The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I fell instantly in love with Wreck-It Ralph when I first saw it in the theater. Such a fun and touching movie and the attention to detail is really amazing. The world of Sugar Rush is especially great and each time I watch the movie I notice something I never noticed before. It's one of my go-to movies whenever I'm feeling down or am just bored and indecisive. I had it at number 4.

Also, how freaking cute is this little guy? I love me some Sour Bill.

I watched Persepolis for the countdown and thought it was really well made and shed some light on what it's like to live in a culture I know little about. I seriously considered it for my list, but ultimately couldn't find a place for it.

My List
4. Wreck-It Ralph (#27)
6. Surf's Up (#99)
8. Over the Hedge (Near Miss)
9. Chicken Run (#51)
10. Charlotte's Web (#57)
11. Despicable Me (#61)
16. The Emperor's New Groove (#80)
21. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (#42)
22. Lilo & Stitch (#83)
24. Bambi (#50)

Persepolis was my number nine choice, and I'm glad it is in the top thirty....though I was hoping it'd place even higher! At least it's no secret around here how wonderful it is, a very faithful adaptation of the amazing graphic novels. And that's not the one of mine I was worried won't make the cut, this late in the game, as I was extremely confident it'd show.

4. The Wrong Trousers (#35)
5. A Town Called Panic (#76)
6. The Lego Movie (#6)
7. The Illusionist (#60)
8. Alice in Wonderland (#33)
9. Persepolis (#28)
10 Akira (#29)
12. Coraline (#36)
13. Animal Farm (#89)
15. Yellow Submarine (#62)
19. Watership Down (#75)
20. Waking Life (#41)
23. Sleeping Beauty (#54)
24. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (#42)
25. Hugo the Hippo (DNP)

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	persepolis.jpg
Views:	1590
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	19370  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I watched Persepolis for this countdown and it was my #7. Really great movie. Might be the only one that I watched specifically for tjis list and made it.

Wreck It Ralph was my #13. Like Vicky, its a go to now when I want something fun. The best Disney in a really long time and destroys Frozen in my opinion.

I loved Persepolis and Wreck-It Ralph, and they both made my top 10.

My list-

3. Rango
5. Persepolis
7. Animal Farm
8. Wreck-It Ralph
11. The Plague Dogs
13. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
16. The Wind Rises
18. Charlotte's Web
19. Kung Fu Panda
20. A Town Called Panic
21. Fantastic Planet
24. The Adventures of Prince Achmed (Near miss)
25. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Lord High Filmquisitor
Wreck It Ralph is such a great film: so much raw emotion balanced against such intelligent references and in-jokes. The AA-styled villains meeting, Ralph wrecking the car and him sacrificing himself while chanting his villains' mantra are stand-out scenes in an already exceptional film.

I haven't seen Persepolis yet, although I really should. It always looked really interesting to me.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Persepolis is good (but didn't make my list).

Wreck-It Ralph was my #9. Like The Lego Movie, it is the details and references and gamer in-jokes that make this movie what it is. It's clever and fun and not too cutesy and consequently one of my favourite Disney movies.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Wreck-It Ralph was my #17. It's cute, fun, and just an all around feel-good movie. I was a bit worried about it making the list because I don't hear much about it, but I'm glad to see so much love for it here.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Needless to say, two great movies. They were both in my 26-30 zone, but on another day, they could be up to 10 places higher. I had about 25 movies vying for the last 10 places.

Persepolis is great. It could've easily made my list, I just chose not to put it on. I knew it would make the list anyways... Glad to see it this high too.

Wreck-It Ralph I really liked, but it was never considered for my list.

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
My list so far*** [/COLOR************ Its Place in the Countdown

3. Persepolis 28
4. The Curse of the Were-Rabbit-Wallace and Grommit *
7. Bambi**
10. Le Planete Sauvage
16. Coraline
20. Corpse Bride *
21. Ice Age
**Missed the Cut
23. Alice in Wonderland

I'm inspired to buy Wreck-It Ralph right now!

Wreck-It Ralph instantly became one of my favorites... sadly I couldn't watch it in time for the countdown

It's such an amazing little movie, there is so much going on and such a nice twist!! And the "sugarland" oh my god, it had so much details and made me want to each so much sweet haha the storyline, the characters the funny parts, it was all so magical, I didn't want it to finish,I wanted to watch more and more of it.

I'm so sad I didn't watch it before, but well I had a lot to watch and I never thought it'd be so good. (What's new?)

I'm really happy to see it this high up, it definitely deserves the spot ^-^

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
10. The Lego Movie
12. The Rescuers: Down Under
13. Rango
14. Wreck-It-Ralph
15. The Pirates! Band of Misfits
16. How The Grinch Stole Christmas
18. The Great Mouse Detective
21. SpongeBob: The Movie
25. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Red is what I'm almost positive did NOT make it. 1-11 for SURE 100% will, the last batch can be iffy.

Also surprised I left The Simpsons off, it probably would have snuck on the list in the 20-25 range.

Suspect's Reviews

Lord High Filmquisitor
It'd be a real shame if The Great Mouse Detective missed the list. It's such a great film (although I sadly left it off of my own list).

26. Waltz With Bashir - Voting Stats

Total Points: 266
Part of a Numeric Tie? No.
20 Votes: 1st Place (25 pts.), 2nd Place (24 pts.), Two 6th Place (20 pts. each), 7th Place (19 pts.), 8th Place (18 pts.), 9th Place (17 pts.), Two 10th Place (16 pts. each), Two 12th Place (14 pts. each), Two 15th Place (11 pts. each), 17th Place (9 pts.), Three 20th Place (6 pts. each), Two 21st Place (5 pts. each), 22nd Place (4 pts.)

25. South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut - Voting Stats

Total Points: 283
Part of a Numeric Tie? No.
20 Votes: 1st Place (25 pts.), 2nd Place (24 pts.), Two 3rd Place (23 pts. each), Two 5th Place (21 pts. each), 6th Place (20 pts.), Two 7th Place (19 pts. each), Two 11th Place (15 pts. each), 14th Place (12 pts.), 15th Place (11 pts.), 16th Place (10 pts.), 20th Place (6 pts.), Two 21st Place (5 pts. each), Two 22nd Place (4 pts. each), 25th Place (1 pt.)