Okay, the Ring is not scary!

Tools    

did you call moi a dipshiit?
I guess it wasn't really that scary. but damn did I find it scary, haha.

i thought it was scary. i didn't watch it in the theater, but when it came out on dvd, i invited a bunch of people to my house to watch it...

i'm starting to see a pattern. people who watched the ring by themselves analyzed it the whole time. but when you watch it with a group, it's a fun movie....

you know what's even more fun? zooming in on the faces of the people that died in the movie in slow motion. brrrrrr. spooky.. and fun.

I watched it by myself, and I thought it was scary as hell. It just depends on your personality I think.

well, i'm glad there is at least one of you out there.

IM me. Ni!
scary movie 3 made it a better movie

and
please go to www.john-lennon.com/petition and sign

That movie was intense, but never once was it scary. I never did get that, "Scariest Movie Of The Year" **** that they were saying about it. I wish I could've seen the original first.

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
The first time I saw this film at home, I thought I was going to be scared. So I brought a couple of my friends over that hadn't seen the movie before. Once the movie ended I was completely shocked. I asked "Is this a horror movie"?

Originally Posted by T-850
The first time I saw this film at home, I thought I was going to be scared. So I brought a couple of my friends over that hadn't seen the movie before. Once the movie ended I was completely shocked. I asked "Is this a horror movie"?
Same here. It was more like a Lifetime-film-trying-to-be-a-suspense-film-making-a-pathetic-attempt-at-a-horror-film, for me at least.

Originally Posted by Garrett
Same here. It was more like a Lifetime-film-trying-to-be-a-suspense-film-making-a-pathetic-attempt-at-a-horror-film, for me at least.
I couldn't agree w/ you more
And found he was eating his shoe.

I feel sorry for you. I love to be scared! Maybe your the time that doecn't like to be scared or not but I hope one day you will find a movie that does scare you.

I mean its not like back in the old days where a guy dressed up in alien suit would freak people out. It is hard to scare people these days.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
It wasn't really scary to me...I found it to be more of a supernatural thriller.

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
It wasn't really scary to me...I found it to be more of a supernatural thriller.

IMO it doesn't even live up to being a supernatural thriller at all. I found that this movie was pathetic, a total let down. Nowhere near being the scariest movie of the year!

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
IMO it doesn't even live up to being a supernatural thriller at all. I found that this movie was pathetic, a total let down. Nowhere near being the scariest movie of the year!
In terms of horror this movie was pathetic. In terms of being a nice story, I thought it was pretty intriguing. It just didn't live up to it's hype.

Originally Posted by torie
I feel sorry for you. I love to be scared! Maybe your the time that doecn't like to be scared or not but I hope one day you will find a movie that does scare you.

I mean its not like back in the old days where a guy dressed up in alien suit would freak people out. It is hard to scare people these days.
Trust me, I love being scared. But now in days, horror movies are not scary. The 60's, and 70's had it all! Those were the days when horror was introduced to the public. Back than, people had no idea what was going to happen when you opened your bedroom closet or what was going to happen when you're taking a shower all by yourself. Now, everyone can easily predict what's about to happen. That's why people can't be scared any more. Trust me, ask someone who has been around for some while.

So yes, it is hard to scare people these days.

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Trust me, I love being scared. But now in days, horror movies are not scary. The 60's, and 70's had it all! Those were the days when horror was introduced to the public. Back than, people had no idea what was going to happen when you opened your bedroom closet or what was going to happen when you're taking a shower all by yourself. Now, everyone can easily predict what's about to happen. That's why people can't be scared any more. Trust me, ask someone who has been around for some while.

So yes, it is hard to scare people these days.
This is exactly why I loved the Ring. It wasn't just another slasher/killer flick, and a lot of the conventions you just mentioned needed not apply to this movie.

Trust me, ask someone who has been around for some while.
Have you been around for some while?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
This is exactly why I loved the Ring. It wasn't just another slasher/killer flick, and a lot of the conventions you just mentioned needed not apply to this movie.
That was one(and possibly the only) good thing about The Ring, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Have you been around for some while?

Trust me... I have. And for the time I was born, it was a decade were you didn't have two slashing killers trying to kick each other’s asse's. It was a time where you had movies that left pictures in your mind that just wouldn't leave you alone. A chainsaw being used, a girl's head turning around, living zombies that came out of nowhere.

Horror movies these days are crap. And you know it.

Trust me... I have. And for the time I was born, it was a decade were you didn't have two slashing killers trying to kick each other’s asse's. It was a time where you had movies that left pictures in your mind that just wouldn't leave you alone. A chainsaw being used, a girl's head turning around, living zombies that came out of nowhere.

Horror movies these days are crap. And you know it.
How old are you?

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
How old are you?
Not too old to be around

I'm 29. About to reach 30 in May.