America slips to number 2

Tools    

It has nothing to do with America. This is to do with China's changing political landscape and it's huge population. India will, probably, surpass the US for the same reasons.
Any country that get's it's sh*t together will tend to converge to an economic size that matches it's population. It's a tragedy for the poor people in India and China that they were poor countries for so long time.

PPP is more like a third world balm . it is made to make third world countries feel better about their poverty . i am skeptical about figures of size of economy based on PPP .
PPP is good for measuring standards of living, per person income.
Market level GDP is good for measuring international economic influence.
Third, volume of trade and manufacturing/industrial production is also a good indexes for measuring international economic influence and China's volume of trade has surpassed the US for some time now, as well as industrial production. US GDP is 1st place as of yet because of the huge services sector.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Eh China has alot of growing to do. Even though it's been around much longer than America lol. Modern advents and population has helped boost China, but they have alot of home grown problems that need addressed such as gaft, corruption and polution - all of which might make investors wary.

Democracy and Capitalism make dough (especially when it's absent of corruption). I think China wants to be both but their hold on their people be continually tested by newer generations. Russia fell, and everyone use to think they were the ones who were gonna do us in, they were doing great after Yeltsin but as Putin sliides back into Communist ways - their economy begins to slide as well.

There is no doubt that the big countries, especially ones we don't see eye to eye with, will continue to challenge us. I just hope we can all learn to work as partners instead of enemies..except for groups and people like ISIS..turn them to glass.

Their assumption was that Jerry was already dead when I arrived, and I just nodded my head. What else could I tell them? "He had to do it, Officer, or else he would’ve turned into a worm-monster and been very unhappy."

Ugghhh. I hope we don't decide to start a new war to fix it.
Wars are how we've dominated the world economy in the past.

We blew up Japan and Germany in WWII.
No one was competing with us to produce automobiles after that move!

All the smartest people immigrated here for safety, but no more.
What we had was special, and such a thing is not made to last.

Furthermore, China dominates as a country at the expense of the individual. We dominate as individuals at the expense of our country.

We will never compete as a eusocial society because we place greater value on personal liberty.

Furthermore, China dominates as a country at the expense of the individual. We dominate as individuals at the expense of our country.

We will never compete as a eusocial society because we place greater value on personal liberty.

That is why we should wait and see, i believe that bubble will bust for China's government and similar countries.

wanabe movie critique
Being the largest country in terms of population does have its advantages.

Ugghhh. I hope we don't decide to start a new war to fix it.
Wars are how we've dominated the world economy in the past.
Not at all. And if the US stars a war with China, victory will be improbable. China's manpower and industrial resources are vastly superior.

We blew up Japan and Germany in WWII.
No one was competing with us to produce automobiles after that move!
It was right after WW2 that Japan, Italy and Germany switched from militaristic countries to economic powerhouses.

That's a myth. The US is not more "capitalistic" than Germany or Japan, China's level of economic freedom is also approaching those of the developed countries.

Also, the US spends more on welfare than most European countries. It's a myth that Europe has a more developed welfare state than the US.

Also, the US spends more on welfare than most European countries. It's a myth that Europe has a more developed welfare state than the US.
I don't think that's true Guap,. What stats are you using ?

Not at all. And if the US stars a war with China, victory will be improbable. China's manpower and industrial resources are vastly superior.

It certainly would be no cake walk. But China's military hasn't seen much action in a while, and though they are making strides to change their main problem, which is gaft amongst the military.

They share similarities with lets say, the Iraqi military. Large infantry and mechanized forces that cumble at the sight of a confrontation, mostly due to commanders only having their position for personal wealth and gains.

China was whooped by Vietnam in the Sino-Vietnamese war after the Vietnam War, China claimes victory but Vietnam halted them and repeled their forces.

china surpassing the US doesnt surprise me one bit