New Top 100 movies of all genres that I appreciate

→ in
Tools    

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is the exact kind of narrative that I don't think works well as a movie. The story is so profoundly introverted that an almost purely extroverted medium like film cannot possibly do it justice. I found it coming off as awkward and silly at times through no fault of its own: simply because it was a film trying to express something that film is not well equipped to express. It was certainly an interesting experience, and parts of it really did work out well (such as entering Bat Country), but it largely fell flat for me, whereas the novel did not.
I thought that the first time I saw the film because I was such a fan of the book . Sat there tutting, but then since have seen it quite a few times now it's one of my favourite films.
Also think impersonating Hunter S. Thompson affected Johnny Depp so much that he never left it behind. He uses it everywhere. I can see touches of Thompson in everything he does now!

[/quote]
I have to admit that Borat is a guilty pleasure of mine...the film is so politically incorrect and so edgy that it seems wrong to be entertained by it, but the movie does make me laugh.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I think it's sensible even after 2 months. We see new (or older) movies all the time, and... our opinions change, so good on ya.

As for Borat, I prefer "Da Ali G Show" - the movie isn't bad, but I don't like crass for crass' sake.

#11:

Sinister (2012)

Director: Scott Derrickson
Writers: Scott Derrickson, C. Robert Cargill
Stars: Ethan Hawke, Juliet Rylance, James Ransone | See full cast and crew »

- Awesome horror flick from the present decade. Ethan Hawke give a nice performance.Storyline with many great scenes and some nice jumps. I love the vilain and truly cannot wait for the sequel. This movie rock.

#12:

American Sniper(2014)

Director: Clint Eastwood
Writers: Jason Hall, Chris Kyle (book), 2 more credits »
Stars: Bradley Cooper, Sienna Miller, Kyle Gallner | See full cast and crew »

- If you leave all the controversy behind this movie aside, you can easily saw a very good movie. I don't know the real version of the story of Chris Kyle (real life) but this movie represant the mental of a soldier when they go to the war and when they come back home and I really appreciate that point. Also like the fighting scenes which are very realistic.

[/quote]

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I haven't seen Sinister yet but I've heard good things about it. I don't really watch Horror movies because recent ones all just look the same.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

I really like Mindhunters, as do most of the people I've shown it/recommended it to, but depending on your definition, good might be stretching it.

I haven't seen Sinister yet but I've heard good things about it. I don't really watch Horror movies because recent ones all just look the same.
Sinister was a Big suprise for me simply because modern horror movies are in general not very good and the storyline are awful but Sinister and The Conjuring are in my opinion two of the best movie of the last decade.

@NWA yes it's very good if you want to watch a nice popcorn action/thriller

#13:

The Crow (1994)

Director: Alex Proyas
Writers: James O'Barr (comic book series and comic strip), David J. Schow (screenplay), 1 more credit »
Stars: Brandon Lee, Michael Wincott, Rochelle Davis | See full cast and crew »

- Awesome stylish fantasy/action movie with incredible Costumes and Special Effects. I also love the universe and the colors put in the film. RIP Brandon Lee

#14:

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)

Director: Gore Verbinski
Writers: Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio, 4 more credits »
Stars: Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley | See full cast and crew »

- I love those movies! A guilty pleasures to watch and Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) is completely awesome. It's a movie I probably watch a thousand time and love it each time. Davy Jones is great as the vilain in this flick.

Wasn't aware that Jack Sparrow was in the Crow . Seriously though The Crow is fantastic, i've loved it since i caught it on TV as a kid and it reminded me of the 1989 Batman. Dead Mans Chest is terrible, The Curse of the Black Pearl was pretty fun; but the sequels were really bad.

Love The Crow and Sinister is good too!

I've only seen Black Pearl from the Pirate's series and I loved that.

Can't wait to see American Sniper.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I forget which Pirates Of The Caribbean movie is which, but there all great fun. That's a movie I actually forgot about when I created my top 100.

I've never seen the Crow.

#15:

Identity (2003)

Director: James Mangold
Writer: Michael Cooney
Stars: John Cusack, Ray Liotta, Amanda Peet | See full cast and crew »

- A brilliant Thriller with some awesome scenes and nice acting. One Of the best twist ending I've ever seen.

#16:

Mirrors (2008)

Director: Alexandre Aja
Writers: Alexandre Aja (screenplay), Grégory Levasseur (screenplay) (as Gregory Levasseur) , 1 more credit »
Stars: Kiefer Sutherland, Paula Patton, Amy Smart | See full cast and crew »

- A guilty pleasure that I really appreciate for his storyline and Kiefer is pretty good in it.

#17:

Shutter Island (2010)

Director: Martin Scorsese
Writers: Laeta Kalogridis (screenplay), Dennis Lehane (novel)
Stars: Leonardo DiCaprio, Emily Mortimer, Mark Ruffalo | See full cast and crew »

- Awesome movie and one of my favorite from Martin Scorsese. DiCaprio is astounding and the twist ending is brilliant.