Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Tools    

Don't mind the female cast twist at all but the problem for me is the writer, didn't think much of The Heat... so not expecting much unfortunately in the humour department.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Did I miss something? Why is this Ghostbuster's 3, if there will be no correlation to the first two films?

I will definitely watch if Kristen Wiig is involved. I love her to death. I think she's the funniest female comedian out there.

Did I miss something? Why is this Ghostbuster's 3, if there will be no correlation to the first two films?
The title will change eventually I'm sure.

Oh btw, Gillian Anderson heard about this and has said on record that she is free and would love to be in this.

If she is, that I think is only reason that would make me go see this film.

Oh btw, Gillian Anderson heard about this and has said on record that she is free and would love to be in this.
Of course she's free. X-Files ended centuries ago.

And The X-Files hasn't either. A third film is on the way, it's just a matter of when. And they need it to finish it off perfectly after that terrible second film didn't...

I hope she's asked to do Ghostbusters 3 and does it!

It seems Paul Feig's reboot of Ghostbusters has some kind plot details. Courtesy of Vulture.

It has been in spoiler tags, just in case this ends up in the actual movie (and in case people care about this movie lol).

WARNING: "Ghostbusters" spoilers below
Humans aren't afraid of no ghosts, he says, because they haven't met them yet. He says his film will be "scarier and more hi-tech" than the original Ghostbusters: The villain will be a convicted murderer, ideally played by Peter Dinklage, who turns into a ghost after his execution is hit by "a supercharged electrical storm." This gives him the power to raise an army of other ghosts, which could be made up of famous villains throughout history. It's like Night at the Museum! These ghosts will in turn have to be busted by "four very different women" who have to "figure out in funny, scary and action-packed ways how to save New York City and the world."

Peter Dinklage?

Okay, now I know why everyone hates Hollywood. If they're not giving all the male roles to women or making all the characters gay, they're casting Peter Dinklage and every other possible little person they can find into movies. That's what it's all about now -- women, gays and little people. MIDGETS.

Peter Dinklage?

Okay, now I know why everyone hates Hollywood. If they're not giving all the male roles to women or making all the characters gay, they're casting Peter Dinklage and every other possible little person they can find into movies. That's what it's all about now -- women, gays and little people. MIDGETS.
I guess I didn't "sorta" didn't need spoiler tags. Did I? LOL

Well, I just mentioned Peter Dinklage. I don't think saying, "Peter Dinklage MIGHT be in the movie" is very spoilerish. I'm not saying how or why he's in the movie.

Well, I just mentioned Peter Dinklage. I don't think saying, "Peter Dinklage MIGHT be in the movie" is very spoilerish. I'm not saying how or why he's in the movie.
I don't think stating how or why Peter Dinklage is in a Ghostbusers movie would even make a difference anyhow. I doubt that would make a person cringe in excitement.

The next Ghostbusters movie has officially been cast. The leading ladies for the film include Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, and Saturday Night Live stars Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones.

Two current SNL people, one former SNL person, and someone who's hosted twice and by all accounts was a great fit.

They're definitely going for a certain kind of comedian, then.

The death of Harold Ramis has put a very big spanner in the works for fans of GB.

Bill Murray has officially stated that he's out after all the silence and speculation of his involvement with the third film.
Ivan Reitman has also dropped out as Ramis' death hit him very hard. He and Ramis were very close friends and Reitman no longer wants to carry on the project.

However... Sony are pressing ahead anyway. Filming is due to start this year for a 2015 release.
No input from Murray, nor Reitman, no input now from writer Ramis obviously... and possibly no input from Aykroyd either.
The idea of reviving this franchise without Harold Ramis is just wrong.

What's the point in calling this "Ghostbusters" if it's starring an all-female cast.

Would be like making a new Bond film starring a female secret agent (Jamie Bond?).

No point in calling it a sequel to the original franchise - might as well just call it something else, unless they're trying to cash-in on the title alone.