-

High Society (1956) - Charles Walters

+

May (2002) - Lucky McKee

The Wrong Man (1956) - Alfred Hitchcock

-

Hellraiser (1987) - Clive Barker

-

No, I didn't watch the first one, but I very much doubt that it would have made any difference at all.
Actually the difference it would have made is that if I had watched the first one, I never would have watched the second one.
[sarcasm on]Of course. Reading the last third of any novel wouldn't make any difference than from reading from the beginning. [sarcasm off] Well, if you are illiterate it really wouldn't.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
[sarcasm on]Of course. Reading the last third of any novel wouldn't make any difference than from reading from the beginning. [sarcasm off] Well, if you are illiterate it really wouldn't.
Why you would have expected a positive response for this film is beyond me.

This isn't a novel.

This is someone taking some episodes of a television show, shoving them together and calling them a movie. I've started watching television shows halfway through a season or even several seasons in and still enjoyed what I saw and have gone back and watched the earlier episodes. After watching Eternal - which is said to be the best of the PMMM "films" - I've absolutely zero desire to see more.

In any case the ONLY reason why I watched it is because I intend to watch every movie on the MoFo Top 100 Animated Films List.

Why you would have expected a positive response for this film is beyond me.
This guy (http://sfdebris.com/) who reviews Sci Fi professionally but who never watched an anime series before said that PMMM was the best series he ever watched thanks to amazing character development. I showed to several people I know as well, they liked it (not much as me though). I don't think it's very hard to understand and appreciate. Given that it takes the audience's hand around the plot.

Overall I think it's a very accessible show, it's execution is almost perfect and it's admired both for the casual anime fans and by the hardcore connoisseurs. It's a show of very very rare quality in that regard. I think it's the most accessible of the anime series in my top TV series thread.

While I have watched stuff of comparable overall quality, I haven't watched anything, TV or film, that has the equivalent combination of accessibility, entertainment value, intelligence, storytelling efficiency, artistic accomplishment and "identification by zeitgeist".

This guy (http://sfdebris.com/) who reviews Sci Fi professionally but who never watched an anime series before said that PMMM was the best series he ever watched thanks to amazing character development. I showed to several people I know as well, they liked it (not much as me though).
Unless that guy is MoFo, I really don't see how his opinion is relevant. You're not new here Guap. You're also not unfamiliar with my or raul's tastes. You certainly had to know that when I watched PMMM - regardless of which "film" or tv episodes I watched - I wouldn't like it.

Guap: you have to find a way to influence people without talking down to them, not sure if it's intentional or not but everyone here has watched and enjoyed (i think) another members suggestions. Whether you realize it or not you come across alot more closed off than the posters you regularly disagree with, imo the HOF would be the perfect place to showcase all of the great Anime that is no doubt out there; but for whatever reason you decide to post 'cute girls Anime' , then bitch about people not liking it. If i posted two films about guys talking about Pepsi (which would be awesome ), i would either stick to it and wait for the bitching or i'd change it to something more members would appreciate.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
True Grit (1969)

Sonatine

The Avengers
REWATCH
The Man From Earth

The Battle of Algiers

Blue Car

Das Boot

Sideways
+ REWATCH
Silence of the Lambs
REWATCH
Iron Man 3

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Mr. Peabody and Sherman - Having a depressive sort of day, so I couldn't handle much more than a kids film. This one, based on Jay Ward's classic cartoon series, while not quite capturing the spirit of it's source material as well as I'd have liked, is fairly entertaining. Blatant sentimentality that Ward would have turned his nose up at knocks this one down a point...

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I loved True Grit. I want to see the remake of it yet though.
I really enjoyed both the original and the remake. They both probably deserve a rewatch soon. Can't wait to here your thoughts on the Coen Brothers take on the story.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

500 movies seen this year, including 289 for the first time.

