Favorite Movie Quotes?

Tools    

Much that once was is lost
I will just say my signature... :-)

wow I have way too many to list

"June 29th, I got to get in shape now, too much sitting has ruined my body, too much abuse has gone for too long. From now on, I'll do 50 pushups each morning, 50 pull-ups. There'll be no more pills, no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From now it'll be total organization, every muscle must be tight"

"God damn it, Gump! You're a god damn genius! This is the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a ******* I.Q. of 160. You are ******* gifted, Private Gump."

i piss myself every time I watch this scene, funny as hell

Dad, you always told me that an honest man had nothing to fear. So I am trying my best not to be afraid.

Catch Me If You Can

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
"If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love."

"
I know Johnny. I know you want me so bad it's like acid in your mouth. But, not this time."

"
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true."

"
It's basic dog psychology, if you scare them and get them peeing down their leg, they submit. But if you project weakness, that promotes violence, and that's how people get hurt."

"
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll."

Hard to pick just one, but Point Break has to be one of the most quotable movies I've ever seen. So I'll just picked a few from there.

Age can wither me, Noodles. We're both getting old. All that we have left now are our memories. If you go to that party on Saturday night, you won't have those anymore. Tear up that invitation. - Once Upon a Time in America (1984)

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Addison DeWitt from All About Eve

Is it possible, even conceivable, that you've confused me with that gang of backward children you play tricks on, that you have the same contempt for me as you have for them?

The mark of a true killer: Sleep tight, rest easy, and come out fighting.

As always with women who are trying to get information, she told more than she heard.

I am nobody's fool. Least of all, yours.

GREAT--- a failure to communicate, HAH HAH
Attached Images

FIGHT CLUB--- "Do not talk about Fight Club" "Clean food! "and the best of all, Clint Eastwood said to Marsha Mason, Clint says, "Did we fail to mutually nurture each other?" ( he read a lotta women's books.,plus: "Frankly, my Dear, I don't give a damn!" from Gone with the Wind. "As God is my witness, I'll never be poor again!"--Scarlet screams. (Somewhere I got, "People feel murdering or killing someone is too horrible to ever do.ItS the FIRST death that's hard; after that, it's easy." (It's true, though, once you break that rule, & kill a human being, its not forbidden anymore. It becomes EASY. too easy. That's exactly why it's forbidden.)

But this is my favorite, Clint says, "Did we fail to mutually nurture each other?" can you imagine Clint saying that? HAH! funnisst thing i ever heard!

I would try to post the last speech by McBeth, while he's losing the final battle against Burnham Wood, and Lady McBeth has just died;"Day after day, this petty...." (but i'm bad at quoting.) That is one of my fave lines, cause McBeth saw all the futility, and that it all signified nothing.--all the struggle, war, blood-letting, ambition-- it means nothing in the end. Shakespeare saw it.
Attached Images

From Brief Encounter:

"Fred, dear Fred. There's so much that I want to say to you. You're the only one in the world with enough wisdom and gentleness to understand. If only it was somebody else's story and not mine. As it is, you're the only one in the world that I can never tell. Never never. Because even if I waited until we were old, old people and told you then, you'd be bound to look back over the years and be hurt. And my dear, I don't want you to be hurt. You see, we're a happily married couple and let's never forget that. This is my home. You're my husband. And my children are upstairs in bed. I'm a happily married woman - or I was, rather, until a few weeks ago. This is my whole world, and it's enough, or rather, it was until a few weeks ago. But, oh, Fred, I've been so foolish. I've fallen in love. I'm an ordinary woman. I didn't think such violent things could happen to ordinary people."

"I wish you'd stop talking. I wish you'd stop prying and trying to find things out. I wish you were dead - no, I don't mean that. It was silly and unkind, and I shouldn't have said it. But I do wish you'd stop talking."

"I meant to do it, Fred, I really meant to do it. I stood there trembling right on the edge, but I couldn't. I wasn't brave enough. I should like to be able to say that it was the thought of you and the children that prevented me but it wasn't. I had no thoughts at all, only an overwhelming desire not to feel anything ever again. Not to be unhappy anymore. I turned. I went back into the refreshment room. That's when I nearly fainted."

Greatest Sidekick Ever
I was just finished watching Amadeus and it immediately became one of my favorite movies ever. It also has one of my most favorite ending lines of all time:

[Salieri is wheelchaired through the insane asylum]
Salieri: Mediocrities everywhere... I absolve you... I absolve you... I absolve you... I absolve you... I absolve you all.

Pulp Fiction xD

Jules: Well, there's this passage I've got memorized, sorta fits the occasion. Ezekiel 25:17? "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord...

Greatest Sidekick Ever
One of the most heartbreaking and thought-provoking lines of all time in my opinion. From the movie Her:

Samantha:It's like I'm reading a book... and it's a book I deeply love. But I'm reading it slowly now. So the words are really far apart and the spaces between the words are almost infinite. I can still feel you... and the words of our story... but it's in this endless space between the words that I'm finding myself now. It's a place that's not of the physical world. It's where everything else is that I didn't even know existed. I love you so much. But this is where I am now. And this is who I am now. And I need you to let me go. As much as I want to, I can't live in your book any more.

I don't know if it's been done in this thread yet, but one of my favorite quotes ever was from Virtuosity. Sid 6.7 (Russell Crowe) says to Parker Barnes ( Denzel Washington):

"Just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family inside me doesn't mean we can't be friends." Lol. Love it!

Chief Billy Sunday - Men of Honor

"A navy diver is not a fighting man he is a salvage expert, if it's lost underwater he finds it, if it's sunk he brings it up, if it's in the way he moves it, if he's lucky he will die some 200ft beneath the waves for that is the closest he will get to being a hero!"

Grimes: Well now, what'ya suppose hell's gonna look like?
John Russell: We all die, just a question of when.--Hombre (1967)

Butch: Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.--Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)

Harry Callahan: Yeah, I've been following him on my own time. And anybody can tell I didn't do that to him.
Chief: How?
Harry Callahan: Cause he looks too damn good, that's how!--Dirty Harry (1971)

Michael: Stanley, see this? This is this. This ain't something else. This is this. From now on, you're on your own.--The Deer Hunter (1978)

Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: What's wrong with your lip?
Bubba: I was born with big gums, sir.
Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: Well, you better tuck that in. Gonna get that caught on a tripwire.--Forrest Gump (1994)