Rhys' Fabulous Viewing Diary of Fabulousness

→ in
Tools    

I don't know. I quite like using this because I can log when I watched the film and how many times I watched it. I will also use this for TV shows, short films and documentaries.

7th January 2015

Rewind This! (2013, Josh Johnson) - 7/10

This is an interesting and informative documentary that taught me a lot about the video era. I was born in 95' and only have a somewhat short recollection of VHS's from when I was younger.

& Good Morning, Vietnam (1987, Barry Levinson) - RW - 8/10

Probably my favourite film staring Robin Williams, he displays fantastic acting throughout this fine story. The "It's a wonderful world" scene is pretty fantastic actually.

8th January 2015

The Seventh Seal (1957, Ingmar Bergman) - 9/10 - 2nd Watch

This is a fantastic film by one of the greatest foreign directors of all time. Ingmar Bergman's Seventh Seal is a beautiful and powerful art-house film that was just as great on the second watch. I would still like to watch this one again because I feel I still haven't gotten the most from it, mainly because I honestly find it hard to understand it at times. To top it off though the film as well as being wonderfully deep, it has some great comedic moments that fit perfectly with the overall feel.

Gooble gobble, one of us!
When you're watching a Bergman film, and you start to think that you don't understand it, just think about this quoute:
"I don't understand my own films" - Bergman. He said that in an interview back in 1970 or so. I think he's brilliant, I've only seen four of his films though.

I haven't watched a film in a fair few days, been with my girlfriend. So, any suggestions for a film I could watch today or in the near future?

Master of My Domain
I haven't watched a film in a fair few days, been with my girlfriend. So, any suggestions for a film I could watch today or in the near future?
What a horrible girlfriend, where's the mighty Rhys that nobody could stop from his mission of film watching?

Just kidding, if you want a film suggestion I want you to watch a film in my top 10 list that you haven't yet.

She's not horrible hehe. She put up with me last year and watched them with me when she had to . I'm be back to regular watching soon, I'll take at look at what I haven't seen on your list.

13th January 2015

The Impossible(2012, J.A. Bayona) - 6/10 - 1st Watch

The Impossible is a good film with some great visuals and fairly believable acting but the story itself seems a little bit Hollywood-ified to me. A lot more could have been done to make this more powerful. It's a sad film and some of the scenes are very shocking but it could have been a lot better. Still, definitely worth the watch.

I was going to wait until the 50's list to watch The Seventh Seal, but I don't think I can wait that long. I really want to see it.

Agree with you 100% on The Impossible!

14th January 2015

Foxcatcher (2012, J.A. Bayona) - Cinema - 7.5/10 - 1st Watch

Foxcatcher is a fantastically acted film with a powerful (and true) storyline. Steve Carell's performance is incredible in this. It's January and already 2015 has had a very bright start. If you don't know the storyline for this already, like I didn't, then do not find it out before watching. Go in with the smallest amount of knowledge of the film possible. I think you will enjoy it more.

15th January 2015

Ballast (2008, Lance Hammer) - 7/10 - 1st Watch

Ballast is a great little independent film with a intimate story surrounding a small amount of cast-members in an open landscape. It follows the lives of a family who have been affected by a recent suicide and the changes it evokes upon each of the characters. It is fairly slow moving, but is actually quite an emotive piece.