Upcoming Movies on TV Thread

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
If you see something on TV, this could be a good thread to post it under.. Plus, it will always be current, so a newcomer doesn't need to go page after page....

The Miracle Worker on TCM (12:45 ET)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
For anyone who's participating in the Noir HoF, (and anyone else who wants to watch it), The Third Man (1949) is scheduled on Turner Classic Movies TONIGHT at 9:30 PM EASTERN TIME.

CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS FOR THE CORRECT TIME IN YOUR TIME ZONE!

I even liked Altman's somewhat remake "The Caine Mutiny Trial"

I think you'd like Blackboard Jungle. Richard Brooks' is not only a great director, but a great writer as well.. A good film on school issues.

Tonight has "Roman Holiday" at 9:45pm ET.. I rented it once, but didn't have the time to see it. I love Gregory Peck, it's just too late for me.

Roman Holiday is great.
I'll probably give it a shot.. I rented it before, but watched the 5 others before. I saw one film with Audrey Hepburn, didn't care for her. Must be the name "Hepburn" - but I love Gregory Peck.

Tonight, 2/16/15, at 8pm ET on TCM lies "Anatomy of a Murder" - Jimmy Stewart, Ben Gazzara - really good film on the courts.

Chillerama is on horror channel tonight at 10:45pm and, more importantly, Mona Lisa is on Film4 at 1:45am.

"The Apartment" (Billy Wilder) is on TCM at 8pm ET... I'm not a big fan of Billy Wilders' comedies (though he's a top 10 director for me), but I know a lot of people love this film, or maybe never got the chance to watch it..

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Starting tonight and through the next few days, TCM will be great for anyone who's working on their 1960s list. After The Apartment (1960) at 8:00 PM EASTERN TIME tonight, there are more top 1960s movies over the next two days.

THE TIMES LISTED ARE FOR EASTERN TIME. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS FOR THE CORRECT TIME IN YOUR LOCATION.

TONIGHT (WEDNESDAY):
8:00 PM The Apartment (1960)
10:15 PM To Kill A Mockingbird (1962)
12:30 AM The Hustler (1961)
3:00 AM Days of Wine and Roses (1962)
5:15 AM Lolita (1961)

TOMORROW (THURSDAY):
12:30 PM Witness For The Prosecution (1958) (This one's not from the 60s, but it's a great movie and everyone should see it. )
2:30 PM Inherit The Wind (1960)
4:45 PM Judgment At Nuremberg (1961)
8:00 PM Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb (1964)
9:45 PM The Sand Pebbles (1966)
1:15 AM A Man for All Seasons (1966)
3:30 AM A Hard Day's Night (1964)
5:00 AM Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)

FRIDAY:
3:15 PM Birdman of Alcatraz (1962)
5:45 PM Cool Hand Luke (1967)
8:00 PM Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)
10:00 PM Planet of the Apes (1968)
12:00 AM Easy Rider (1969)
1:45 AM Oliver! (1968)
4:30 AM Rachel, Rachel (1968)

The Great Sex Addict Heist: The Dog is on BBC4 tonight at 10pm. It's a portrait of John Wojtowicz, the inspiration for Al Pacino's character in Dog Day Afternoon.
Zombie Flesheaters on horror channel at 10:50pm
Rust And Bone on Film4 at 11:45pm
Someone To Watch Over Me is on BBC1 tonight at 11:50pm. I remember liking that film.
The Bedford Incident is on Channel 4 at 2:25am

Cool Hand Luke - 5:45pm ET on TCM

Really good movie you can watch over and over again...

Btw, the movie "Caged" (1950) is coming on at 1:30pm ETC. Never saw it, but if it's highly recommended, I might see it. Or maybe I could pose a better question. I got "Wolf of Wall Street" after I saw it on a couple of Top 10 lists, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I just seen Caged (1950) recently, a very strong expose on the jail system in the 1950s. And done in an entertaining style. If you watch it, look at the wide camera angles that are used when she is first taken to jail. They add a sense of huge lonely spaces....I should watch that one again!

Interesting, I think I'm going to watch it. They had "I Am A Fugitive... Chain Gang" on this morning, which also great.

Btw, it's Oscar month, where every film is either an Oscar winner or nominee on Turner Classic Movies - not only the best movie channel, but the only one on cable with no commercials.

Well, I better get going soon. Thanks!

I Am A Fugitive... Chain Gang...love, love, love that film. Ohhhh! is Glenda Farell so evil in that film or what? She's said to have been the fastest talker on screen. I swear in some of her movies she can talk a mile a minute.

Hello Quo - BBC4 - 9pm
Shaun Of The Dead - ITV2 - 9pm
Tango & Cash - ITV4 - 9pm
The Bank Job - More4 - 9pm
Cabin Fever - Horror Channel - 9pm
Class of Nuke 'Em High - Horror Channel - 10:50
2001: A Space Odyssey - BBC1 - 11:05
Byzantium - Film4 - 11:15
Berberian Film Studio - Film4 - 11:35
The Lair Of The White Worm - Horror Channel - 1:35am

I Am A Fugitive... Chain Gang...love, love, love that film. Ohhhh! is Glenda Farell so evil in that film or what? She's said to have been the fastest talker on screen. I swear in some of her movies she can talk a mile a minute.
Yeah, a great film.. That film had a pretty big effect on our prison system. That woman was evil! I notice pre-Brando most actors talked really fast.

It's an early 1930s thing for actors to talk fast and to have them talking at the same time. I think that came about as the new 'talkies' wanted to show how full of dialogue they were.

A great women's prison style, mental institution movie is The Snake Pit (1948). It pairs will with I Am A Fugitive... Chain Gang and Caged.

There's Secondhand Lions, The Alamo and Jarhead on today in Australia.

Any worth a watch?