Language of Love (Torgny Wickman, 1969)

Sunrise at Campobello (Vincent J. Donehue, 1960)
+
Glickman (James L. Freedman, 2013)
+
Virunga (Orlando von Einsiedel, 2014)

An endangered species of mountain gorillas is caught up in a civil war and a massive oil company’s search for resources within the Congo’s oldest national park and a designated world heritage site.
Mariachi Gringo (Tom Gustafson, 2013)

The Final Programme aka The Last Days of Man on Earth (Robert Fuest, 1973)

Psycho (Alfred Hitchcock, 1960)

Top Five (Chris Rock, 2014)

Chris Rock stars and directs in his own Birdman/Stardust Memories where he plays an alcoholic comedian who traded his successful stand-up career for an even more successful, though inane, movie franchise. He’s now made an Oscar-bait heavy drama, is about to get married to a reality star and being seriously interviewed by New York Times reporter Rosario Dawson.
Main Street on the March! (Edward Cahn, 1941)
-
The Sundowners (Fred Zinnemann, 1960)

Me Myself I (Pip Karmel, 1999)
-
The Roe’s Room (Lech Majewski, 1997)

Perhaps Majewski’s most-audacious film – it’s mostly set in one apartment, there’s no dialogue, the soundtrack is his self-written, highly-personal, operatic score and the imagery, revolving around the four seasons, seems to reproduce paintings. It's similar to a Peter Greenaway film (as The Mill and the Cross does – well all of his do), yet I like it better.
The Singing Nun (Henry Koster, 1966)

The Great Heart (David Miller, 1938)

The Nun’s Story (Fred Zinnemann, 1959)

Rosewater (Jon Stewart, 2014)
+

Iranian interrogator “Rosewater” (Kim Bodnia) [he smells of the stuff] questions Iranian-Canadian journalist Maziar Bahari (Gael García Bernal) who’s imprisoned for four months, accused of being an American spy and separated from his pregnant wife when he comes for Newsweek to aid in verifying the legitimacy of the 2009 election results.
A Long Way Down (Pascal Chaumeil, 2014)

Main Street Today (Edward Cahn, 1944)

Spider (David Cronenberg, 2002)

The Protector (Prachya Pinkaew, 2005)

Trusted guard Tony Jaa, whose family watched over the King of Thailand’s sacred elephants, comes to Sydney, Australia, when he learns that the elephants were stolen and taken to a gangster’s restaurant there. The gangster hires an army of martial artists with whom the guard proceeds to do battle.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
500 movies seen this year, including 289 for the first time.
Wow! I'll probably end up with a number like this for the whole year!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Kingsman: The Secret Service (Matthew Vaughn, 2015):

Big Hero 6 (Don Hall & Chris Williams, 2014):

Nightcrawler (Dany Gilroy, 2014):

Sling Blade (Billy Bob Thornton, 1996):

Hipsters (Valeriy Todorovskiy, 2008):

Brother 2 (Aleksey Balabanov, 2000):

Punch-Drunk Love (Paul Thomas Anderson, 2002):

Christmas Inventory (2000) - Miguel Gomes (Short)
+

Shadow of a Doubt (1943) - Alfred Hitchcock

+

Night Mayor (2009) - Guy Maddin

Beverly Hills Cop III (1994) - John Landis

-

Ordet (1955) - Carl Theodore Dreyer

Disquiet (2011?) - SJ Ramir (Short)

+

Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002) - Jay Roach

-

Hellbound: Hellraiser II (1988) - Tony Randel

-

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Revenge of the Nerds

Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise

I really do love the Nerds movies. I think my ratings don't actually reflect the quality of the films, which are really quite average to slightly below average, but they're based on nostalgia, I guess. One question does remain though. Why was Lamar considered a nerd? He was an out and proud homosexual, which made him an outcast in the Reagan 80's, but he doesn't seem particularly nerdy...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

Die Brücke [The Bridge] (1959) -
(A very powerful anti-war drama about a group of young German boys being drafted at the end of WWII. The film spends a great chunk of time developing the characters and then comes the final sequence that is simply devastating!)
(Nama) tôchô ripôto: Chiwa [Kirie Eleison] (1993) -
(Weakest Hisayasu Sato so far. It's the most Cronenbergian of the 3 films of his I've seen so far, too. It's about a weird hypno-TV cassette and a guy in bondage that can't move and some crazy dreams of a woman. And taping people having sex. Kinky, but not great.)

