Upcoming Movies on TV Thread

Tools    

One Of Our Aircraft Is Missing, Film4+1, 5:50pm (or in about 30 minutes)
Turner & Hooch, Film4, 6:55pm
R.E.D., E4, 10pm
East Is East, More4, 10pm
The Rock, 5*, 10pm
Gladiator, ITV1, 10:40pm
District 9, Film4, 10:50pm
Papillon, BBC2, 11:35pm
Dog Soldiers, C4, 12:25am
Metropolis, Film4, 1am

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Saturday on TCM (I'll always refer to ET)
2pm- A Face in the Crowd (9/10)
4:15 pm- Psycho (I didn't care for it, but I'm sure there are some fans)
6:15pm- Dr. Strangelove (Kubrick is one of my favorites, but this movie isn't)
8pm - Roman Holiday (I keep putting off this film)

matt's right, that is a really great film.

The King's Speech, FIlm4, 9pm
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011), ITV2, 10pm
Control (2007), Channel4, 12:55am
eXistenZ, horror channel, 2:25am

Sunday on TCM

10am - Mr. Deeds Goes To Town (#10 film of all-time)
4:30pm - Marty (8/10) - Only wished it was longer
I've never seen Marty...it's been on watchlist a LONG time.

Marty...teleplay shown on The Philco-Goodyear Television Playhouse (1953) Rod Steiger as Marty

(sorry for inserting the video, I tried to just insert the link, how do I do that?)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5kL2afMZ9SQ

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Marty...teleplay shown on The Philco-Goodyear Television Playhouse (1953) Rod Steiger as Marty

(sorry for inserting the video, I tried to just insert the link, how do I do that?)

To make it into a link instead of a video, you have to change the "www" part of the link to "m". (I think that makes it a "mobile" link.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5kL2afMZ9SQ

How come I didn't know that? It works, thanks!

BTW I don't have a mobile device but I can still click on your link and see the video.

Anyway this is the first version of Marty with Rod Steiger. It's interesting and a bit different.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
How come I didn't know that? It works, thanks!

BTW I don't have a mobile device but I can still click on your link and see the video.

It will still work if you don't have a mobile device. I think it's just supposed to make it easier for people with mobile devices. I only know about it because that's the link we use for song tournaments.

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out. I like Rod Steiger, and loved Marty that it'd be really interesting see another version, but admit I would be hesitant if it was remade now, but would probably still check it out.

I probably would not watch a modern remake. Steiger's Marty is more pensive with a restrained anger. At least that's how I seen it. Where as Borgnine played it more down trodden and powerless. I liked the Bornine version better and Marty is a great movie....The earlier Steiger version is worth a watch, though the video quality is poor.

TCM
8pm - Witness For the Prosecution (6/10) - Probably my least favorite Billy Wilder drama, but still worth one watch.

10:15pm - Laura - I've never seen this movie, but I remember it being on a few people's Top 10.

12am - Klute - I have this movie, but just haven't watched it.