Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Graduate (1967)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Not currently on fire...
Threads (1984)

This would have to be the bleakest and most realistic film I've seen about when the bomb drops.
I thought it was very good until the end when it flashes forwards several years. Seemed rather too pessimistic and felt like fantasy compared to the strictly realistic film to that point.

Gooble gobble, one of us!
Escape From Alcatraz (1979)

One of the beautiful things about the film is its raw visual power, there is very little dialogue in the film, and is intensly suspenseful almost throughout the whole film. Eastwood is great as well. Also a film that clearly inspired Shawshank Overratedemption, with the nice black man helping the white man escape from prison. Great film with a mysterious ending, just like the real life story of which the film is based on.

BASEketball (1998)

Coop and Remer invent a new sport called baseketball in their driveway and it becomes an international sensation complete with psych-outs, busty bimbo cheerleaders, big business, and Bob Costas commentary. The debut of Trey Parker and Matt Stone, creators of South Park. They're joined by Yasmine Bleeth aka Kelly Kapowski. And Jenny McCarthy, who is a really smart person. And Squeak Scolari. The movie is pretty simple and if you give it a chance there's good times to be had

Rating:
+ 6.87 / 10

Baseketball is quite possibly the dumbest thing Trey and Matt have ever done and that's saying something, but I still love it. Also BTW, it's not Yasmeen Bleeth who plays Kelly in SBTB it's someone else, forgot her name.

Visages d'enfants (Faces of Children)

Also BTW, it's not Yasmeen Bleeth who plays Kelly in SBTB it's someone else, forgot her name.
oh my word, you're right

Tiffani Thiessen is not the same person as Yasmine Bleeth

mind blown. sorry people, not even going to edit it

Z (1969) A real life horror story. Surely a 10/10 movie...
Awesome. If I'm not mistaken, Mark has this in his top 25, but other than that I don't think I've seen it discussed on here. I'll definitely try and watch it for the Sixties list.

Watched Birdman last night....was expecting a bit more but nevertheless it was an enjoyable movie! 7/10

Branded to Kill (1967)

What did I just watch.

This was the reaction of one of the producers once the film was released:
"Suzuki makes incomprehensible films.
Suzuki does not follow the company's orders.
Suzuki's films are unprofitable and it costs 60 million yen to make one.
Suzuki can no longer make films anywhere. He should quit.
Suzuki should open a noodle shop or something instead."

The Japanese are batsh*t crazy, it's official.
Rice is one hell of a drug.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
What the hell are you talking about? It wasn't that weird. I give it
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Naked - 5/10

There was some good writing, usually by other well known writers. I liked the scene between him and the security guard though. I didn't really like this film, a lot of bullocks, though there were some moments.

Red Beard - 9/10

I think I've written about this film before... Great film on the human condition, the medical profession, and the variables that exist within, like money for example.

Dark Victory - 4/10

This movie just didn't do it for me. I asked someone I know her favorite film, this was it. I won't even mention it to her, I don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings. I also didn't care for Bette Davis' hysterics even when there was no reason for it, or her big ugly owl-like eyes.

Ronald Reagan is another dope. B-Actor who became President. Some people have explaining to do. Wish Bogart would have had more of a role, might have made this film a "5"

Throne of Blood (1957) - Akira Kurosawa

Was due for a long time, finally made it today...will remember it specially for the camerawork and acting of Toshiro Mifune. Been falling for Japanese cinema off late, heads down.

8.5 out of 10