Rhys' Fabulous Viewing Diary of Fabulousness

→ in
Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
American Hustle without the comedy
Isn't that still just American Hustle?

Just a little dig to rile up Sean, rauld and their ilk.

Isn't that still just American Hustle?

Just a little dig to rile up Sean, rauld and their ilk.
It worked you son of a dancing pea pod.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
It worked you son of a dancing pea pod.
Truth hurts doesn't it?

28th January 2015

Thelma & Louise (1991, Ridley Scott) - CINEMA - 6.5/10 - 1st Watch

This is an interesting film and is one that does entertain, but for me it was slightly dissapointing.

Bad Taste (1987, Peter Jackson) - 6/10 - 2nd Watch

Bad Taste is a very fun film. It is well shot in parts, and is even quite interesting technically but apart from the one-liners and over the top gore, I don't think that the film is all that fantastic to be honest.

29th January 2015

Vertigo (1958, Alfred Hitchcock) - CINEMA - 10/10 - 1st Watch

A fantastic film that I will HAVE to watch again. Altough, I have no idea what is up with the ending. There is probably good reasoning for it.

I love Vertigo, one of my favorite Hitchcock's personally. I think Psycho is my favorite Hitchcock, though. Vertigo might be second.

I am strange I know. I rank The Birds, Shadow Of A Doubt, Rear Window, Dial M For Murder, and Rope all in front of Vertigo and Psycho. I love all seven of these though. Hitchcock is the mack daddy.

I LOVED Dial M for Murder when I saw it, and on rewatch might be my #2 Hitchcock. But I only saw it once.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I like Vertigo. Its an
for me. I prefer Rear Window, Psycho, North By Northwest, Dial M for Murder and Foreign Correspondent over it though.

I loved Bad Taste when it first came out, but I think at this point I would completely agree with you.

Too bad you didn't like Thelma and Louise more.

29th/30th January 2015 -Early Hour Viewing

The Graduate (1967, Mike Nichols) - 8.5/10 -2nd Watch

This is a fantastic film and one what can quite easily be re-watched again and again (I am looking forward to future viewings). I watched this one for the first time last year but re-watched it again with my friends early morning of the 30th January.

31st January 2015

Cinderalla
(1950, Clyde Geronimi, Wilfred Jackson, Hamilton Luske ) - 7/10 - ?? Watch

I can not remember if I have seen this one or not when I was younger, I don't think I have to be honest. Anyway, I really enjoyed it but I thought that a lot of the on-screen time was very unnecessary towards the narrative but despite this it is a well made film and is great for both young and old audience.

We had to watch about 41 short films (most under 2 minutes yeserday) from the late 1980s and early 1900s. I am not going to list them all. I don't know all the names. Plus, I left for the toilet so I would have missed a few (I was quick though!). But yeah, as much as I love film, watching short after short for just over an hour is tiring.

I also watched Ferris Buellers Day Off last night/early morning. I'll put that review up later. It was my second watch.