To Be or Not to Be (1942) -
(I'm not a fan of comedies, but I really liked this one. It's just as good as The Great Dictator. Of course, the movie makes no freakin' sense historically and is in no way correct, but I don't think it was supposed to be realistic in the first place. First 30 minutes were pretty weak, but then the movie got better, or perhaps I got into it. I even had a few laughs at some scenes, like: "First Hess, now him!". Pretty funny.)
Мечте навстречу [Mechte navstrechu] (1963) -
(Amazing Soviet sci-fi. Apparently, aliens exist and they listen to beautiful Russian songs sent into space by humans. They probably liked it, because they sent a response being a glowing ball. Then for some reason humans and aliens decide to meet on Mars and so on and so forth. The plot is very louse and free-roamin', but it's mainly about the colours and music.)

Corridor (1970) -
(Starts off like an ultimate horror, but then blinking images come in and the whole experience is ruined. I swear the first few minutes are truly great with the camera slowly moving forward in a tight corridor. The viewer can't wait what's in the end, but in the end there's LSD trip that hurt my eyes. One epileptic seizure, please!)
Peeping Tom (1960) -
(Poor bastard, that kinky peeping tom. Tragic story as well. I loved it. The POV opening sequence was amazing, too. Kinda reminded me of Halloween, but in Carpenter's horror we see with the eyes of the killer, while in Peeping Tom we see with the eyes of the camera. The rest of the movie is seen through the eyes of the director and his cinematographer's camera, too, so it's eyes within the eyes and a camera within a camera, which makes camera a tool of everything that's going on in the movie, which is kinda natural. Wait, I don't know what my point was. Lovely colours, too.)

High Noon (1952) -
(Finally, an American western almost as good as solid spaghettis. Katy Jurado was really hot in it. She would be a perfect noir femme fatale, gotta find out if she stared in any of these.)
Boko Climax! [Rape Climax!] (1987) -
(Rape Climax? Seriously? I mean, can a movie with a title like this be bad? This one is freakin' amazing. Whatta great kinky offering from Hisayasu Sato. Some scenes can be even seen as black comedy and probably would make me laugh like a maniac if I was in a proper mood. Necrophilic youngster "training" on a nurse is just beyond words.)
丹绒马林有棵树 [A Tree in Tanjung Malim] (2004) -
(Twenty-odd short from Malaysia with a lot of witty dialogue and catchy songs. Almost a real-time experience, even though 24 minutes != the whole night.)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Drunk Driving (David Miller, 1939)

The Conjuring (James Wan, 2013)

Glass Lips aka Blood of a Poet (Lech Majewski, 2007)

The Hustler (Robert Rossen, 1961)
-

Fast Eddie Felson (Paul Newman) comes into town, wipes the floor with Minnesota Fats (Jackie Gleason), but then he gets drunk and cocky and ends up losing it all back. After he has several other downturns, he gets a second chance at doing some fancy shots against Fats.
Trial (Mark Robson, 1955)
-
Disconnect (Henry Alex-Rubin, 2013)

The Million Dollar Hotel (Wim Wenders, 2000)
-
To Kill a Mockingbird (Robert Mulligan, 1962)
-

Six-year-old Scout (Mary Badham) learns a life lesson from her father, lawyer Atticus Finch (Gregory Peck), in the Deep South in the 1930s.
Exit Wounds (Andrzej Bartkowiak, 2001)

Santa’s Slay (David Steiman, 2005)
+
European Vacation (Amy Heckerling, 1985)

Wedding Crashers (David Dobkin, 2005)
-

One of several times that wedding crashers Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson seem to find themselves way over their heads – especially their little ones.
The Day (Doug Aarniokoski, 2012)

A Man for All Seasons (Fred Zinnemann, 1966)
+
King of the Khyber Rifles (Henry King, 1953)
+
The Deflowering of Eva Van End (Michael ten Horn, 2013)

A typical dysfunctional Dutch family really goes off the deep end when they take in a German exchange student.
Madison Avenue (Bruce Humberstone, 1961)

X-Men: The Last Stand (Brett Ratner, 2006)
+
Good Burger (Brian Robbins, 1997)

A Hard Day’s Night (Richard Lester, 1964)
+

Lennon plays with his navy in the tub and then answers a journalist's question about how he found America.