The Best You've Seen This Year

Tools    

Probably "X-Men" - from what I had read about it, I thought half the cast would be lackluster and that the film would have major holes in it - but it didn't! It exceeded all my expectations and the opening was pure brilliance.

"Almost Famous" and "The Perfect Storm". "The Virgin Suicides" was also very good.

"Meet the Parents." I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard while at the movies.

I recently saw "Requiem for a Dream", which will definitely be in my Top 5! Terrific movie, and Ellen Burstyn deserves a nomination.

Movie Forums Member
In respond to Best Movie seen this year (2000):

Happy Gillmore.

Ah...you're going back to the beginning. Good man.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

A system of cells interlinked
Sin City gets my vote for 2005.

Happy Gilmore?? Sheesh.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
I really thought Robots was great, gets a vote from me and im sure sin city will get my vote too when i see it

That avatar is ill, UCL. What is it from? You should hang onto that one for a while

Sin City
And found he was eating his shoe.

Movie Forums Member
sin city and kung fu hustle

film making extraordinaire
sin city

motivationally deficient
lost in translation

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Originally Posted by Sedai
That avatar is ill, UCL. What is it from? You should hang onto that one for a while
its from the tv series Angel

The best movie I've seen all year would have to be either SAW, Sin City, or Constantine.

So far in 2005 the best Ive seen is

DOWNFALL (From the director of DAS EXPERIMENT)which examines the final days of Adolf Hitler's life with an objective eye.