18. Wreck it Ralph
19. Will Make It.
20. From up on Poppy Hill (Near Miss)
21. No Chance
22. Whisper of the Heart
23. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
24. No Chance
25. Frozen

Starting to think Wings of Honneamise isn't going to make it. What a shame, if it does not!
There are many relatively obscure classic anime films that did not make it, including Honneamise but also: Patlabor 1 and 2, Urusei Yatsura 2 (widely regarded as superior than Ghost in the Shell and Oshii's masterpiece), Angel's Egg, Only Yesterday (which I though would), Gauche the Cellist, Summer Days with Coo, Summer Wars and others. Some of these are obscure even with anime fans.

Among anime directors only Miyazaki is well known among film fans, even Takahata and Oshii are not well known although they have made each one mainstream film. Kon is for some reason more popular with Western film fans than Japanese ones.

I did have How to Train Your Dragon on my list, in the number twenty-two slot. Just wonderfully realized in every way, and if I was six or seven years old when it came out, I am sure it would have been my Star Wars. Seventeen of my choices have made the countdown, thus far.

1. Waltz with Bashir (#26)
4. The Wrong Trousers (#35)
5. A Town Called Panic (#76)
6. The Lego Movie (#32)
7. The Illusionist (#60)
8. Alice in Wonderland (#33)
9. Persepolis (#28)
10 Akira (#29)
12. Coraline (#36)
13. Animal Farm (#89)
15. Yellow Submarine (#62)
19. Watership Down (#75)
20. Waking Life (#41)
21. South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (#25)
22. How to Train Your Dragon (#19)
23. Sleeping Beauty (#54)
24. ”How the Grinch Stole Christmas” (#42)
25. Hugo the Hippo (DNP)

And I don't know how I missed it, but around the holidays and the aftermath I didn't celebrate that The Wrong Trousers had placed on the countdown! Nick Park and the folks at Aardman Animation are geniuses. Wallace & Gromit as characters are wonderful, but as much as I love A Grand Day Out and A Close Shave and as much fun as I find Curse of the Were-Rabbit, The Wrong Trousers is simply perfection. The comic timing, be it Looney Tunes level slapstick or punctuated British deadpan, is flat-out hysterical throughout, and the not-so-secret weapon that elevates this one over all the other Wallace & Gromit adventures is that fu*kin' penguin.

I love, love, love this flick! Looks like it may hold up as the highest placed short, and while I will miss the other two from my list (BTW, those of you who voted for the expurgated versions of the Warner Brothers classics in that stupid Bugs Bunny & Road Runner Movie cash grab can go jump in a lake), I am at least happy at how well The Wrong Trousers did here.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	hiccup.jpg
Views:	1010
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	19468   Click image for larger version

Name:	penguins.jpg
Views:	1060
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	19469   Click image for larger version

Name:	trousers.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	19470  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

18. My Neighbor Totoro - Voting Stats

Total Points: 356
Part of a Numeric Tie? No.
24 Votes: Three 2nd Place (24 pts. each), 3rd Place (23 pts.), Two 5th Place (21 pts. each), 6th Place (20 pts.), Two 7th Place (19 pts. each), Two 8th Place (18 pts. each), Three 9th Place (17 pts. each), 10th Place (16 pts.), 11th Place (15 pts.), 13th Place (13 pts.), 17th Place (9 pts.), 18th Place (8 pts.), Two 22nd Place (4 pts. each), Two 24th Place (2 pts. each), 25th Place (1 pt.)

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Totoro was on my list at NUMBER 9. It is a very magical film and it is my second favorite from Miyazaki. I like the sense of adventure and the cat bus is awesome. I'll surely be watching this one again soon. I'm glad to see that it placed really well in this list.

My number five, and my favourite non English language animated film. Subtle and less focused on an action driven narrative than Miyazaki's other works, it has a certain beauty about it that somehow manages to capture the innocence of childhood and family life.

I couldn't get into My Neighbor Totoro.
You're not alone.

I found the children really annoying and the creatures were far more creepy than cute - especially that stupid bus. I liked it the least of the three Miyazaki films I've seen, though it wasn't my least favorite Ghibli. I watched it about a year ago and rated it a

I did like it slightly more than Frozen, though.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
MY LIST
Top 25 Animated
8. Fantastic Planet
9. My Neighbor Totoro
10. Brave Little Toaster
11. Mary and Max
12. Alice in Wonderland
16. Pinocchio
17. Shrek
18. Charlottes Web
19. Shrek 2
20. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
22. Castle in the Sky

Five of these won't make it. Ten already have, plus Brave Little Toaster. So nine of mine are yet to show.

Totoro was my #18. I love the relationship between the children and their parents. I also love that the fantastical elements are used sparingly which makes them much more effective. Very endearing film.

Odd question but did anyone vote for The Spongebob Squarepants Movie? I did and I'm kinda surprised it's not here, was totally expecting it to be the low-end ranks (90-100).

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
My Neighbour Totoro scraped into my list at #24.

I didn't vote for How to Train Your Dragon, but my kids love it. And the sequel. And the tv series.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Totoro? Move along... nothing to see here. I'd like to take the time to congratulate Guap though. My three-year-old nieces loved it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Odd question but did anyone vote for The Spongebob Squarepants Movie? I did and I'm kinda surprised it's not here, was totally expecting it to be the low-end ranks (90-100).
I did. Don't expect to see it pop up.

Also - only one sequel on the list so far.

That is to low for one of the greatest animatednmovie ever made ... It's not a ''kids movie'' it is a movie about a simple life, about nature, about imagination that everyone can enjoy. Also, it's one of the most rewatchable movie there is because there is not really a story, it's more based on the visuals and the tone. I had it at #11 I think or something like that

Oh, it's been a while since I last commented here...

This is my list so far:

5. Duck amuck #55
6. Whisper of the heart #46
8. My neighbor Totoro #18
11. Tale of tales #53
12. Perfect Blue #44
13. The Plague Dogs #63
17. Millennium Actress #67
18. Mary and Max #23
20. Wallace and Gromit: The wrong trousers #35
21. The illusionist #60
23. Coraline #36

I expect at least seven more to appear, though.