Best Picture Oscar 2015

Tools    

Pick Oscar's Best Picture of the year...
4.55%
2 votes
AMERICAN SNIPER
20.45%
9 votes
BIRDMAN
54.55%
24 votes
BOYHOOD
4.55%
2 votes
THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL
2.27%
1 votes
THE IMITATION GAME
0%
0 votes
SELMA
0%
0 votes
THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING
13.64%
6 votes
WHIPLASH
44 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Here are the eight nominees...

Which do you think will take home the Academy's top prize?

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oscar Picture.jpg
Views:	1566
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	19521  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I still have to see three of these. My favorite three movies of the year so far made it though. I really want Anderson to win, but that is probably not going to happen. I loved Boyhood, so I will be fine with the front runner taking it. Surprised to see Sniper among the nominees, I will be checking that out this weekend.

I have only seen 3 so far. The Grand Budapest Hotel (which I ADORE), Boyhood (which was very good), and The Theory of Everything (which was s**t). I will see the fourth tonight with American Sniper. Maybe 5 if I get the chance with Selma.

Birdman and Whiplash come to my theater tomorrow.

Seen Boyhood, Birdman and The Grand Budapest Hotel. I think all three are incredibly inventive, great films. I voted Boyhood because that's what I think will win.

Yeah, Boyhood's just been picking up more and more momentum as we get closer to the Oscars. I wouldn't be surprised if Birdman sneaked it away, but I don't think that'll happen.

Lord High Filmquisitor
I'm going to hold off on actually voting until after I've seen everything, although Boyhood is the clear front runner and Birdman seems to be the first runner up as things currently stand. Presently, I've seen Birdman, Selma and The Imitation Game.

I could very easily see The Imitation Game winning Best Picture. When the nominations were announced a few years back, everybody was sure The Social Network was going to win in a walk, but by Oscar night it was The King's Speech in a big way. I think The Imitation Game is three times the picture that The King's Speech is. It covers a few important subjects very well, including espionage during World War II, the birth of computer science, the persecution of homosexuals, and the Academy loves them some historical dramas.

Don't count it out.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	gamers.jpg
Views:	1370
Size:	326.6 KB
ID:	19533  

Meh (to the idea of The Imitation Game winning).

Worth noting that early odds have Boyhood as a favorite, but a) there's a pretty huge jumble among the top five most likely films; far more clustered than usual, and b) those'll shift a lot once a few other ceremonies take place.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Meh to The Imitation Game full stop. But it has shoehorned a could-be interesting story into an Oscar-bait formula so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I have only seen Birdman (and even that was very recent). I've got some catching up to do, if I so choose. Seems like a down year but I could certainly be wrong.

Only 8 nominees? No space for Gone Girl. I hadn't even heard of Selma until the last couple of days.
There can now be up to ten nominations. It's based on some formula and percentage of votes. Apparently that translated to eight, this year. Since the Academy opened it up to be more than five again in 2009, there were ten nominees the first two years (2009 & 2010) and nine in the other three (2011-2013). Eight is the low ball.