Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Departed

My first watch of Martin Scorsese's The Departed in a few years but it's definitely better than when I originally saw it. I still need to watch The Aviator, Shutter Island and WOWS (all of which I haven't seen ever) to finish off the Scorsese/DiCaprio collabs. GONY is a
in my book.

Under the Skin (2013) Sounds like the perfect movie. But it isn't.
Overall a boring film in which nothing really happens

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Lord High Filmquisitor
Suspiria (1977) 2nd watch

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks that Suspiria is the end all / be all of horror (which seems to be a pretty ubiquitous opinion on the internet as a whole). It has the second best soundtrack that I've ever heard (behind Schindler's List), but not really anthing else going for it. As a 90 minute music video, though, it is pretty good.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

The Dish (2000) - Recommended by Honeykid and JayDee

I just finished watching The Dish, and I had to do a quick write up to say Thank You to both Honeykid and JayDee for recommending this movie.

This is a great movie about how a town in Australia helped bring the 1969 Moon landing to TVs all over the world with a satellite dish in the middle of an Australian sheep farm. It had the unexpected bonus of Sam Neill as one of the stars of the movie. I've been a fan of his ever since I saw him in Jurassic Park. (I just wish he would have gotten rid of the pipe in the movie.)

I don't know how accurate the movie is, but the story is exciting and suspenseful, with just the right amount of humor. I highly recommend this movie.

+

Master of My Domain
Clue (1985)

EXACTLY how I imagined how the game would look like in real life. It had everything, and because of that I loved every moment of it.

EDIT: 13,000th reply! Yay!

Calvaire (2004)

Belgian horror about a guy who breaks down out in the woods in the middle of hillbilly land. I thought going in that this was going to be full of violence, but it wasn't at all. It creates a great sense of dread early on, with a few intense scenes. It is slow paced and more psychologically disturbing. It's very well made and acted, and the sounds the pig made while it was being raped were very realistic.(not that I know from experience).

Unregistered User

Johnny Guitar (1954)

Much is made of the use of colour here and it is indeed downright brilliant. I really enjoyed this and it was great seeing such a different take on the western genre, however Joan Crawford was a little too over-the-top for me.

wanabe movie critique
Taken 3: 7.5/10
Entertaining movie with right balance of action scene and good plot.

Equilibrium 8/10
Some Kind of Wonderful 7/10
Transformers: Age Of Extinction 8/10

"This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it. I deny Everything I've ever done.... Everything I've ever fought for.

Could you say a few words about what you thought of The Babadook, Nemanja. I'd be interested to hear what you thought of it.
It's awesome ! Very awesome slow but creepy flick with some nice scenes

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Meet John Doe (Capra) - 8/10 - Great film... More relevant film than modern films... A reflection of the times, as a corrective condition. This movie at times is hopeless, like the human civilization, but there is hope, but only with action. Do what you can. Even if it's spreading a great film...

After reading about it, I see it's available for public domain. You can watch the movie down below.

Could you say a few words about what you thought of The Babadook, Nemanja. I'd be interested to hear what you thought of it.
The Babadook isn't a bad film, but it isn't the great film that I expected to see... The ending and generally the script is weak. Actors were OK! If you like horror films that aren't scary, this is for you. Would I watch this again? NO!

Mao's last dancer 7.5/10

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think The Babadook is a horror film but it's more of a psychological thriller about the loss of a loved one and being unable to cope with the possibility that you cannot take care of a special child or even yourself while dealing with that loss.

The Babadook isn't a bad film, but it isn't the great film that I expected to see... The ending and generally the script is weak. Actors were OK! If you like horror films that aren't scary, this is for you. Would I watch this again? NO!
was excited to watch Babadook.. but was overall ok in the end, on its small budget.

I think The Babadook is a horror film but it's more of a psychological thriller about the loss of a loved one and being unable to cope with the possibility that you cannot take care of a special child or even yourself while dealing with that loss.
yes, but too many clichés...

This movie was brilliant, has the perfect combination of sex, lies, murder, and plot twists to keep your eyes on the screen.

I give this movie:

/ 5