Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Oh yeah, I regret to inform you Phantom Menace is probably their favorite. No father of the year award for me.

Sarah gave me a framed copy of this Polish poster for Raiders a few years ago.
Very Makes it look like a Wes Anderson production.

(rewatch)

I don't know how I would feel about this one if it was released today. However knowing all the characters and set pieces, watching it with my kids for the first time, it was great fun. Great night of nostalgic movie watching with the Indiana Jones movies.

Kagemusha (1980) - Akira Kurosawa

Nice film...three hours just flew off. But I should have seen this one before Ran

8 out of 10

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014)

Certainly lacking the spark of the first one, and it doesn't feel nearly as fresh. *Still, there's enough cool characters and scenes to make it an entertaining watch.

Kingsman: The Secret Service

The director of Kick Ass once again makes a stylishly funny and entertaining action film starring an unlikely action hero in Colin Firth.

Samuel Jackson also stars as the lisping antagonist.

The movie is flawed but I enjoyed it for what it is.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (On TV last night) - 8/10.

Already booked my ticket to see the sequel on Monday.

This movie was immensely terrifying! There was a good moment about 45-50 minutes in where I said "Ok, I'm scared", haha...Which with horror movies of late, isn't a very common thing at all...But this movie was very good and delivering suspense and extreme creepiness to the audience!

4/5

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2012)

Funny and touching little movie about old people with issues who take a journey to India, for different reasons, and stay at a grand hotel that turns out to be a run down hotel owned by a man with bigger ambitions.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Amusing,clever short film that uses it's minimalist animation in extremely clever ways. I wasn't affected by it emotionally, but it shows that art can be created with even the most modest and simplest of resources. Worth checking out.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Johnny Guitar - 7/10

Writing to me is probably the most important thing in a film. Two types of writing for me - realism, and then what this movie had, a clever dialogue. Mostly smart-ass, tongue-laced, quick and sharp conversation, but it works.