Tierney.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The Razor's Edge (1946)

4/5

Having trouble locating the 1984 remake with Bill Murray so I thought I'd watch this one first. I really liked the theme and juxtaposition of characters. Some people don't care for movie sets and backgrounds in old movies but I like them because they remind me of the dioramas I used to make in elementary school. Highly recommend if you like watching movies that deal with existentialism, enlightenment, mindfulness and if you like Gene Tierney.
Anne Baxter was awesome.

Didn't know that crappy 1984 version was a remake.

Anne Baxter was awesome.

Didn't know that crappy 1984 version was a remake.
Oh dear, I still have yet to see the remake and the bar has been set high already. Yes, Anne Baxter was awesome as Sophie- and also heartbreaking. Her scenes made me cry.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The scene when Gene Tierney sabotages her sobriety was very sad.

Just this second finished the latest X-Men....more of the same really, decent franchise, worth watching a few times.

Master of My Domain
The Producers

Another great film by Mel Brooks. It is kind of messy and sort of overracted and overreacted to make you laugh, a bit more than the usual amount Mel Brooks puts in. Probably because it's one of his first films and his style hasn't been perfectly settled in yet, but also it's because The Producers also works greatly as a satire. Which is also different from tunica Mel Brooks films, as they are mostly parody-based. Overall, I liked it for having lots of humor I love and enjoy from the director, and at the same time very unique.

-

The Wild Bunch (1969)

Loved it! It's not my favourite western ever but it's probably the most fun....and violent.

+
What are your favorite Westerns? I liked McCabe and Mrs. Miller, and for more traditional ones, I really liked Shane and The Professionals.

Atlantic City - 4/10

Kind of a sleazy movie, considering Atlantic City. This was a film I always passed, I only rented it because of Lancaster. I don't think it had a good script. It was funny to hear when Sarandon grabs him, he says "Don't touch the suit" - one of the highlights of the film is when she's switching the radio and you can hear a tenth of a second of The Stylistics' "You Are Everything" - I was pretty proud of myself.

It's too bad that was the last film for Lancaster. Also found it odd that the Golden Lions awarded this movie Best Picture over Ordinary People, Raging Bull, The Shining, Gloria, etc etc.., especially since the first two are really great films.

Seems like something just happened in 1980. John Bonham dies, John Lennon is assassinated, some actor is elected president, drum machines and videos are ruining music, even the music of the 80's is mostly corny, that shiny Strat sound, corny keyboards, fake snares that are louder than the dialogue...